RNG, Cursor, the "F" key

RNG, Cursor, the "F" key

in Suggestions

Posted by: garraeth.3267

garraeth.3267

I love this game and play 5+ hours/day. These are the biggest issues my friends and I would like addressed. Please read thinking my tone is with the utmost respect for you guys. Because it is! Thx!

In order of our wish list priorities, highest at top:

1. “F” key. Split loot from all other interactions. Pretty self-explanatory.

2. Cursor size. And, hiding it when holding mouse keys. We would like to have an option to make the mouse cursor the targeting reticule and not disappear while we’re moving. Maybe this option only takes effect once in-combat.

3: This is low priority but something we discuss quite a bit since it’s confusing. RNG is odd with loot. I’m not meaning what people are discussing in the Share your data about perceived strange drop behavior here thread. I’m talking about how sometimes when doing the same event, say Shelter, you can hit a group of mobs (you know, how they spawn at specific places every time) and get 10+ drops. During the same event you can do this several times…10+, 10+, 10+…all with the same spawn point. Then suddenly, at that same spawn point, you can get 0 to 1 drop. Several times in a row as well.
tldr: same event, same spawn point, same buffs/abilities, go from 10+, 10+, 10+ drops, to 0-1, 0-1, 0-1, then back to 10+ or some number in between. Almost like there is a cap of the number of “loots” you can do in a time period.

Thanks for listening!

RNG, Cursor, the "F" key

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ravion Hawk.4736

Ravion Hawk.4736

Sounds like you hit Diminished Returns (DR) which is anti-farming code meant to thwart bots.

Head of the Order of the Iron Ravens [OoIR]
Lady Alexis Hawk – Main – Necromancer
Ravion Hawk – Warrior

RNG, Cursor, the "F" key

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Sounds like you hit Diminished Returns (DR) which is anti-farming code meant to thwart bots.

I thought that until he said it jumps back up to 10+ next wave. If it were DR it wouldn’t wear off that fast.

As far as the splitting the f key from loot, I would rather it just be a real auto-loot system. Automatic is automatic, pressing F is manual…. so wth?

RIP in peace Robert

RNG, Cursor, the "F" key

in Suggestions

garraeth.3267

I’m pretty sure it’s not DR, but if it is, is that how it’s supposed to work? On and off again so polarized? And within such a short time period?

Even if it is DR, I’d rather the #1 and #2 be addressed first. They affect every aspect of gameplay, all the time.

Ethics, if I understand your meaning of a “real auto-loot system”, I think you’re talking about something like Rift did with their dynamic events? I don’t know why, but the MMOs I’ve played (WoW, Rift, SWTOR, Vanguard, etc) have never automatically placed regular mob loot into your bags. If that’s a leap ANet is not ready to take, I’d be more than happy with just making loot a separate bind.

RNG, Cursor, the "F" key

in Suggestions

Posted by: lightsheep.8673

lightsheep.8673

Agreed, the cursor is constantly lost (hard to see (as a ground targeting grenadier) with all of the explosions and effects while in combat and the F key is a major issue with trying to loot while on the move between events.

Also hitting same problem at pen and shelter with groups of 10+ and then 0 and then the next will be 10+.

(edited by lightsheep.8673)

RNG, Cursor, the "F" key

in Suggestions

Posted by: bartem.2731

bartem.2731

Even when cursor appears, it’s hard to see in the middle of the battle. Can we have options for cursor appearance maybe in combat?
One of my alts is grenadier and I lose the cursor at times, waving my mouse around for a good 2-3 seconds to find the bugger. That’s 2-3 seconds of daze I ate in the middle of the battle for no reason but my incompetence, but it can be avoided with a simple pointer skin.

RNG, Cursor, the "F" key

in Suggestions

Posted by: Culzean.8571

Culzean.8571

I’m not quite sure what you mean… you mean having a keybind for “loot” and a separate one for “interact”? So splitting loot/interact?

-Wulf

RNG, Cursor, the "F" key

in Suggestions

garraeth.3267

I’m not quite sure what you mean… you mean having a keybind for “loot” and a separate one for “interact”? So splitting loot/interact?

Yes, exactly. Since everything is activated with “f”, and loot despawns before events end, you’re constantly having to hit “f” throughout the event. So you end up picking up banners, rezzing npc’s, talking to npc’s (which also stops looting), grabbing environment items like boulders, etc.

Coupled with the current bugs of interacting with those things (rezzing, environment items, banners, etc) while running, this is a huge issue. Now, not only are we all unable to stop running if we interact while moving, but if you rez while moving, it roots you completely. Full. Stop. Even using your movement keys doesn’t break you out – and you’re not even rezzing at that point, you’re just stuck. The only way out of that root is to use an ability that moves you — such as a leap or charge (as long as it’s not on cooldown, of course).

Personally, I would keep “f” as my loot key, and rebind the rest to something not even close to my left hand since those interactions aren’t used during action gameplay at all (you’re not urgently needing to talk to an npc before dying, for example…rezzing is generally something you know you’re going to be “out of the action” for a while anyhow, picking up boulders/banners/etc. is completely optional and/or for fun).