Race Change

Race Change

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Similar to makeover kit. Requires completion of personal story.

Race Change

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mentalhead.5721

Mentalhead.5721

That makes sense since personal story would be a problem if not completed, but what if in next expansion we get a new story that follows your Order and some choices from your past?

Race Change

in Suggestions

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

That makes sense since personal story would be a problem if not completed, but what if in next expansion we get a new story that follows your Order and some choices from your past?

I don’t see the problem. If you do not use the kit you can continue as before.
If you use it you begin the story from 0. You have to basically redo your character (styling, colors etc.) so you can choose the new story options there.
Only thing that stays: level + inventory + bank + crafting level + WvW level;

Problem I see here: what happens to race based armor?

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

Race Change

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

Why can’t people just forget about racechange? It likely wont happen, due to various complications. I don’t really see the point… make a new character… not like it takes that long to level up and regain what you had on another.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Race Change

in Suggestions

Gnat.9405

Why can’t people just forget about racechange? It likely wont happen, due to various complications. I don’t really see the point… make a new character… not like it takes that long to level up and regain what you had on another.

Well some people use the little time they have to devote to the game to advancing a single character. I have 3 80s, but now that I have significantly less time to play the game I would rather just play my Necro. Only problem is, I’m put off from playing him because he is Asura. There are a few technical things that could be a problem, such as personal story and armor, but it is easily mitigated. Change racial armor to the race which you are switching to, personal sotry, either have 0% progression or 100% progression to qualify. It isn’t difficult, I’m sure.

Race Change

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blixxis.6798

Blixxis.6798

I would love a race change. I like the medium Arah gear and like most armour sets on a Charr it looks terrible. It even looks like the resolution is off from other races. I have two fused daggers which you pretty much can’t get anymore, Wintersbark, 4 accended items and 2 full dungeon sets from CoE and HotW. So rerolling is not really a smart option for everyone.

When I rolled the toon I thought "ya Pyre is awesome of course i’m rolling a Charr’ . However if there was a large flashing disclaimer in the character screen saying “Warning your toon will look terrible in everything but 2 gear sets in the whole game”, will I might of rolled something else.

On my Sylvari and Asura I can’t beleive how good some stuff looks compared to the Charr. It’s yes that bad. Heavy isn’t to bad looking on a Charr but everything is.

Race Change

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shadow.5694

Shadow.5694

Why can’t people just forget about racechange? It likely wont happen, due to various complications.

Since you can’t even name one of them, I suppose, there won’t be any unslovable problems.

Storyline: 100% completed Storyline is required. After changing race you will be able to choose all the decisions you would have before you joined an order. For example if you would have helped at the orphanage or hospiteal for humans. There are just a few decisions and after joining an order it’s the same for all races anyway. Alternatively give race changed characters simply a default set of decisions.

Cultural Armor: Either convert it to the new race or if that is too much work display a warining, that you won’t be able to equip your cultural armor anymore (and require to unequip all cultural armor before changing race). After changing race the armor stays in your inventory, but you have to transmute an other skin onto it to use it again.

Can’t think of anything else, that could be a problem.

Race Change

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nemis.6874

Nemis.6874

3000 gem for racechange!

I have full build WAR → gear, commander rank, craft things, full map soon, all dungeon, good fractal lvl, wvw good lvl, but the Asura heavy sets = 0 !! When im start game i dont know than all set very ugly -.-“. Human heavy sets = amazing, asura sets = are you kidding me? I wrote support more time, but they …, just said create new char.. Why? I dont wanna other lvl80, i need 1 lvl80, and its all. Have name change, char design change ant other things, why havent race-change? This easy things for programmers, if not, then they cant programming -.-” .

Race Change

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

The only problems I can see have to do with choices and changes made during the personal story. It’s not a big deal but…

In my Sylvari story I saved someone. She moved into my home instance. Now you change races, all that stuff is gone. The stuff and choice you made during your story (and there were some) aren’t there anymore.

To me it’s like having a character born at 30 years old, without even knowing their past. What would you see when you click on your personal story book?

Race Change

in Suggestions

Nemis.6874

Not need story change and other things, just the your race skin change, im asura, okay, my elite skill stay, just my char skin not asura → human. So u know?
Its easy! Look: Fractal Charr Area, u transmuted char and your spells stay not? yeah. So You asura but your skin not asura. Its maybe easier, and all spell, all story stay.

Race Change

in Suggestions

Nemis.6874

“if you want another race, then simply create one and start the game again.”

LOL, and if u have full build legendary lvl100 on wvw, full stuffs and other things, (200laures → gear) then just delete and create new? oh okay……

Race Change

in Suggestions

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

“if you want another race, then simply create one and start the game again.”

LOL, and if u have full build legendary lvl100 on wvw, full stuffs and other things, (200laures -> gear) then just delete and create new? oh okay……

How many months took you to realize you don’t like the race?

Did you preview your legendary choice before equipping it?

Race Change

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tsarbomba.9180

Tsarbomba.9180

I can see profession changes being a no, but race changes can’t be too bad.

Race Change

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

Obligatory: “A-net already said ‘no’.”

Race Change

in Suggestions

Posted by: Turgut.4397

Turgut.4397

I’m definitely up for seeing a race change option in the future. If you can change your sex, your features, your name, why not race?

It’s simple. At the cost of changing your race, your personal story is reset and you must progress through it again.

People saying ‘just make a new character’ haven’t got a clue what they’re talking about. Some of us don’t have the time to invest in re-leveling from 1-80 just to turn your norn into an asura. We’d happily PAY for the opportunity to change race.

Seeing as makeover kits and name changes are selling big time, imagine the income Anet will recieve from this.

It’s an improvement of gameplay/quality for those who want to change race. And it’s easy cash for Anet. I see 0 problems with this feature.

Still waiting for the things I love about GW1.

Race Change

in Suggestions

Gnat.9405

I would spend 1600 gems on this with no hesitation. People saying just make another character also don’t realize it’s not just about having an 80 of that race/profession. It’s about the armor/weapons/money/time/mapping that the character has as well. Not the same thing at all.

Race Change

in Suggestions

Posted by: Revlack.9780

Revlack.9780

YES to race change!!!

Race Change

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aazo.2841

Aazo.2841

I am all for this idea…. and I could care less about the personal story crap. Just reset it to start if you change race for all I care. As I dont plan on doing the story quests again, ad-nausium (since after lvl 50 they are the same pretty much). I have only completed story quest on 1 80 and dont plan on finishing it on any of my other 80’s. There is just no point unless I can thow Trahearn on a bonfire <grins>.

But back on track…. I am all for a means to change race for those of us that dont care about story quests, and just want different race (with different racial elite skills). I would not even mind loosing the skill points for those special skills. What I dont want is to also have to lvl up my crafts on that character to 400 again. Which is why I have not deleted my one silvari toon, to remake him as asura (as I did with another 80 a couple months ago). Leveling is easy.. but leveling a craft gets expensive. Especially with the current material costs as they are.

Race Change

in Suggestions

Gnat.9405

It’s funny you say that, I’m actually trying to go Asuran to Sylvari haha. I can’t get with the tiny skins and clipping, it’s pathetic.

Race Change

in Suggestions

Posted by: Emopandagurke.3497

Emopandagurke.3497

I would spend 1600 gems on this with no hesitation. People saying just make another character also don’t realize it’s not just about having an 80 of that race/profession. It’s about the armor/weapons/money/time/mapping that the character has as well. Not the same thing at all.

I 100% agree with you.
Yes for Race Change.

-Elona Reach-

Race Change

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fey Zeal.7032

Fey Zeal.7032

Super Make over Kit

A: Reset the story

B: Create questions/dialog were the player reselect all the story options had they been the new race they are selecting.

Racial Armor: Achievement Points for the armor set bought remain under the race you bought them for. The armor, obviously “soul bound”, to that character changes to the new race.

Everything else is left untouched. Except for the cosmetic changes.

Race Change

in Suggestions

Gnat.9405

I understand that there are a lot of fundamental complications with switching races, such as personal story, modeling, home instances, skills, etc. I also understand that there is a priority chain that this falls very low on, were it to even be considered, but all I, and agreeable players are asking, is if it is an idea that may be considered in the future.

Race Change

in Suggestions

Posted by: Axxo.7430

Axxo.7430

+1 to race change.
I’m starting to hate my norn animations, seriously.

Axxo “The Hex Guardian” – SoS