Race change , !

Race change , !

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zmekt.3152

Zmekt.3152

Q:

I have an suggestion to the development team , I have an norn that i would like to change to Asura I personally think that Asura looks better as Ranger ,
But i do not have the time to level a new charecter all the way to 80 again with the exact same class i really think it would be a good idea If you developers added an race change system ,
and i know loads of other people agrees with me , some say that it wouldn’t work cause of the personal questing system , but mabye if you would like to change race thats an offer you have to make if you want to change race ,
I think aloot of people would like to change race so you would probbaly make some money of it

All the best , David

Race change , !

in Suggestions

Posted by: alamore.1974

alamore.1974

I never liked the idea or race or sex change.

Race change , !

in Suggestions

Posted by: Penguin.7906

Penguin.7906

Easiest solution to the “personal story problem” is simply to reset the whole personal quest line for characters that would change Race. I would also like to see a race change as after a few months i realized how different armors look on a female norn and a female human. it’s especially obvious on leg pieces, as where it looks giant and tent-like on the norn and just makes more sense on a human.

Shuriyo

Race change , !

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aeros.2046

Aeros.2046

I have a better idea. Why don’t you just level a new character.

[KRTA]
Maguuma

Race change , !

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

I doubt that they will ever release a race change item.

The race change item probably won’t get released because there is no way to fix the personal story. Resetting it makes no sense, because then you would be able to farm the rewards. Not resetting it would cause a crapton of bugs, not to mention that it would be akin to the developers admitting that their storylines aren’t worth your time.

Race change , !

in Suggestions

Posted by: high socks.7628

high socks.7628

I like this idea, and I think I have a solution to the problem of personal stories between races. Once you fully complete your personal story for a certain race, your account will remember you completed it, and you can only switch your characters race to ones that you’ve completed the personal story for.

Example: Your a charr, you’ve completed the norn personal story on some other account, so therefore you can switch between it as long as you completed the charr personal story as well, however if you haven’t completed the story for human on some other account your charr can’t switch to it yet until you finish it.

Race change , !

in Suggestions

Posted by: Genavelle.9516

Genavelle.9516

Kinda tired of people asking for this. I mean there are so many problems. First of all, you have to remember this is an mmoRPG and changing the race of your character (of all things) completely destroys the idea of immersion into the world and into your character. I mean hair and make-over kits are one thing, cause you can change your hair..you can get surgery, whatever. But it’s not realistic to say “Well I’m a norn today but tomorrow I’m going to be an asura” Plus there’s the whole storyline issue. As already mentioned, they can’t NOT address that because it would be buggy and just totally mess with the whole idea of rpg and immersion, again. And if they “reset” your storyline quest, then you would be able to get all the rewards again..

Anyways I think the biggest reason it will never happen and that people seem to forget, is that as an rpg this game is supposed to be immersive. Your character is supposed to be just that, a character, a person, in a real world. They aren’t just some cosmetic medium for you to use to get new stuff or whatever. And the race is NOT just a cosmetic feature of this game. It is a key point to the role-playing aspect and the story line.

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

Race change , !

in Suggestions

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

I think they should allow it. And yes, it is easy to level alts. But I would have more like 8 characters instead of the 16 I currently have. ArenaNet keeps releasing content that is aimed towards players having only 1 or 2 characters…. like wvw ranks, ascended gear, 1 time obtainable items/skins that soulbind….

I rerolled a few of toons to asura or charr/norn for tactical reasons. I wouldn’t have needed to do that if there was a race change item available for purchase…. which I would have bought.

Anyways I think the biggest reason it will never happen and that people seem to forget, is that as an rpg this game is supposed to be immersive. Your character is supposed to be just that, a character, a person, in a real world. They aren’t just some cosmetic medium for you to use to get new stuff or whatever. And the race is NOT just a cosmetic feature of this game. It is a key point to the role-playing aspect and the story line.

Some of us don’t role-play. And this game has very little, if any… immersion. It takes almost no skill in PvE to accomplish anything, all the gear is easily obtainable, and there is no fear of dying, because there are no real repercussions for it.

Are you for people dying their armor pink? That’s not very immersive or realistic either, but then again… it is a FANTASY game.

There are alternatives to the direct race change. You could have a feature where you “retire” a character, and the new character you receive will have lesser weapons and armor, and they could have been “trained” by your main one! You could be allowed to do it once a month or something. If there is a will, there is a way.

EDIT: Also on the race comment, it’s not very immersive that your race Charr is exactly the same as the race asura when it comes to playing any of the 8 classes. A charr guardian can be EXACTLY the same as an asura guardian. That’s not very immersive, because then I don’t care so much about my race if it receives all the same benefits as the others. And racials skills are for the most part… unusable, and is no argument in this department.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

(edited by WhiteAndMilky.2514)

Race change , !

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nemis.6874

Nemis.6874

+1 for Race Change!
"
Aeros.2046

I have a better idea. Why don’t you just level a new character
"
lvl90 wvw rank,100%map, all dungeon completed, fractal high lvl, 2 full set!
If Dungeons and Fractal and wvw rank and my items account bounds!!! Then i create new c……

Original poster check this and dont create new post next time …. : https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Change-race-order-facility/page/3

Race change , !

in Suggestions

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

actually, beyond level 30 the personal story quests (basically the moment you join an order) would be a complete non-issue because at that point all the race related items you get are the messages from your local lowbie drama club trainer to announce their own personal progress in their unseen…whatever they are supposed to be doing.

the system is capable of bugging as it is, i’ve had it happen once when topping off multiple zones at once (got a message from eir on a human), nothing distressing… and the rest can be changed by flags that already exist all over the place… and if you are wearing a full set of t3 cultural gear, well…tough noogies, you could have leveled a replacement in the time it took to make that cash.

I honestly am neutral to this idea, I wouldn’t mind it’s existence, but if i need to change a race because something looks godawful on the chosen but better somewhere else, fine… this is definitely a thing convenience thing to be sure, however it fits perfectly with the stated mission of what was to be offered in the gem store.