Race change item in the gem store???

in Suggestions

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

I would really like to purchase a race chance item since i made a mistake by making a human warrior but i wanted a bigger character. The reason is that long time ago i didnt know that warrior had a trait that increase the speed so i diidnt make a norn because i tought it would be very slow. Now i regret because i already bought some extoics weapons for 50+g and i cant delete him also the ascended accesories
Will the race change item ever become available or some sort of thing that un- soulbound items from your character :S

in Suggestions

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Personal story and race go together. This is probably why this will not be an option. Also all races have the same base speed. Only traits, signets, and buffs increase speed and that is dependent on the profession. Norns just look slower because of their size and animation.

The Burninator

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ravij.9856

Ravij.9856

Personal story and race go together. This is probably why this will not be an option. Also all races have the same base speed. Only traits, signets, and buffs increase speed and that is dependent on the profession. Norns just look slower because of their size and animation.

Actually I could see a race change option in the future. There are several options they could pursue to do this. One option could be upon race change you re select all your story modifiers and start off with a brand new slate; only you are what level you were at them time you began the race change.

in Suggestions

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Actually I could see a race change option in the future. There are several options they could pursue to do this. One option could be upon race change you re select all your story modifiers and start off with a brand new slate; only you are what level you were at them time you began the race change.

This topic pops up here about every other day and I have yet to see Anet respond to it aside from this thread, although 2 months old, doesn’t seem to provide much hope since there has been no news.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Possibility-for-a-race-change-item

And this:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Race-change-kits/

Then you have this thread that has been somewhat ongoing with no response either so I wouldn’t bet the bank on it happening.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Change-race-order-facility/

I have seen other threads where people claimed to have seen an official response saying no but they can’t be validated.

Edit: I did find this but it’s old as well. Just throwing it in there:
http://www.guildwars2guru.com/arenanet-tracker/topic/243694-race-change-option/

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kalamazoo.2598

Kalamazoo.2598

This topic has been discussed very often already and yet I don’t really see how the personal story is a complication; I would guess it’s troublesome because people who would change their race couldn’t go through the individual racial story, but I also think that people who want to change their race are not doing this because of the personal story but rather because of aesthetic reasons as their race doesn’t really fit their class (own opinion).
I’m finding myself in exactly that situation; I bought GW2 as soon as it was released an the first thing i made was my Charr Thief. At first i didn’t really care about its looks but know I think a Human or Sylvari Thief would look so much more awesome and it actually kind of ruins my gameplay experience. I truly love the game but my Charr Thief has some really nice and expensive Equipment and i don’t want to redo everything. The introduction of a Race-Change Kit would be appreciated by a lot of other players as well and I think that a lot of these players would be willing to pay for that…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orvaald.3245

Orvaald.3245

In my opinion I’d love a race change option. It’d be a nice way to switch up your character and keep yourself interested in him/her.

As to the complications of the personal story clash, how about making it so that only characters who have finished their personal story completely can have the option available to them. Seeing as it’s mostly going to be higher level characters who are going to want a race change option available anyway. That way it’ll also give you something to work towards if you’ve really grown uninterested in the choice of race you picked for your character at the start of the game.