Race changer - Urgently needed

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vaya.1354

Vaya.1354

we can change our gender, our looks.. why not our race.. lately I’m fond of the asura race, the way they run and jump, the sounds they make while fighting, and I’d really enjoying switching my character to asura, but to do that I’ll have to make a new character.. level it and buy all the gear again not to mention ascended gear and dyes, race changer in gem store would be great, please add it, and maybe wipe character’s story completion to start over with the new race!

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Another day, another race change thread. There are a lot of things that are urgently needed – bug fixes, for instance.

Just roll a new character.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gieniusz Krab.8259

Gieniusz Krab.8259

Its very, VERY noob idea :P

in Suggestions

Posted by: VOLTCIEAGE.3029

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

yh maybe if I would be 12 year old kid and I would be able to play more then 2 hours per day it would be awesome because sometimes I can`t do even daily and somebody tells me go create another profession and spend another 8 months getting what I already achieved in the past , sorry but no I don`t want waste my time ,

in Suggestions

uknortherner.2670

yh maybe if I would be 12 year old kid and I would be able to play more then 2 hours per day it would be awesome because sometimes I can`t do even daily and somebody tells me go create another profession and spend another 8 months getting what I already achieved in the past , sorry but no I don`t want waste my time ,

Right, so it took you eight months to realise you didn’t like the race you were playing?

in Suggestions

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

No I like my char but I can understand some people who wants other race,profession or they just like switching to something new after some time . In many new MMOs its possible to chage your look,power etc. and everything is fine , people like it .

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

How could a race change ever be urgent? This makes no sense right from the title.

No, also no, and might I add, no. Too bad, so sad. Deal with, or make a new character.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hawk.3574

Hawk.3574

With the new watchknight tonic working in battle I could see them releasing a tonic for each race with random looks generation, like the Ascalon fractal changing us to charr, or having it bring up the total makeover kit interface for user customization on each use.

It wouldn’t be an ideal situation but is something.

in Suggestions

Posted by: BlakThornArrow.2389

BlakThornArrow.2389

no. make a new character from a different race

White Lions Claw , dungeon, Living Story ,
Personal Story, WvsW , Guild Missions, Living Story and so much more.
(We have Teamspeak and a forum ) join us!

in Suggestions

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

maybe if things like commander,fract lvl,dung story modes,www level ,unlimited harvest tools from gem store maybe even map completion will be account bound I am sure that maybe people would decide to create new characters otherwise no probably you don`t know how much time it takes to get level 80 on fractal .

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

I would love this.

But then It would have to reset your storyline and everything.

It would be great tho.

But then again, what do I do with my cultural armor?

I would love this function, but I don’t think Arena has the resources for it.

Are you Shpongled?

in Suggestions

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

This wouldn’t work for the same reason you can’t change your profession. Cultural armor, personal story, achievements.. The list goes on of reasons why this wouldn’t work.

Just make a character of a different race if you want to play a different race.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Panicore.9035

Panicore.9035

I would also love to see race change possible. I’ve been playing since pre-launch and last few months I really got into the Asuran race, ive been reading about the race, learning the lore and so forth, not to mention I absolutley love the animations they have.

I do realize there could be certain issues with implenting this:

• Personal Story – The solution without any experience or knowledge about scripting and designing issues would be to reset the personal story and make sure you can no longer receive any rewards while re-doing it. There is also the problem with achivement points in the “Hero” section of the forum. Maybe you could make sure achievements through personal story wont be attainable with a character that is re-doing his personal story as another race, just as with the rewards. As I said I dont know the data and mining issues to complete this.
  • Cultural Armor – My current race is Sylvari, Ive got full t3 with three cultural weapons on top of that. If possible, you could transform this set into the set for the race u choose? If thats not possible for what ever reason, let people know that, if u decide to go trough with a race change ure current cultural armors will be of no use, and not useable. Thats just the price u have to pay for changing race. I would be fine with that. Or maybe you could just transmute it before u racechange to make the set still useable but not in the original apparence?

My conclusion is that I would love to hear from A-net about this. AFAIK all we heard so far is that they´re not actively working on a “race change”. I think a new update on this would be usefull, atleast to inform us if we can expect a race change in the near future or if we have to stick with our misstake of choosing the wrong race for our true prefences.

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

“We’re not actively working on …,” is PR speak for “No, you can’t have this and we have no interest in doing it.”

Now that you have a translation you can assume ANet has weighed in.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

in Suggestions

Panicore.9035

“We’re not actively working on …,” is PR speak for “No, you can’t have this and we have no interest in doing it.”

Im not entirely sure they used those exact words, therefor I didnt really quote them. Nonetheless their last statement about this “issue” is a couple of months old, and I believe a new statement from arena net would be justified. Just to clear things out, and stop even more of posts calling for a race change, cuz right now they are daily on the forums :p

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

Im not entirely sure they used those exact words, therefor I didnt really quote them. Nonetheless their last statement about this “issue” is a couple of months old, and I believe a new statement from arena net would be justified. Just to clear things out, and stop even more of posts calling for a race change, cuz right now they are daily on the forums :p

Why do they need to keep answering the same question month after month just because it keeps getting asked.

How about this. Assume the answer is no. If it isn’t no they’ll let us know because they like letting us in on things like that. Since they haven’t, the answer is no.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Naffy.1493

Naffy.1493

Race is purely cosmetic, just like sex, hair, body etc. And who gives an eff about personal story? Its lame as hell. And cultural armor. OMG, so hard! Oh wait, just change the owned armor to the new culture.

ANet will not do this because they too busy developing the new mini game which is a Tyrian style American Gladiators.

Tree Dink – Sylvari Guardian
Os of NSP

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

Race is purely cosmetic, just like sex, hair, body etc. And who gives an eff about personal story? Its lame as hell. And cultural armor. OMG, so hard! Oh wait, just change the owned armor to the new culture.

ANet will not do this because they too busy developing the new mini game which is a Tyrian style American Gladiators.

Hmm, possibly, just possibly ANet cares about the Personal Story. You know, being the ones who wrote it and all. The fact that you don’t care about it doesn’t make it an unimportant aspect of the game.

What if you don’t like the new cultural armor? Nothing you are suggesting actually changes anything.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Naffy.1493

Naffy.1493

Hmm, possibly, just possibly ANet cares about the Personal Story. You know, being the ones who wrote it and all. The fact that you don’t care about it doesn’t make it an unimportant aspect of the game.

What if you don’t like the new cultural armor? Nothing you are suggesting actually changes anything.

If ANet cared about the “personal” story, they wouldn’t have written the Trahearne based garbage that resulted. And if you don’t like the new armor who cares? Its not about the armor, its about the look/size/animations of your character.

Tree Dink – Sylvari Guardian
Os of NSP

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

A lot of things are needed in Guild Wars 2 . This is not one of them

in Suggestions

Panicore.9035

A lot of things are needed in Guild Wars 2 . This is not one of them

My only response to this is that other major games have the option for u to change race, and the reason they have that is because people want it. So for you to try to speak for all of us is just not the right thing to do. As I said other games have the options for a reason, the same reason I think GW2 should have it.

in Suggestions

uknortherner.2670

Those other games don’t have a personal story.

in Suggestions

Panicore.9035

Thats why I stated a possible solution for that if you´d spent some more time reading through the thread.

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

Thats why I stated a possible solution for that if you´d spent some more time reading through the thread.

You did, it’s just also a terrible idea.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

Panicore has made the point here: the ‘race change’ product would cause many more problems than solve, so will unlikely be implemented. If it erased your storyline it would mean you could easily get rewards over and over again (e.g. black lion keys).

In all honesty, you may as well start the new character now, get to level 80 and work up all the things you wanted. By then they may have read the post and considered adding a ‘race changer’. If it’s too much effort to do all that again, you probably should be doing something else (I mean, you probably have another 4 or 5 years until they release something else).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vitus Dance.4509

Vitus Dance.4509

If it erased your storyline it would mean you could easily get rewards over and over again (e.g. black lion keys).

Bad example.
Somehow i doubt many (if any) people would be farming personal stories for the 2 BL keys they offer…even if said keys open the oh-so-desirable RNG BL chests – it just wouldn’t be worth anyone’s time to do it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

It isn’t urgently needed.

The Burninator

in Suggestions

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

Either way, despite the rubbish example (ok, I admit it, the race changer would probably cost more than 2 black lion keys) there is a reason why you have 5 character slots and there are 5 playable races AND the opportunity to add more character slots.

I doubt arena net would add it because it’s bypassing a lot of their efforts: they probably want you to experience each race from level 1 to 80, not to get there for free just to run around because you look pretty. Each race isn’t just about cosmetics, it’s about game play (skills, storyline, the feel of the game) which I think you’d miss out on just going straight to level 80.

If you really want a level 80 sylvari just play through to level 80. Level 80 can be reached in less than 40 hours if you really want by crafting, exploring and doing storyline with crafting boosters. Play for 2 hours a day and it takes less than a month, and I doubt that anet will release a race change booster in less than a month’s time. At least by playing through (even fast, just to level) you’re still experiencing some of what the race has to offer…

in Suggestions

Panicore.9035

Its about alot more than getting level 80. And the argument that

“you played a sylari for so long and geread him up and now you wanna change race, you should have thought abou that before”

doesnt do it for me. People change, people wanna try diffrent things. And I just find it hard to see myself get a new character with the same profession but diffrent race, getting to level 50 in fotm again, getting 3 diffrent sets again, farming my full arah set, exploring 100% of the world again, getting all my weapons again like spirit link, whisperblade etc and ofc the legendary.

in Suggestions

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

Its about alot more than getting level 80. And the argument that

“you played a sylari for so long and geread him up and now you wanna change race, you should have thought abou that before”

doesnt do it for me. People change, people wanna try diffrent things. And I just find it hard to see myself get a new character with the same profession but diffrent race, getting to level 50 in fotm again, getting 3 diffrent sets again, farming my full arah set, exploring 100% of the world again, getting all my weapons again like spirit link, whisperblade etc and ofc the legendary.

+1

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

I’m more sick of people with reroll as an excuse to derail the threads then them being made to begin with. On the contrary, these threads are pointless because no matter what they say this will happen, It’s only a matter of time. It’s just to profitable to not do.