Race reroll?

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Anthony.7219

Anthony.7219

So I’ve got a level 80 Human Guardian, and I’ve been playing around with alts only to discover that what I really want to do is re-start my game as a Sylvari Guardian. Am I crazy? Has anyone else done this? To be perfectly honest, if there was a cash shop item to keep my level but wipe my race, I’d use it, even if it wiped my personal story.

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Henri Blanche.8276

Henri Blanche.8276

Well, I mixed and matched races and classes, which I am guessing is the norm. That said, I know of folks in my guild who have ten or more toons so they must be duplicating races and classes.

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

So I’ve got a level 80 Human Guardian, and I’ve been playing around with alts only to discover that what I really want to do is re-start my game as a Sylvari Guardian. Am I crazy? Has anyone else done this? To be perfectly honest, if there was a cash shop item to keep my level but wipe my race, I’d use it, even if it wiped my personal story.

/brofist

Same here.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Warzaw.2708

Warzaw.2708

I honestly love my Charr ranger, but I kind of want to change it to a human female, and I can’t unless I roll a whole new toon.

BREAK YOURSELVES UPON MY BODY
FEEL THE STRENGTH OF THE EARTH
Vicodium – Ranger (IX) Coldsnap

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

You are not alone, my GF has 3 Rangers. 1 human, 1 sylvari, 1 charr. There’s nothing wrong with that, just roll another Guardian.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: EpicHedgehog.1754

EpicHedgehog.1754

why don’t they put a “new asura technology” that is a machine that can change your race, you go in as Human and come out as whatever race you want, to use it you will need a “soul stone” or something like that that will cost 1000-2000 gems (or more) and you must have finished your personal story so there will be no need for change there (i hope so, i dont know what did Anet did with the sync between your race, the personal story and the interact with the other NPCs but i dont think this will be a problem, the race is mostly cosmetic)

If you like the idea feel free to make a new topic with it if you think it will be better and more ppl will see it, i realy hope that anet will make it, i want to change my race on some toons too

Not good at english ^^

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

You and everyone else wants this (well almost everyone), but ANet has said “No”

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Anthony.7219

I’m not alone, but don’t expect help. Gotcha

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zavve.8205

Zavve.8205

Had an 80 Charr engi. Deleted him and made an asura

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Waldir.2571

Waldir.2571

What they have actually said was that Asura technology isn’t there yet (meaning its a lot of codeing involved I assume) but if enough people request it it could happen, so let your voice be heard!

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

What they have actually said was that Asura technology isn’t there yet (meaning its a lot of codeing involved I assume) but if enough people request it it could happen, so let your voice be heard!

That’s true. I took it as a smarty pants “No” but this is what they said.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: CattivoUomo.7198

CattivoUomo.7198

It defeats the purpose of playing each race’s unique storyline, leveling that race, and in general promotes not playing a lot of the game. If you want a Sylvari, make a new character and work for it. It’s not like it takes that long to level up, so you might as well just start and who knows, maybe you’ll see or do an event in the game you’ve never seen before. Maybe you don’t like that idea, but what’s the point of playing the game if you aren’t putting in a little effort to achieve something? If you can change races, then next you’ll just want to change your character class from warrior to ranger or whatever, thus defeating the purpose behind having multiple races and classes. As I’ve suggested in other posts, what the devs need to do is provide better incentives to players to encourage playing and leveling up new characters. Adding more storylines that are unique to each race and maybe even class would go a long way to enhancing the replay-ability of this game, and in the process would help players level up. Obviously the storylines need to be engaging, challenging, fun and with reasonable rewards for the effort. The moment the devs start adding fast tracks to end goals, that’s when replay-ability is thrown out the window. If you want a Sylvari Guardian; work for it.

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Anthony.7219

It defeats the purpose of playing each race’s unique storyline, leveling that race, and in general promotes not playing a lot of the game. If you want a Sylvari, make a new character and work for it. It’s not like it takes that long to level up, so you might as well just start and who knows, maybe you’ll see or do an event in the game you’ve never seen before. Maybe you don’t like that idea, but what’s the point of playing the game if you aren’t putting in a little effort to achieve something? If you can change races, then next you’ll just want to change your character class from warrior to ranger or whatever, thus defeating the purpose behind having multiple races and classes. As I’ve suggested in other posts, what the devs need to do is provide better incentives to players to encourage playing and leveling up new characters. Adding more storylines that are unique to each race and maybe even class would go a long way to enhancing the replay-ability of this game, and in the process would help players level up. Obviously the storylines need to be engaging, challenging, fun and with reasonable rewards for the effort. The moment the devs start adding fast tracks to end goals, that’s when replay-ability is thrown out the window. If you want a Sylvari Guardian; work for it.

I should note that this wasn’t originally in the suggestion thread, nor was I whining about not being handed a race change. I personally feel it is a waste to spend the time leveling what amounts to the exact same character twice (race doesn’t really matter for gameplay) so I’m forcing myself to level another class. I completely understand what you’re saying, but I was actually looking forward to re-doing my story as a different race, I just didn’t want to lose absolutely everything and start a second identical character.

Hope that makes sense.

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Isende.2607

Isende.2607

i have 14 characters. nine of them are 80s. i’ve actually had a total of 12 80s, but three of them were rerolled as i didn’t like something about the character. that being said, i have two thieves, and one of every other profession, at 80 … and then more that i’m leveling to try different builds. for instance, my first 80 thief was rolled with a build i created, and love, but then was challenged with “you should do a full zerker thief.” so i rolled one to 80, to experience the playstyle/etc of that build. my two engineers, same thing. and two guardians … and so on.

you can limit yourself, if you choose. or you can realize that with the traits/etc set up as they are, there are several, SEVERAL different ways to build the same profession, and play and experiment with them

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: GreenAlien.5623

GreenAlien.5623

I would love to play all the race story lines, but having to level up again and waste money on equip is a big turn off T_T. Well, with a bit of luck we get level up to 40 items next birthday, then it wont be so bad.

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Weezin Da Juice.9653

Weezin Da Juice.9653

Support… I cant be asked to start over and throw all of my hard earned, expensive equipment down the drain! Plz lemme change my race ANet

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

It sounds like Anet might have talked about this somewhere else, so maybe they’re more open to it than I’d expect, but I’m not sure it’s technically feasible. Your character retains information about all the different story steps you’ve been through, so either in changing my race I’d either end up as a Norn with a human backstory, or they’d have to cook up a system for generating a faked backstory for the story steps I could have done.

It’s possible, just a lot more involved than changing appearance or gender.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dr Hashbrown.7104

Dr Hashbrown.7104

I have a Sylvari warrior that I wanna switch to a human warrior, but what’s stopping me is that I have a personal fractal reward level of 35 and rank 75 in wvw, which I don’t want to start over all again, I’m completely ok with manually leveling him up to 80 but I don’t want to go through fractals all over again and wipe my wvw ranks. Maybe I’ll reroll when anet decides to make wvw ranks and fractal reward level account wide.

Edit: spelling correction

-Drums

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Talenna.4052

Talenna.4052

I wonder if it’s also something to do with items such as cultural armour? If a player wanted to reroll a level 80 Asura, with Tier 3 cultural armour, would there then be calls to have that swapped too?

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Djemo.7153

Djemo.7153

HERE HERE!
Note also that the forum is just a miniature piece of the community, and you can bet the majority who doesent browse the forums is more than up for it.
There is no downside that people can whine about, which isnt just plain pointless and greedy imo.

As for the story, you can juts get a questionnaire.
With questions that are actually related to the story itself, like when you were asked what race to study in the Priory you chose: and then you get answers to pick from etc etc.

I also dont think people would mind if the price is big.

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frostbite.6397

Frostbite.6397

I have exactly same situation. Im human and want to change for sylvari.

Leveling new character is not a problem, but starting everything from 0 ? Hell no. World completion, story dungeons, fractals, wvw and list goes on.

Anet could even make some money on that, because i guess many players have exactly same problems like we here.
Thing is that I dont know if anyone from developers is even checking topics like that.
Maybe we should make something like petition?

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Waldir.2571

Waldir.2571

Yes! A petition sounds good

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Anthony.7219

I wonder if it’s also something to do with items such as cultural armour? If a player wanted to reroll a level 80 Asura, with Tier 3 cultural armour, would there then be calls to have that swapped too?

Excellent point, this would really screw things up.

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Anthony.7219

I think I just figured out a build for my level 27 Sylvari Thief. It wasn’t easy since I don’t like stealth or condition heavy builds, if it works out this weekend then I’m officially in the “leave it alone” camp again

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

CattivoUomo.7198

I should note that this wasn’t originally in the suggestion thread, nor was I whining about not being handed a race change. I personally feel it is a waste to spend the time leveling what amounts to the exact same character twice (race doesn’t really matter for gameplay) so I’m forcing myself to level another class. I completely understand what you’re saying, but I was actually looking forward to re-doing my story as a different race, I just didn’t want to lose absolutely everything and start a second identical character.

Hope that makes sense.

I understand what you’re saying, but the point I was making is that players would just end up leveling only one character to level 80, then race change as they please rather than actually starting a new character thus skipping the race specific story lines. Now I know the stories may not appeal to everyone and they may not be all that great to some people, but the developers spent time and money on those aspects of the game so if it were my game I would want players to at least go through them once as it was intended. And even though you say you were looking forward to redoing the your story with another race, it wouldn’t be the same effect since you would be level 80 with level 80 armor, weapons and skills. The scaling system only partially compensates for that.

In addition, there are race specific skills which can have an effect on gameplay, unlike your claim. May not be a huge effect, but an effect is an effect. There are also cultural armors and weapons that are race specific, and if you only have to work for one set of those armors and weapons, you aren’t playing, which can lead to a faster death of the game.

I further add that once players get the option to reroll their race, they will then begin asking to reroll their class as well. For the same reasoning, I would want my players to have to play the game as it was intended rather than to simply hand them the end result. It’s not like leveling to 80 even takes that long, so might as well experience as much of the content as you can.

I further point out that the purpose for this game is to not only provide entertainment, but for the creators to make money. One of the ways they make money is by selling additional character slots. They additionally have greater potential to make more money by having players play longer. They could make and sell a race reroll item as you suggested, but that could lead to fewer gem purchases for other items since many players choose to buy all the gadgets, armor skins, finishers, and so on for more than one character. Re-rolls may remove that desire for many players since now they can have 1 character that has it all.

Fewer trading post transactions can lead to problems with the game economy. If you’re not buying armor and weapons, or crafting material for characters you are leveling, then that hurts the economy leading to a faster death to the game. That also leads to fewer players actually playing because now players just need one character and never have to buy any additional armor or weapons, and they reach their end goals faster.

Others on this post have already said, they like your idea because the don’t want to waste their “time and money” leveling another character. That’s potentially money out of the developers pockets. Even if you never spend money in the gem store, your time and effort in the game has an effect on the in game economy, and a healthy game economy helps keep the game alive longer. Players must have goals to work towards, otherwise the game dies. So as you level your new Sylvari Guardian, please think about the starving developers, keep the game alive longer for yourself and your fellow players, and most importantly, have fun.

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Djemo.7153

Djemo.7153

You are seriously delusional if you think someone would go around paying 1000+gems multiple times for the reason you mentioned.

People have alts for a reason, noone would reroll for story or a useless racial skill.
This primarily affects those who dislike their race choice because of the looks.
As for the developers and their time and whatnot, irrelevant to the majority of the people that are asking for this (gw2 vets with tons of alts).

We have already experienced everything, and the horribly mediocre story that ive already done on 3 sylvaris wont be any more interesting if im a diferent class.
Even if the story was good, its not play through it 3x good.

Any reasoning against this race change item being implemented holds no ground imo.

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aly Cat.9415

Aly Cat.9415

I used to be opposed to the idea of racial changes but that’s back when I expected the game to be more like the original. They’ve since introduced character bound progression and a grindy “final” tier of gear. Players aren’t lacking for goals to work for – I’m frankly a little overwhelmed – and player burnout won’t do the game any favors either. I really doubt players would constantly re-roll for the sake of re-rolling, and even if they did, that’s still money in the developers’ pockets.

In fact, part of what makes me sick about my norn is that I wasted a makeover kit (gem shop item) on her and still don’t like her because at the end of the day I don’t enjoy norn (that, and I can’t do a thing about the voice.) However, she was the character I’d foolishly been using in WvW AND I spent a bunch of laurels and badges on.

I still have several other characters I do like, and that I need to gear so fixing that mistake won’t make me play any less. It would actually keep me playing whereas throwing all that work away makes me ill.

Unfortunately I don’t think the tech will allow for race changes due to the pesky personal story (dunno why people are making an issue of skills, other races had race specific skills in other games that allow race changes, too.)

I think a good compromise would be account bound WvW progression and a way to make non-racial items like jewelry temporarily account bound (so that players couldn’t just swap them among characters but have to use a gem store item.)

In any case, people should be motivated by enjoyable content not grinding for gear. I acquired the gear as a necessary evil. What I play for is the living story, WvW and mini-games (also PvP but that’s a separate system altogether, and not relevant to this issue.)

(edited by Aly Cat.9415)

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Actually, a petition sounds bad, as it violates our Forum Code of Conduct. You’re better off having a discussion about the suggestion, as that is what the Dev Teams read.

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Anthony.7219

Hope that makes sense.

I understand what you’re saying, but the point I was making is that players would just end up leveling only one character to level 80, then race change as they please rather than actually starting a new character thus skipping the race specific story lines. Now I know the stories may not appeal to everyone and they may not be all that great to some people, but the developers spent time and money on those aspects of the game so if it were my game I would want players to at least go through them once as it was intended. And even though you say you were looking forward to redoing the your story with another race, it wouldn’t be the same effect since you would be level 80 with level 80 armor, weapons and skills. The scaling system only partially compensates for that.

In addition, there are race specific skills which can have an effect on gameplay, unlike your claim. May not be a huge effect, but an effect is an effect. There are also cultural armors and weapons that are race specific, and if you only have to work for one set of those armors and weapons, you aren’t playing, which can lead to a faster death of the game.

I further add that once players get the option to reroll their race, they will then begin asking to reroll their class as well. For the same reasoning, I would want my players to have to play the game as it was intended rather than to simply hand them the end result. It’s not like leveling to 80 even takes that long, so might as well experience as much of the content as you can.

I further point out that the purpose for this game is to not only provide entertainment, but for the creators to make money. One of the ways they make money is by selling additional character slots. They additionally have greater potential to make more money by having players play longer. They could make and sell a race reroll item as you suggested, but that could lead to fewer gem purchases for other items since many players choose to buy all the gadgets, armor skins, finishers, and so on for more than one character. Re-rolls may remove that desire for many players since now they can have 1 character that has it all.

Fewer trading post transactions can lead to problems with the game economy. If you’re not buying armor and weapons, or crafting material for characters you are leveling, then that hurts the economy leading to a faster death to the game. That also leads to fewer players actually playing because now players just need one character and never have to buy any additional armor or weapons, and they reach their end goals faster.

Others on this post have already said, they like your idea because the don’t want to waste their “time and money” leveling another character. That’s potentially money out of the developers pockets. Even if you never spend money in the gem store, your time and effort in the game has an effect on the in game economy, and a healthy game economy helps keep the game alive longer. Players must have goals to work towards, otherwise the game dies. So as you level your new Sylvari Guardian, please think about the starving developers, keep the game alive longer for yourself and your fellow players, and most importantly, have fun.

You make a lot of good points, and several people have pointed out issues that are, IMO, too large to overcome.

How about making those birthday XP scrolls purchasable on the gem store? I used mine up creating an Asuran Engineer only to discover that I don’t really like them. I guess I should have played SPvP for a while first to figure out if I liked Engineers.

Nah, that won’t work either. I’ll keep thinking.

Actually, a petition sounds bad, as it violates our Forum Code of Conduct. You’re better off having a discussion about the suggestion, as that is what the Dev Teams read.

Thanks for the warning!

(edited by Anthony.7219)

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

CattivoUomo.7198

“You are seriously delusional if you think someone would go around paying 1000+gems multiple times for the reason you mentioned”[/quote]

Perhaps, and yet so many players are still willing to spend real money and in game gold to achieve goals without having to actually work towards them.

“People have alts for a reason”

Yes, and one of those reasons is because some achievements and some story modes are race specific. Let’s make it easier for them to get by letting them reroll their already maxed character!

“noone would reroll for story or a useless racial skill”

Not true, because getting story achievements done is always easier when your character is already at max level, and in theory the developers could introduce additional racial skills in the future worth rerolling for.

“This primarily affects those who dislike their race choice because of the looks.”

Make better choices in the first place. Refer to the law of causality. You brought in on yourself, so why should the developers have to fix it for you?

“As for the developers and their time and whatnot, irrelevant to the majority of the people that are asking for this”

Never said it was relevant to you. But I imagine it’s relevant to the developers that you at least experience and try to enjoy the content they’ve worked so hard to create for you. Your active participation in that content is further relevant to your fellow players. Without it, there is no ‘multi’ in this game.

“We have already experienced everything”

And you speak for the players that just bought the game yesterday? How do you keep them from using the reroll option when they have their first chance to use it?

“and the horribly mediocre story that ive already done on 3 sylvaris wont be any more interesting if im a diferent class.
Even if the story was good, its not play through it 3x good.”

And yet you did. Thank you for your contribution to extending the life of the game. You could have just done the story modes for each race, but you went the extra mile. Thank you.

“Any reasoning against this race change item being implemented holds no ground imo.”

Everyone has one. Mine says that once you start adding fast track devices to a game, you will fast track it to its own demise.

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: rodadams.5963

rodadams.5963

Actually, a petition sounds bad, as it violates our Forum Code of Conduct.

Forbidden Fruit always tastes better. :-)

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

Here is my question….Is it against the Forum Code of Conduct to post a petition on another site for instance reddit….then post a link to that site and have discussion on this forum about the contents of that petition?

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Here is my question….Is it against the Forum Code of Conduct to post a petition on another site for instance reddit….then post a link to that site and have discussion on this forum about the contents of that petition?

Don’t think it is but if I was in charge of that rules however I would not allow you to post a link to that petition or make any kind of “adverticing” about it.
And a petition on any forum is pretty useless since there is such a small playerbase looking on different forums so you would get so much inacurate numbers so they would mean nothing.
It is like go to a sci-fi convent and ask how many likes Star Wars to know if Star Wars is popular in the world.

A few weeks ago my fiancée Rolled a new toon so I deleated my Charr Thief and made an Asura Thief becouse I wanted to play togather with her and I was realy unpleased with my Charr.

When I started over with my toon I realiced how much I would have missed if I just did a race-reroll… Just my cup of tea.
I don’t think Anet doesn’t want this in the store I think it is a realy hard nut to crack.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Inc.4753

Inc.4753

For it to work, I guess we’ll also have to make it restart the personal story. That would really make the item a character restart, just without the choice of profession. The only problem (despite technological problems at Anet’s side which I don’t know anything about) I see is existing racial armor. It could just become unusable, forcing players to use transmutation stones/crystals to keep their stats.

For the record: I would buy this item (if also restarting the personal story) even if previous choices like your biography and Order will never have any influence again.

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I wish they had more classes. I’ve thought about just making different race/class combinations and specializing them for a role. That is, making them “functionally” different classes. However, the gearing of them and the WvW points, etc. make me wonder if I really want to.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Storm of the Ages.9076

Storm of the Ages.9076

I think this would be a great idea. I currently have 8 classes that are fully geared at level 80. One of them, my human ele, I’m not really happy with. So right now I have two choices. Either I deal with it and just never play my ele, or I spend gems on another character slot/delete the old toon and start the it all over again. It really is a pain and I would gladly let them strip away my characters personal story to let them do it.

As for the cultural armor, anet could do something like they did with mf and let you pick from a set of default crafting skins. I think that would be fair.

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

I think that would end up awkward…. Let’s say you start out with a Norn Ranger. You get cultural armor for it and story achievements for it. Then you change race. Not only are you rerolling the same profession, you’re going to have to go through the storyline… Again… as a ranger at level 80. Stories are boring once you’ve hit level 80 and you have to go through the beginning part. And then, to top it all off, you have all this soulbound armor that’s absolutely worthless. Sure, you got your achievements, but that’s a lot of work just to trash in the end.

If you want to reroll race for stories, why not just use a character slot solely for that purpose? I’m thinking about doing that. At least I could choose my profession that way.

Probably the biggest complication of all: Skill points. You have a max level character, I assume it would reset your skill points to only 75 (possibly it would keep the remaining skill points you have, which may be far lower than 75, but we’ll assume it keeps it from leveling up as your racial skills are different so your skills with then need to be different and reset), which means you’d need to gain 39 skill points (if I calculated correctly, which honestly I think I’m missing something) so you’d have to redo skill challenges. You’d still have to buy the trait books (that would be…3 gold 10 silver… I think).

Basically, it’s not magic. There are many unintended consequences and technicalities for redoing race.

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

Lol sounds a little hostile

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Riccik.2907

Riccik.2907

Basically, it’s not magic. There are many unintended consequences and technicalities for redoing race.

And I would accept all of them just to have different race. I would love to make the story line quests again, I would salvage my human t3 armor, I wouldnt even mind to start with 0 skill points and skills reseted. I would just farm dungeons and get them back ! I just want to keep my dyes, inventory slots, legendaries + the most important hours that ive played… I dont want to start my character and have there 1 minute, no i want my 1 353 hours !

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Storm of the Ages.9076

Storm of the Ages.9076

How would skill points be a problem? Refund all skill points used on racail skills and TAAA DAAAA! Problem solved. You are not switching a profession you are only switching a race. Honestly they could not refund the racial skill points and it would still be fine. Gaining that many points as opposed to rerolling a character is nothing.

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Riccik.2907

How would skill points be a problem? Refund all skill points used on racail skills and TAAA DAAAA! Problem solved. You are not switching a profession you are only switching a race. Honestly they could not refund the racial skill points and it would still be fine. Gaining that many points as opposed to rerolling a character is nothing.

HAHAHA Exactly m8 ! gaining some skill points in exchange for the race change isnt a problem + it shouldnt even happen in the first place because only the race is resetting not the class

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Retsuko.2035

Retsuko.2035

It should be possible to reroll your race. However, it should have some conditions to it. Like, if you reroll, your character’s level is reset to level 1, so you can start over your personal story of the race you changed to from the very beginning. With this change, 1 total makeover kit is given. Gears, items, upgrades to inventory, skill points etc remain.

It should of course have some costs, maybe 800 gems?

Retsu ~ Inner Monkey [IM] ~ Piken Square

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Riccik.2907

It should be possible to reroll your race. However, it should have some conditions to it. Like, if you reroll, your character’s level is reset to level 1, so you can start over your personal story of the race you changed to from the very beginning.

That’s bull**** resetting your char to level 1 would mean deleting all of your skills and that’s just a huge waste and you couldn’t even wear your gear at that moment and that is not a race change, but a simple re-roll. Instead you can just delete personal story progress or reset it if you want. There’s a simple code to it, just like resetting the level you can reset personal story. Or you could reset also your level + Anet could give us an experience scroll which would pop your character back on 80 thus unlocking everything u had 10 minutes ago.. In this case skill points would have to be sacrificed but who cares about skill points ? it takes like 40 – 50 to get your important stuff..

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Majuub.6215

Majuub.6215

It is only a matter of time until they release a race change item. They have hinted heavily, if not flat out said there will be more playable races (can’t remember exactly), and at that point, even more of the community will want it. From what I can tell, there isn’t anything game breaking about it, simply reset personal story and your good to go. Even if anet tends to ignore its’ community, I feel like this is an issue that will get pressed.

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
Sea of Sorrows

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

Hahaha you can dream on. Do what I did and you’ll be happy.
1. Use the Change Name Item from the store (When you change the name it’s safekept on your account for 24 hours)
2. Buy a char Slot if you don’t have any open and create a SYlvari guardian (This wa you get to keep the bday of your old character)
3. Redo the storyline and level it up. (It took me a ~week to level up to 80, but I was completing zones and exploring things all over – It was fun so if you’re in no hurry you should do that, and Talk with NPcs you meet along the way. Really brings you back to Beta events.)
4. If you have any Special exotics saved you can transfer them to the new character with ease. Ask around someone will surely help out.
Wiola! You recreated your char in the new race.

In my case I did the opposite, from Sylvari Ele to Human Ele. Couldn’t be more happier now and saved me a lot of pain and hope. This is your only option right now and in the future probably.

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zibbr.3651

Zibbr.3651

I agree with topic started. I would really like to change my asura to a human and replaying the personal story!

Would be awsome and something I would spend money on!

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

CattivoUomo.7198

[quote=2976688;Majuub.6215:]

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

CattivoUomo.7198

It is only a matter of time until they release a race change item. They have hinted heavily, if not flat out said there will be more playable races (can’t remember exactly), and at that point, even more of the community will want it. From what I can tell, there isn’t anything game breaking about it, simply reset personal story and your good to go. Even if anet tends to ignore its’ community, I feel like this is an issue that will get pressed.

Not necessarily. Anet provides (aka sells) additional character slots for a reason. Primarily to make money, so when new races are introduced you can bet they would look forward to selling more and more character slots. Now, yes, they could make money selling race change items, however for all the reasons I stated in other comments on this section, the developers stand to make more by keeping players playing longer. Having to level up a new character to get the race you want accomplishes that far better than allowing insta-race changes for characters that are already level 80 and have max armor/weapons, all the skills, etc. I think it would be a big mistake on their part if they introduced something like this.

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Phoenixtwolf.9213

Phoenixtwolf.9213

First of all the personal story really is not that big not like I thought it would be you start out doing a few things but it has no real personal touch to it and it ends with not even you (the player) being the hero. But here is an idea when you do a race change it clears it all up and gives you the options after you choose the race and details that go with that race. What it could do is run you through the options you would of been asked if u chose that race when you started the game this way (even tho it does not really have a real impact on the game u still have your personal story even if u change your race.

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Riccik.2907

What it could do is run you through the options you would of been asked if u chose that race when you started the game this way .

Just what I was thinking of the whole time.