Race reroll?

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: anxnox.9027

anxnox.9027

This is the only topic that makes me anxious – please don’t introduce that item.
No offense & thank you

regards

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I’ve come to the conclusion that, too much of the game design was based on character progression and not player progress. The player should be the one progressing with an avatar being just an expression of the person that day. I’ve read developer’s use the term player skill and player progression but, it’s hardly the case. As it’s far too much character based.

Hence, focus on the player.
More account bound, less soul bound.
More choice, less restrictions.

Though to be honest, my whole herd of alt’s are Norn’s. The true master race Mostly do to not tolerating the other races/gender’s run cycles and clipping.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: gooseman.6182

gooseman.6182

I’m patiently waiting for this feature, I’m dying to change my Sylvari guardian to a Norn. I’ve been waiting since I hit level 50 and I’ve had this toon for a year.

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: CattivoUomo.7198

CattivoUomo.7198

First of all the personal story really is not that big not like I thought it would be you start out doing a few things but it has no real personal touch to it and it ends with not even you (the player) being the hero. But here is an idea when you do a race change it clears it all up and gives you the options after you choose the race and details that go with that race. What it could do is run you through the options you would of been asked if u chose that race when you started the game this way (even tho it does not really have a real impact on the game u still have your personal story even if u change your race.

It’s not the impact the story has on the end game nor the quality of the story. Rerolling the race has an impact on how much you’re playing the game and how much you are being involved with the economy as you level up your character and buy, make new armor for that character, as well as your overall participation in the world itself. Imagine, if you will, the game had zero level ups such that all new characters are created at max level, max armor, max weapons, and so on. Nothing much to do then except maybe PvP, SPvP, or WvW, and even then that would eliminate the need for 99% of the game (aka PvE).

Rerolling a character’s race simply allows one character to be brought up to max one time, and then there is little to no replay value. And even if, as you say, you wipe out the story and achievements on a reroll and chose to go through the story again, it wouldn’t be the same as you are now more powerful than the story mode is designed to be, so you just breeze through it without really having to do very much or have very much of a challenge. I’m not saying the story is great nor super difficult, but it is very different when you have to start at level 1 and work your way through it.

As one poster put it, he bragged about having leveled and done the story mode on several characters, and seemed to be proud of that calling himself a GW2 veteran. There’s nothing brag worthy about leveling/maxing 1 character and then race changing as you please. And as I alluded to, once players get a race reroll option, they’ll ask for a class reroll option next. Why? Because it’s clear that many players are too lazy to actually work for their goals. If you wanted all Sylvari at the beginning and now want humans, either delete a character and start over, or buy another slot and start a new character. It may not excite you, but not all goals in this game or in life are exciting, and if you want to reach them you have to put in some effort.

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Phoenixtwolf.9213

Phoenixtwolf.9213

First of all the personal story really is not that big not like I thought it would be you start out doing a few things but it has no real personal touch to it and it ends with not even you (the player) being the hero. But here is an idea when you do a race change it clears it all up and gives you the options after you choose the race and details that go with that race. What it could do is run you through the options you would of been asked if u chose that race when you started the game this way (even tho it does not really have a real impact on the game u still have your personal story even if u change your race.

It’s not the impact the story has on the end game nor the quality of the story. Rerolling the race has an impact on how much you’re playing the game and how much you are being involved with the economy as you level up your character and buy, make new armor for that character, as well as your overall participation in the world itself. Imagine, if you will, the game had zero level ups such that all new characters are created at max level, max armor, max weapons, and so on. Nothing much to do then except maybe PvP, SPvP, or WvW, and even then that would eliminate the need for 99% of the game (aka PvE).

Rerolling a character’s race simply allows one character to be brought up to max one time, and then there is little to no replay value. And even if, as you say, you wipe out the story and achievements on a reroll and chose to go through the story again, it wouldn’t be the same as you are now more powerful than the story mode is designed to be, so you just breeze through it without really having to do very much or have very much of a challenge. I’m not saying the story is great nor super difficult, but it is very different when you have to start at level 1 and work your way through it.

As one poster put it, he bragged about having leveled and done the story mode on several characters, and seemed to be proud of that calling himself a GW2 veteran. There’s nothing brag worthy about leveling/maxing 1 character and then race changing as you please. And as I alluded to, once players get a race reroll option, they’ll ask for a class reroll option next. Why? Because it’s clear that many players are too lazy to actually work for their goals. If you wanted all Sylvari at the beginning and now want humans, either delete a character and start over, or buy another slot and start a new character. It may not excite you, but not all goals in this game or in life are exciting, and if you want to reach them you have to put in some effort.

OK so what is the difference from making a gender change then race change (other then not having a different story line) and they give gender change so your point about it messing up the economy would be no different then it would in a gender change Actually it would be less economy damage because think of this if i had a Norn that i wanted to turn human and i had the Norn cultural armor
i would then be with out armor and have to buy some more armor where as gender change i would not have to worry about it. Also think of this even if we could change race Professions people would want to have more then 1 toon to play with so they still would have servile toons so the idea it messing up the Economy is not so. In fact it would help it because people would want to buy the gems to get the race change.

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

I don’t want race reroll.What i want is Race change.But Anet said it will be to much work for them…

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zanthrax.6538

Zanthrax.6538

Reset personal story…wala done.

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: x Charlie.4820

x Charlie.4820

I’ve already re-rolled 4 of my 80s, slyvari thief -> human, Human mes -> asura -> human (mad i know) and recently Asura gaurd -> Human.

I’d still like to change my other 80s but i’m not willing to go through the leveling process again, would happily buy a kit though, most of my guildys have re-rolled/want to reroll too tbh.

Chazwyne, Necromancer <3
Smallscale <3 Vabbi
The Original Dudes [to]

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: DeeckarN.4392

DeeckarN.4392

Add it i want it!

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yamirashi.6430

Yamirashi.6430

I recently re-rolled an Asura guard to Human. Its not terrible if you don’t have like a legendary or full map completion or anything like that.

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: CattivoUomo.7198

CattivoUomo.7198

OK so what is the difference from making a gender change then race change (other then not having a different story line) and they give gender change so your point about it messing up the economy would be no different then it would in a gender change Actually it would be less economy damage because think of this if i had a Norn that i wanted to turn human and i had the Norn cultural armor
i would then be with out armor and have to buy some more armor where as gender change i would not have to worry about it. Also think of this even if we could change race Professions people would want to have more then 1 toon to play with so they still would have servile toons so the idea it messing up the Economy is not so. In fact it would help it because people would want to buy the gems to get the race change.

Never said I even agreed with the gender change option, although lopping off a Sylvari male’s twig to graft on a flower bud of a female seems more plausible than changing the genetic makeup of one species to become another species; all puns intended. But you hit right on it: there is a difference in that you don’t have a separate storyline, nor achievements, nor skills that are gender based, no matter how insignificant you think they are. If you want to complete all that with different races, then play the game as it was intended and not ask for shortcuts just because you’re either unable or unwilling to work just a little to do that. Anything worth attaining is worth taking the time and effort to achieve on your own. So if you want 5 maxed everything characters for each race, go out and get it. And that’s really what the race reroll argument is for; to save yourself from actually having to do anything or very much to achieve something.

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: daltonsgk.1645

daltonsgk.1645

I have been wanting this forever. Made an asura, got to 80, and i just dont like the way armor and whatnot looks on him. Thought about rerolling and whatnot, but its just such a waste of time. As for the points about it messing with your backstory, they could just include a “Formerly known as” type of thing, and essentially keep your original player story. it’s not like there’s points in the games after finishing personal story that actually involve your personal story. so changing races really wouldn’t have an effect on it.

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eodwen.2613

Eodwen.2613

What is important here is what the majority wants tbh. If the majority wants this then the people who dont want this should just accept it imo. Besides nobody forces you to use it if you dont feel right about it. There are many ways to work around the lore perosnal story barrier imo. For example they can add a personal story optional step that involves some asura technology stuff to jutify it instead of just reseting your personal story. Lastly i dont accept the “too much work for the devs” argument as valid especially as i have never seen them admitting it.

Edit: i see alot of arguments about the race change not being possible or opinions from people that would not choose to change race but very few justifying why it shouldnt be an option. I ll have to assume that most people are afraid to admit that it wouldnt hurt to have that option available to them and are justifying it by saying they dont want to change race. The real argument would be the fear it would hurt lore/roleplay. So it all gets down to “I do not want the option to change race because it would affect my roleplay” and " since i dont want to change race cause im happy with my choise i dont care what other people want and i dont want them to have the option to change race either". This sounds pretty selfish to me.

(edited by Eodwen.2613)

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

You’re arguments sound fanatical and point out why others shouldn’t be allowed to play how they want but doesn’t go into how the addition of the feature would personally affect your playing….not really sure players should dictate how other players should play.

an item that changes a toons species (within context of the game, they aren’t races no matter how often that term is used) isn’t creating a new toon like your argument states, it’s altering an existing toon. That toon already went through the leveling process and already had it’s impact on the economy, just because it’s personal story is reset DOES NOT remove the impact it ALREADY had on the economy.

The assumption you’re making is everyones doing their personal story, of my multiple lvl 80’s only 1 has done their personal story past lvl 10. The fact all personal stories merge and ultimately have little impact resulted in my not doing them. It’s not like even now a player can skip the personal story and do it all at one go with max gear, no one has to “start at level 1 and work your way through it” it’s not a requirement to leveling.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Support… I cant be asked to start over and throw all of my hard earned, expensive equipment down the drain! Plz lemme change my race ANet

Who is asking you to throw it away…..make a new character and your old one is still fully intact and playable.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: regolith.6902

regolith.6902

I would love for a race re-roll, I for one have little care about the personal story, I actually think that losing the racial armors would be worse. I just hope it will happen.

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

As interesting as this could be, there are probably a lot of things that could bug or mess up from this.

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Revlack.9780

Revlack.9780

We need race change

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: The Eternal Grace.3157

The Eternal Grace.3157

So I’ve got a level 80 Human Guardian, and I’ve been playing around with alts only to discover that what I really want to do is re-start my game as a Sylvari Guardian. Am I crazy? Has anyone else done this? To be perfectly honest, if there was a cash shop item to keep my level but wipe my race, I’d use it, even if it wiped my personal story.

I got my asura mesmer to level 80…then decided to go for Twilight. So I was essentially forced to restart my character as a human mesmer unless I wanted Twilight to be a black and red toothpick.

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: MrIllusion.5304

MrIllusion.5304

Race change is “kinda” consistent with existing lore.

“They believe that all beings are fated to come back again and again, but each time reborn as members of the same race—a sort of spiritual purity maintained throughout reincarnations. Humans come back as humans, charr return as charr, kodan come back as kodan. Only when you are greatly enlightened do you “advance,” and are reincarnated as a member of the next race in the balance." —The Wisdom and Power of the Kodan

I guess we can’t racechange because WE ARE NOT WORTHY.

Race reroll?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Moeh.7035

Moeh.7035

Dear Dev’s there’s a lot speculation about the effort and the outcome here..
I think we all would be very pleased to hear it from you:
1) Is it possible?
2) Is it doable without too much effort?
3) Could you think about making it?

The want in the community is clearly there. And as already mentioned a minority of players browses the forums so there are supposingly even more ingame-only players that would also love to give a character a second chance.

Best regards

Céldin | Asura Ranger | Rookie Crew [RC][Kodash-EU]