Racial Skills

Racial Skills

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

I’m aware that the current state of Racial Skills is to make them greatly underpowered so Class skills will be favored over them. I can see the logic behind this, but I’d still like to see SOME use out of these unique skills every so often.

What I don’t want to see is “Every guardian should be a norn because of x skill” or such, but I feel there’s still a nice happy medium between that, and the current state of racial skills.

Currently, most of them go like this:
Hounds of Balthazzar: 30 second duration, 240 CD, 12.5% Uptime
Charzooka: 20 seconds(?), 180 CD, 11% Uptime
Golems: 40 seconds, 180 CD, 22% Uptime

I’ve never seen a Char use a Charzooka, or a Human summon up a Hound or use Grenth. Everyone once in a blue moon I see a Norn transform into a Bear, but it’s mostly just to charge away from a fight in hilarious fashion.

I’m proposing that these Elite skills, that see so little use, get a drastic cooldown reduction, so they might see a bit more play in PvE and WvW

(edited by Dand.8231)

Racial Skills

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

They’re actually all really strong, just overlooked.

As an Asura Mesmer, I can say that I enjoy using Golem 7 occasionally, but I much prefer Golem D for the 3x Shield of Avenger (yes, it will blow a Shield of Absorption up to 3 times during it’s lifespan), in addition to doing damage and tanking pretty well.