Racial Skins for Necro minions and Engineer Turrets

in Suggestions

Posted by: PacketBurner.6972

PacketBurner.6972

The game is absolutely lovely and really enjoying it but i am coming up against something i would be willing to ’cash out’ some gems for, which shouldn’t cost the developers greatly in effort or resource.

The flesh golem and bone minions of a sylvari character would appear astethically much more in line with the design of the race if they were plant orientated. Likewise the infinitely wise, interllectual guieniesses the asura are would never been seen dead with the same model of turret as a charr!

I apreciate these would have to be sold on a one by one basis and could be quite lucrative given the altaholics would buy up all the various "skins" for turrets and minions etc. Moreover the transmutation of turret skins would be something you could theme inline with event based skins etc, but please not gated behind levels like other mmo’s have done.

I forsee some problems as turrets and minons are outside of the transmutation system that you (anet) use for transfering skins, making reskinning possibly an issue. Hopefully this is something other would like also

Kind regards
See you in Tyria

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

This would be actually something quite nice.

The Gem Store could have a a series of alternate skills that can be equipped instead the originals, but not along them, that give racial touches to the professions, but can’t be used in sPvP.

I always found kind of strange how asura turrets look the same as other race’s instead like other asura devices and structures.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yellow Beard Hellfist.2940

Yellow Beard Hellfist.2940

I can see this as a good thing as well and would buy this

in Suggestions

Posted by: PacketBurner.6972

PacketBurner.6972

I found a thread talking about this for the engineer, not being asura enough (great minds think alike obviously) which i missed before posting

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/races/asura/Asuran-engineers-do-not-feel-Asuran

but i would like to expand this to all classes’ pets and turrets, culturally speaking. No stats need changes, and likewise i would expect this to be only visual.

Nice to see other agree, apologises to Scienta who’s post is very similar
:)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Coltz.5617

Coltz.5617

I would agree to this but each race should automatically have different skins. It is only if you want a preferred skin from another race you can get it from the gem store.

- I infract cause I’m passionate about the game-
“ALL IS VAIN”
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboar/page/6#post3486969

in Suggestions

Posted by: MadDemon.7548

MadDemon.7548

I hear ya, but only for the engineer turret skins stuff.

As for the necromancers, well I don’t think it would really fit, mainly because I think the name is a bit of a misnomer. The necromancers you play as don’t actually summon the undead like true necromancers (or worshipers of Zhaitan). The creatures you summon seem more like they would be from the Realm of Torment, meaning it is reasonable for all of them to look alike despite their master’s race.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lillium.6481

Lillium.6481

I wouldn’t want these to actually be different skills, just reskins of existing models, but I’d shell out ~$5 for my Charr to make charr-appropriate turrets (you know, big clunky iron behemoths, not something he could squish in one paw).
If they were really cool, I’d shell out another ~$5 for my asuran to make racially appropriate necro minions. I’m not sure how you’d make asuran minions (they’re really pretty good as is), but Anet has creative people.
Now, I know my boyfriend would shell out ~$5 for some glyphic-like turrets for his asuran engineer.

@MadDemon; The necro minions are constructs more than summons, if the necro class is still like it was in GW1. They take flesh and bone from something dead and magically reassemble it into a shambling mass with no soul, memory, will, etc. Much more humane than raising up a whole body.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

Yes please! I’m not sure I’d want to pay for them but the asura turrets need to look asuran not charr.