Raise Server Population Cap

in Suggestions

Posted by: vince.5937

vince.5937

Just what the title says. 60% of the servers on the NA circuit list as Full. The remaining 40% are at Very High.

vince.5937 — Tarnished Coast — Les Saintes
R.I.P. City of Heroes, 2004-2012
Long Live Atlas Park 33

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lydia.6873

Lydia.6873

Yes. What annoys me most about this is that my friend wants to play on my server, but can’t. I won’t transfer off because I have a lot of friends here and it’s the only option for RP. This really annoys me, because we’ll never get to play together.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

As much as it seems like it would be a good thing, raising the server populations now would be devastating to the less populated servers – where numbers are already becoming an issue. New players and transfers need to be directed where the numbers are needed for the health of the game, not to areas where they will just widen the gap between haves and have-nots.

The game provides an easy way for guilds to play together if they would do it – choose a less populated server and move the guild there. Not only would it allow people to play together, it would support servers that actually need the numbers.

I could see the argument having weight if all servers were full, but that isn’t the case.

in Suggestions

Posted by: WeWantWaffles.2873

WeWantWaffles.2873

Numbers are always an issue. There are so many empty areas, including the ones where you -really- need a group (straits of devastation).. The way I experience the game: Queensdale is populated, Kessex as well (but less). Everything else is generally low, or even close to empty (like dredgehaunt).

in Suggestions

vince.5937

As much as it seems like it would be a good thing, raising the server populations now would be devastating to the less populated servers – where numbers are already becoming an issue. New players and transfers need to be directed where the numbers are needed for the health of the game, not to areas where they will just widen the gap between haves and have-nots.

The game provides an easy way for guilds to play together if they would do it – choose a less populated server and move the guild there. Not only would it allow people to play together, it would support servers that actually need the numbers.

I could see the argument having weight if all servers were full, but that isn’t the case.

Except despite populations of zones being low, servers are listing as full. Seriously, go look at the NA server list. Only 9 of them are open, and they’re listed as Very High. The argument does have weight considering that Yak’s Bend has kitten near empty zones from 20-70, yet comes up as Full on the server list.

Long Live Atlas Park 33

in Suggestions

Blaeys.3102

Except despite populations of zones being low, servers are listing as full. Seriously, go look at the NA server list. Only 9 of them are open, and they’re listed as Very High. The argument does have weight considering that Yak’s Bend has kitten near empty zones from 20-70, yet comes up as Full on the server list.

But they are listed as open – not full. Players looking to play together have options.

Until they are all full, it is in the best interest of the game’s future to encourage population spread.

in Suggestions

vince.5937

But they are listed as open – not full. Players looking to play together have options.

Until they are all full, it is in the best interest of the game’s future to encourage population spread.

Yes. They are ‘open.’ But when only 9 of the current NA servers are open and the remainder are full, it’s time to bump the server population cap. There’s no reason to keep them capped at what they are.

Long Live Atlas Park 33

in Suggestions

Blaeys.3102

Yes. They are ‘open.’ But when only 9 of the current NA servers are open and the remainder are full, it’s time to bump the server population cap. There’s no reason to keep them capped at what they are.

There is a very clear reason. We need new players on the servers with the lower populations, not on the ones that are fuller. Otherwise, you widen the gap between those who have other people to play alongside and those who do not (vibrant vs “dead” servers). This significantly hurts the game experience for a percentage of players.

It is in everyone’s best interest to do everything possible to keep that from happening – to ensure the long term health of the game and better competitiveness in WvW.

I know everyone wants to play on a vibrant server. The way to make sure that happens for EVERYONE is to spread the distribution of players across as many servers as possible. Nine open servers is a lot. It gives people plenty of options.

Raising the cap at this time would cause more harm than good, especially to the people on those nine servers – alot more harm.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lydia.6873

Lydia.6873

Tell me another North American RP server and I’ll transfer there. As of now, Tarnished Coast is the only option for people looking for RP. Considering that I have a lot of friends on this server and there are NO RPERS on other servers (because there are no ‘server types’), this is quite obnoxious.
The only reason my friend joined was to rp on our server.
Your servers need a population increase if you want to them to actually grow, seeing as how nobody can join if it’s listed as full.

in Suggestions

vince.5937

Down to 7 NA servers that can be used. The remainder are full. What happens when we get to 5? 3? None?

How exactly does this hurt the not-Full servers? Please explain, especially since most of the ‘Full’ servers are dead outside of LA, Orr, WvW and Frostgorge.

Long Live Atlas Park 33

in Suggestions

Posted by: AkumoAko.2063

AkumoAko.2063

The American Servers are all full but a few, and the guesting system is not working. So I guess this goes without saying, but why would I invite my friends and family to buy the game, if they can NEVER join me?

I bought the game for my daughter, only to find that when she plays, she will have no hope of joining me, just because I was one of the lucky ones to get in at the start.

So how do we fix this?