Random maps please.

Random maps please.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Andrew.4576

Andrew.4576

Why aren’t the maps for the 1v1 team tournaments random for each match? It’s frustrating playing the same map over and over. Plus many teams make their comps just built for one map. Pretty lame way to play I think. I remember the devs talking about how easy it is for them to just change a new map each week. Any reason why maps aren’t on a random rotation for each match? I feel like this small change would improve sPvP a lot.

Random maps please.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

Development for a random map generator is too hard. Our sPvP dev team of 2 members are busy doing other important things like building a broken solo v premades system.

Random maps please.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oni.5429

Oni.5429

There are atari games with random map generators.

What I’m trying to say is; don’t expect arenanet to code something so difficult anytime the coming 6 months.

You might get a blog post in the future where they mention that they want a random map generator, though.

Crs Helseth, Mesmer for Team Curse

Random maps please.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

Unless your idea of “Random maps” is alternating between Spirit Watch and Temple, then no. Nobody wants the other maps.

Random maps please.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dsquaredcri.9421

Dsquaredcri.9421

I support this thread. That’s so imba not having random 1on1 map.

If devs would listen to players, their game would just have been the best mmo of the recent years

Dsquaredcri, necro for Rush team

Random maps please.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zinwrath.2049

Zinwrath.2049

Unless your idea of “Random maps” is alternating between Spirit Watch and Temple, then no. Nobody wants the other maps.

Kinda agree with this. I think the design philosophy for creating maps took a major turn for the better at Temple. Though spirit watch (despite looking gorgeous and in some ways very innovative) is having MAJOR balance concerns between abilities and professions. Some things people can do with the orb make the map very unfun for others. However it just came out, and i’m sure additional changes are in order.

But yea, i would not want to randomly get capricorn. Or randomly get that boring map with the guild lords either. Those two maps made me beleive the map making team done lost their marbles. Original two maps are somewhat solid….but personally feel kinda boring after Temple which i feel atm is the best designed map.

But to the OP concern. Its not random so you CAN build your team and spec to enhance your odds of winning. It would be lame to que up with a spec that would be good at running orbs only to get Kylo. While i agree it might wanna change more often than once a week. (which there is arguement to say why it shouldnt). I could never see it doing random, and god help me if theres a week of capricorn, i will just play something else.