Ranger Rare Pets

Ranger Rare Pets

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lutharr.1035

Lutharr.1035

I was discussing with a guildie about rangers and said its one class that really dont appeal. And while it is a shallow reason its a reason non the less. My issue with them is that they all run around with genric run of the mill pets. They all look alike. its boring.

Now in wow there were rare pets hunters would track down and kill so they would have a pet they liked the look of by their side. I think GW2 could definatly use such a system for their rangers. They would have the same stats as any other pet, but they look different and maybe have a few different animations.

War beasts and rock dogs look insanely cool yet nother can be pets. Thats mental.

So anyways thats my suggestion. Give more rare vanity pets for rangers

Go back to WoW. Most overused brainless arguement 2012-2013

Ranger Rare Pets

in Suggestions

Lutharr.1035

i guess i was alone in this wish then

Ranger Rare Pets

in Suggestions

Posted by: DocKnoc.8401

DocKnoc.8401

A larger variety of pets would not appeal to me very much, as I am satisfied with the pets and their abilities currently. However, ArenaNet has implemented a new drake pet with their introduction of the Southsun Cove area. While this may seem like a small step, it is an expansion of our pet base and hopefully we can look forward to even more in the near future.

As for “a class that really don’t appeal”, you might want to try other builds than what you’re running. Rangers have the ability to create Fire, Ice, Water, Poison, and Ethereal combo fields which they can use to create countless combos using both their own Finishers as well as their pets Finishers.

- Mursi X

Ranger Rare Pets

in Suggestions

Lutharr.1035

they dont need to create more classes of pets etc. They could copy paste current pets abilites to em. its more about variation on their looks. Like use collecting armour sets just to look different

Ranger Rare Pets

in Suggestions

Posted by: DocKnoc.8401

DocKnoc.8401

…so you’re saying the reason the entire profession doesn’t appeal to you is because of the variation of looks available to pets? And that if they add more variation to looks… you’d find the profession more appealing?

- Mursi X

Ranger Rare Pets

in Suggestions

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I would love to have more pets to find. At least appearance wise. It was a fun hunt to find them and I wish I had some more to find. Some rare and hard to get.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Ranger Rare Pets

in Suggestions

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

There should be legendary pets, so rangers can work towards something rare.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Ranger Rare Pets

in Suggestions

Posted by: Panther Chameleon.8465

Panther Chameleon.8465

They could delete every pet except the jaguar and I’d be happy. I love the skills that pigs give you, but it’s just too tedious to seriously use. Just thinking about how many mystical animals there are in pve, and how NONE of them are available to use in pvp or tame for that matter is a disgrace to the game. What the hell were the devs thinking?

“Hey, Joe!”

“What’s up, Billy?”

“Do you think Rangers would like the skelk with invisibiliy, the raptor with a knockdown, or a foraging pig?”

“Billy, I’m an old fashion guy. Let’s go with the pig. Wait, my little boy loves Raptors…Nah kitten that give em the pig.”

“Hey, Joe!”

“What’s up, Billy?”

“Nobody likes the pets we gave them! Something about the drakes can’t land any skills?”

“I got it, Billy. Let’s make a new drake for the patch where we nerf the Ranger more.”

(together) “HAR HAR HAR”

" I like to let people talk who like to talk. It makes it

Ranger Rare Pets

in Suggestions

Lutharr.1035

…so you’re saying the reason the entire profession doesn’t appeal to you is because of the variation of looks available to pets? And that if they add more variation to looks… you’d find the profession more appealing?

yup

I like to play toons that look cool. Probably why I always lean towards plated characters.

Ranger Rare Pets

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sceye.5836

Sceye.5836

I have a pig.
Your argument is invalid.

Ranger Rare Pets

in Suggestions

Posted by: dolphinpony.9253

dolphinpony.9253

i am rezing this thread because i googled “rare gw2 hunter pets” and this came up and i needs to be discussed further imo,
i just quit wow and have opened my horizons. I was hunter in wow. A solid one, i had many classes but hunter was my main. My favorite. I am playing a ranger because it is the closest to the hunter. I am liking the variety of the skills and gameplay more, I am! I miss the hunting of pets though. That small feature allowed sort of a hunter “community” in which hunters got to train a super rare spirit beast and go into town and show it off. It was part of the class. Now.. i QUIT wow, I don’t want to play a wow clone. This game is great so far and it is very different from wow and that is why I am enjoying it. This is just one feature that is offered that kept me returning. hunters had an entire new “endgame” each patch because new rares were put out. It opens a whole new feature that the ranger class is lacking.

Thank you

Ranger Rare Pets

in Suggestions

Posted by: bluestocking.6148

bluestocking.6148

I do miss the interesting looking pets you could get in WoW. I loved my green-orange striped tiger (think He-Man’s pet). And the day I managed to snare the giant purple spider that would instakill you if you got too close, with the help of half a dozen guildmembers distracting it for me.

Here I mostly don’t like the look of pets that I like the skills of, and vice versa. And I do kind of miss the challenge of searching out those rare skins.

I am destruction itself. I also bake cookies.

Ranger Rare Pets

in Suggestions

Posted by: wauwi.9162

wauwi.9162

dyes for pets.

pink bears everywhere!

but seriously, there are enough pets and instead of making new one’s, you rather want to make pets actually useful in the first place. they work just fine in solo-PvE, but fail everywhere else.

[EU/GER]Elona’s Reach: Aerrith: Lv80 Ranger / Sephirra: Lv80 Mesmer
“Only the finest of potatoes in my zerkburgers.”

Ranger Rare Pets

in Suggestions

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I don’t think “rare” pets are nessicary. The pets look perfectly fine as-is, they’re animals and they look like animals, works for me. I don’t need giant fiery death wolves or whatever.

I would like more pets in general, though. There are tons of creatures in the game that have no pet equivalent. Animations and models are there, a rough skillset is there, I don’t see it being too difficult to add some new pets using existing creatures to give more variety. In over a year since launch there’s been one new pet (and even that new pet was added almost a year ago, and was just a different model of an existing pet family rather than a new family), that’s not a very good rate for adding new pets. Give me Wind Riders and Skale!

Ranger Rare Pets

in Suggestions

Posted by: White.9523

White.9523

I want to be able to buy cosmetic gear for my pets

Ranger Rare Pets

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

lutharr! I agree with u… I would like to have both new classes of pets (such as griffons, rockdogs, bats, raptors etc), and new looks/skins/animations for existing ones.

One of the reasons why I dont use certain (read many) pets is that they simply look boring…:(

There could be Beautiful, cool, fearsome ones…:P

Kima & Co

Ranger Rare Pets

in Suggestions

Posted by: Moshari.8570

Moshari.8570

It would be fun to have both new pets…or dyes for my existing pets! I want a hot-pink polar bear! Or a Chartruse spider!

Ranger Rare Pets

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deer.1504

Deer.1504

I don’t play a ranger but I have a parent who does, and she loves this game & her ranger. Whenever we discuss game content, she almost always points out that she’d love the thrill of tracking down a cosmetically rare pet and having more pets to hunt for in general.

I definitely think that this should be considered in the future by ArenaNet to liven things up for the rangers and would provide much fun for them. This game puts so much emphasis on cosmetics and the ranger’s pet shouldn’t be left behind in this.

Ranger Rare Pets

in Suggestions

Posted by: Golgathoth.3967

Golgathoth.3967

I will admit I’ve always been a bit sad that there are no rare pets in this game. I played a “certain other game” for years, and I may have a tiiiiny hoarding mentality with the pets there. I think I literally have about 50 pets in that game. >.>

What with my love of pet collecting, the rare pets in that game were the next logical personal goal. I would wait in stealth for hours in one spot, hoping for my target to appear at any second. Seeing the pet in question suddenly appear and then taming it, heart pounding, was easy to get addicted to! In fact, I became very good at hunting rares in general. Major, major hobby. I miss it.

Sylvari: 7 Humans: 3 Charr: 2 Norn: 1 Asura: 0
“Tarnished Coast” since head start!

Ranger Rare Pets

in Suggestions

Posted by: jsduke.6537

jsduke.6537

This came up a few times in the “Gem Store wish-list” thread a while back. Don’t remember what came of that thread, but several players mentioned new “pet skins” and “pet dyes”.

For what you are talking about, new pet “skins” would probably be the way to go, and they will almost certainly end up in the Gem Store at some point.

Ranger Rare Pets

in Suggestions

Posted by: bluestocking.6148

bluestocking.6148

I will admit I’ve always been a bit sad that there are no rare pets in this game. I played a “certain other game” for years, and I may have a tiiiiny hoarding mentality with the pets there. I think I literally have about 50 pets in that game. >.>

What with my love of pet collecting, the rare pets in that game were the next logical personal goal. I would wait in stealth for hours in one spot, hoping for my target to appear at any second. Seeing the pet in question suddenly appear and then taming it, heart pounding, was easy to get addicted to! In fact, I became very good at hunting rares in general. Major, major hobby. I miss it.

Haha are you me? I loved tracking them down. I had that add-on that would alert you when the rare you were tracking appeared, and hearing that alarm go off was such a shot of adrenaline! And once I had mine, helping someone else track down and tame their rare was the next best thing.

I can’t really articulate what it is, but the ranger pets just aren’t as interesting here. I don’t really feel attached to them, I guess. They don’t really seem to have personalities.

I am destruction itself. I also bake cookies.

Ranger Rare Pets

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yamagawa.5941

Yamagawa.5941

but seriously, there are enough pets and instead of making new one’s, you rather want to make pets actually useful in the first place. they work just fine in solo-PvE, but fail everywhere else.

I am guessing that you don’t play ranger in PvP or Dungeons or Zergs?

Pets are amazing, if you take the time to learn how to use them. They are your fear. Your blast finisher. Your might, your tank, your bonus heal, your snare.

My pets have saved more than one Balthazar run, and I know rangers who rely on them in WvW to good purpose.
Like any other tool, pets are useless until you take the time to learn what they can do.
//Portable a corpse