Re-obtainable skins from Gem Store

in Suggestions

Posted by: clocksword.6052

clocksword.6052

Enough is enough. I fail to see why players who purchase a skin from the Gem Store are not able to re-obtain the same skin an unlimited number of times. I have purchased a Magitech and Krytan set from the Gem Store before, and as of right now I only have one partial set due to an accidental salvage. The first time I accidentally salvaged a piece of my Krytan set I got fed up and just salvaged the entire set. Today I accidentally salvaged a piece of Magitech that I placed on a blue piece of armor. Unfortunately there is no system setup to confirm salvaging a gem store skin set, instead the game will happily allow you to salvage a set of armor you paid for explicitly with gems. To add further insult to injury I cannot re-obtain a full set, a logic which is beyond me.

In GW1 I explicitly remember being able to purchase an armor skin for $10 and re-obtaining it over and over again. It was a beautiful system. Why that system was scrapped for the current system in Guild Wars 2 defies rational. Especially considering you are spending the same amount for an armor skin in GW2 (800 gems = $10 with in-game gem purchase).

GW2 has been out for over a year now, and I know I am not the only person that experienced this issue. GW2 requires a way in which to recover skins you purchase off the Gem Store. As it stands right now I have spent $20 on armor skins that I cannot recover, and my urge to purchase other armor skins is compounded with the fact that I may lose another armor skin on accident. Please fix this Anet.

in Suggestions

Posted by: cmud.5689

cmud.5689

It’s the fault of the community really….
Ask yourself, why are you purchasing skins, that are one-time use only? This only encourages A-Net to keep this concept alive because they receive the cash and their economical targets are being met. I can almost guarantee you that this will be not “fixed” as long as people keep purchasing them in the current state. Only a drop in sales will drive a change, not a forum post. I have never-ever spend money on a skin I would be not able to reuse, and I am not going to do so as long as this crappy system exists.

banished from time and space

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I guess it’s because of the transmutation stone system, which is why they are one time use skins rather than infinite use. If they were unlimited use, then less stones sold.

Not excusing it, just my theory. I badly miss the flexible Guild Wars 1 system. I bought every single costume they put in their store. In this game, I have bought one set of armor and zero town clothes. Not because I disliked what they had to sell, but because I dislike buying armor/costumes I can’t reacquire if deleted.

The only reason I bought the Krytan armor was because I am sick of the buttcapes that is most of the female medium armor and at least it has form fitting pants and a short jacket.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)