Real pvp missing! -pvp analyzed

Real pvp missing! -pvp analyzed

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kuro.9843

Kuro.9843

I enjoy the combat in gw2 but the pvp needs some serious improvement in order to be fun and competitive rather than be an annoying blood boiling experience.

WvW is dominated by “zerg” strategy, the more players the better and on a side note I am highly disappointed with my own server (Vabbi) to be matched up with a server many times its size (ring of fire) as the wvw has became completely useless and the whole big aspect of the game is gone due to being outnumbered 1:20 (people by now do not even try to go wvw, go figure) I can only imagine that many servers have the same issue too. With the benefits that go with wvw (level, karma and badges for gear even winning puzzle easily) this further deepens the gap between good and bad servers.

Also neither WvW nor sPvP allows for me to become better at the game and test out my own builds efficiently, in both the fight is reduced to either zerg or battles between 2-4 people as it is in spvp. I would love to see some sort of dueling system introduced, maybe within the mists with an option to use the spvp or your regular gear? I find that the only possible method of improving my combat skills, before I could at least stray off the regular path on WvW and find someone to duel, now due to wvw going terribly wrong it has became impossible.

Lastly, why not disable combat while in the puzzle on battle grounds? those puzzle give extremely good rewards when compared to other puzzle yet the fun is reduced to many people camping them and blocking access, many times do I find huge groups of people not even there for the loot any more but just to pick on someone.

(edited by Kuro.9843)