Really tired of other people's mobs

in Suggestions

Posted by: Voqar.2349

Voqar.2349

I’m really sick of people dragging a chain of mobs behind them and having those mobs end up on me when I’m otherwise not involved.

Two things:

-those mobs should not peel off of the person who aggroed them without a reason – like another player attacking, healing, doing SOMETHING other than just being near.

- you should NOT be able to gather from nodes while in combat – a large amount of the training is due to people tapping nodes and not bothering to fight. You can’t seriously get me to think that this game was designed so people could avoid fighting mobs that easily…while gathering. You get interrupted if you’re looting a chest and get hit…why is it any different for gathering? It’s expoitive.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Torqueblue.1945

Torqueblue.1945

well if you see somone out there dragging a champ to a group of people forgive me. i do that alot to the groups of players Whom i see as bots to watch them get wiped out. its funny,fun and i help deal with an issue on bots. i dont get credit for the event cause it never gets finished but i do enjoy killing bots with Champions. i know there bots cause
A) they dont PM and curse me out like some people i’ve accidently killed
B) who names themselves KJIOOEKA?

I personally don’t see anything wrong with gathering nodes while taking a few hits. sometimes i dont come out of it alive. I dont like fighting the mobs in Orr but im willing to take hits from them and sometimes i cant even gather the node cause of the pain in the butt moves that some of them do. rupting,stunning,excessive damage that forces me to retreat. so not all is fair when gathering nodes yo.

Scotch and Pills, what could possibly go wrong? – Max Payne

in Suggestions

Posted by: Skreech.7864

Skreech.7864

You know they are bots because of the after the fact reason above? You kill them and because they dont ascribe to your naming of a toon or curse you out for what you did they are bots?
There are bots yes, but because they don’t respond to your actions or use the same premise for a name that you do does not mean they are bots. If you did that to me i probably wouldn’t respond either, i’d just write you off as another self entitled gamer, take note of your name and leave you dead if i saw you again.
The absence of response could be language based..or could just be because you are a tool….did you say ‘sorry’ or oops or like anything…most people would assume you are just an illbred inconsiderate ahat otherwise…would you talk to you?
So in conclusion..most of the people you train are probably not bots (by any sane persons definition) because they refuse to respond to your actions does not conclude that they are bots merely that they have taste and decorum.
Sounds a lot like the ‘she must have been gay’ you probably use this also..

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thord.2017

Thord.2017

It seems to happen more in some areas than others. Personally I don’t mind at all if the player who sends the mobs my way is running for his/her life but just running for no reason other than to complete map, get to a node or whatever is annoying.

Of course it is a game but if you think about it if a group of wolves was chasing someone else and that person managed to escape you would be attacked by the wolves on their way back to the den or whatever.

Gathering while being attacked. I have done it, started to gather then been attacked. Mostly I have finished the gathering before killing the mob. I think it should be up to the player whether or not it is worth the risk.

Warrior level 80, Guardian level 80, Ranger level 80, Thief level 80, Elementalist level 60

Server: Gunnars Hold [EU]

in Suggestions

Posted by: El Hefe.2814

El Hefe.2814

i am also sick of people dragging mobs to my character.

i like the idea of no mining/gathering when in combat. let them handle the mobs they agro’d themselves.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

this happen a lot today. No one even fight anything. They just run to find candy.
I had an asura hide right next to me with about 10 monsters following him while I was killing a veteran in orr.

I saw him do it to someone else too later. I tried to help that person but we got overwhelmed by monster also respawning and died.

those are the joy of mmo.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kirito.3591

Kirito.3591

this happen a lot today. No one even fight anything. They just run to find candy.
I had an asura hide right next to me with about 10 monsters following him while I was killing a veteran in orr.

I saw him do it to someone else too later. I tried to help that person but we got overwhelmed by monster also respawning and died.

those are the joy of mmo.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/354/479/b6c.jpg
or if you prefer the classics…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efHCdKb5UWc

in Suggestions

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

They should be yelling “Train to zone!”

Yeah, it’s a little rude. The other thing I’ve seen is people waiting and running behind you if there’s a crowded bit of mobs, like I’m their personal fullback for blocking. It’s the way of the world, everyone sees themselves as a privileged quarterback.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cyrus.8261

Cyrus.8261

Getting anywhere is a pain in some zones, you’d take forever if you stopped to fight every mob. That said, I do try to detour around other players if I’m dragging mobs behind me and never run through them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Focksbot.6798

Focksbot.6798

God, if they stopped you gathering nodes whilst in combat I would throw up my arms. Enemies constantly spawn on top of me while I’m gathering. There are flat out too many in the game – it’s non-stop dot-to-dot slaughter whatever you’re doing. What I wouldn’t give for a ‘creep’ mode than let you avoid most encounters entirely, so I could pick when to fight based on whether or not it’s fun for me at the time.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cod Eye.1632

Cod Eye.1632

Good job some of you guys never played FFXI.

“Hey I swung a sword, Hey Hey I swung a sword again,”

“After several hours I’m still swinging this sword with1 lodestone drop”

in Suggestions

Posted by: helladoom.4317

helladoom.4317

“Personally I don’t mind at all if the player who sends the mobs my way is running for his/her life but just running for no reason other than to complete map, get to a node or whatever is annoying.”

The game gives more reward for completing a zone, for crafting or selling mats, than for killing a few mobs. It seems the mobs (outside of events, hearts etc) are there just to slow people down a bit.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nethril.7413

Nethril.7413

obviously never played everquest ….

Zyrith – Thief | Morden Krad – Guardian | Nethril – Warrior
[ACEN] Ascension | Tarnished Coast

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vanathi.3856

Vanathi.3856

I had some kitten do this during a DE yesterday. He deliberately agro’d every single ghost in the area and drug ‘em back to the event in char zone where you have to protect the dude setting up ghost killing hickydo. I was the only one doing the event. If I wasn’t 3/4th of the way through I would have run off and let him solo the mess he created.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sals.9534

Sals.9534

obviously never played everquest ….

They should be yelling “Train to zone!”

Yeah, it’s a little rude. The other thing I’ve seen is people waiting and running behind you if there’s a crowded bit of mobs, like I’m their personal fullback for blocking. It’s the way of the world, everyone sees themselves as a privileged quarterback.

It sucks but some have come to accept it, and can react when it happens. Gives the game a little more danger.

The way I see, free pulls, thanks!

Colegate / Selos Song Kaineng-DE Guild

in Suggestions

Posted by: vjek.4270

vjek.4270

I’m really sick of people dragging a chain of mobs behind them and having those mobs end up on me when I’m otherwise not involved.

Two things:

-those mobs should not peel off of the person who aggroed them without a reason – like another player attacking, healing, doing SOMETHING other than just being near.

- you should NOT be able to gather from nodes while in combat – a large amount of the training is due to people tapping nodes and not bothering to fight. You can’t seriously get me to think that this game was designed so people could avoid fighting mobs that easily…while gathering. You get interrupted if you’re looting a chest and get hit…why is it any different for gathering? It’s expoitive.

Fixed in many other MMO’s, and I completely agree. No reason to have it in GW2 except to permit griefing. It’s like they ignored all the lessons learned from everyone else since 1996 and expected that ignorance would help. It didn’t.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Two things:

If only it were as easy as you make it out to be. In Melchor’s Leap there are really painful places to gather that I don’t even bother with due to the mob density, and if I really want that node then I’ll just shadow refuge, relog (workaround since you’re oftentimes still in combat if they reset back to their original positions), and mine/log away. I’m not talking the area with the earth elemental veteran, which is manageable for prepared players, I mean farther west by the catapults.

in Suggestions

Posted by: RLD.7439

RLD.7439

Agreed. Obviously who ever allowed this into the game, never plays the game =\

“If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.” -CS

in Suggestions

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Anyone else want some Repel for these mobs?

You know, Pokemon style.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nethril.7413

Nethril.7413

This entire thread feels…. silly…. It’s a part of what makes this game challenging. I always found trains (and I was on the receiving side of MANY of them) in EQ to be entertaining, and I find the same things entertaining here (and yes, again, i’ve had quite a few).

The world isn’t safe. I guess next we’ll start seeing people complain about the world event bosses that can wipe out entire forts and kill players when they come near ….

Enjoy the challenge. Enjoy it isn’t always safe. Enjoy the unpredictability. Otherwise you’ll be given a box of bland boredom to live in (like WoW did).

Zyrith – Thief | Morden Krad – Guardian | Nethril – Warrior
[ACEN] Ascension | Tarnished Coast

in Suggestions

Posted by: Thord.2017

Thord.2017

Being swamped by 10 or so mobs at the same time is not a challenge it is certain death unless you are level 80 i a level 5 part of a map.

Gathering. I thought some more and interruption is logical. A small change in my opinion. Shouldn’t be too hard to implement, it already happens if you try to commune to get a SP before killing any mobs attacking you.

Warrior level 80, Guardian level 80, Ranger level 80, Thief level 80, Elementalist level 60

Server: Gunnars Hold [EU]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Redrumickey.9672

Redrumickey.9672

Train were one of the best thing in EQ ! ! ! Broke up all that down time well camping and was good for a laugh.

in Suggestions

Posted by: beren.6048

beren.6048

In Orr the monsters are so many that you are constantly on the run. If you stop to kill them you ll end up fighting more than you can handle and/or it will take you hours to reach your destination.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Goettel.4389

Goettel.4389

Hate this as well, which is a good thing – actual emotion whilst playing !
Ganking wasn’t any different: really, really loved hating that, and I do miss the constant threat in regular PvE. At least this is something for me to emo over…

Send an Asura who knows math. Problem solved.

in Suggestions

Posted by: bojangles.6912

bojangles.6912

Being able to gather while in combat is awesome and a huge plus. Too many people now-a-days love to steal your node. They see you attack the mob by the node and then will go in and take it while you fight. Happens way too often. This prevents that and I feel it is a good thing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: krojack.4920

krojack.4920

This is because of two things:

1. The excessively fast respawn rate for mobs. Stopping to kill them could be a never ending task. You’re best to just run through and ignore them.

2. The amount of mobs that are grouped up so close together. You pull one and 3 others come OR you’re a pet class and your pet pulls 5 extras. This along with #1 can really cause headaches and in my case rage. If you don’t get extra mobs, killing them one at a time ‘can’ take so long that the first ones will start re-spawning putting you in a never ending killing loop.

This can be fixed by either adjusting the respawn rate a little more or making it so mobs that someone else aggroed won’t attack you unless you do some type of damage to them.

80 Sylvari Ranger – Jade Quarry
» My current Guild Wars 2 game annoyances

in Suggestions

Posted by: Echo.7634

Echo.7634

Most of the time people are considerate enough to see that they brought their train down on you and will stop kill of at least slow them down so you can escape. I find very few people just keep running.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Debsylvania.7396

Debsylvania.7396

Being able to gather while in combat is awesome and a huge plus. Too many people now-a-days love to steal your node. They see you attack the mob by the node and then will go in and take it while you fight. Happens way too often. This prevents that and I feel it is a good thing.

There’s no node stealing in this game, so this point is moot. Mob trains don’t really bother me. Most of the time I see them coming and I can dodge the mess if I want to.

Deb ~The Chewbacca Defense [TCD];
Waiting For Death [WFD]
@ Borlis Pass Server

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cancer.9065

Cancer.9065

There’s no node stealing in this game, so this point is moot. Mob trains don’t really bother me. Most of the time I see them coming and I can dodge the mess if I want to.

He/she means that many take the opportunity of a distracted mob to gather and leave instead of helping out killing mobs. Happens in SP/vistas also.

Also happens IRL so kinda don’t think it should be changed from the current system some people are nice others are not, its the way things are.

Cancer is also a Zodiac sign.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Krosslite.1950

Krosslite.1950

I feel your pain. I have been trained a few times myself. What i find great about GW2 is that due to how they have made it more teaming friendly it hasn’t been often.
I can only remember 2 times that it was done on purpose. Each time they got a surprize. I lived and killed everything

Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or hold sacred

in Suggestions

Posted by: tasaunders.3746

tasaunders.3746

Train were one of the best thing in EQ ! ! ! Broke up all that down time well camping and was good for a laugh.

Some of the Holy Pony trains I could make in Mistmoor or Unrest were the stuff of legends. Having said that, trains are funny when you know they’re coming. They tend to be a lot less humorous when it’s some imbecile who doesn’t feel like being considerate and navigating their train around the unexpected.

If I see them coming and they look injured or trying to escape and not some self-entitled uber trying to get to the next karma farm, I’ll do what I can to help. I like wrecking trains. Both my elementalist and my necro are great at it. Don’t see it comng all the time though … don’t like that so much!

in Suggestions

Posted by: krojack.4920

krojack.4920

Most of the time people are considerate enough to see that they brought their train down on you and will stop kill of at least slow them down so you can escape. I find very few people just keep running.

I use to notice this but it seems to be dropping off. Just last night I didn’t have a single person that brought their train to me help, they just kept running as if I wasn’t even there.

80 Sylvari Ranger – Jade Quarry
» My current Guild Wars 2 game annoyances

in Suggestions

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

I had to laugh reading these posts. I usually run with guildies and they keep telling me to take the sandwich off my back. So apparently am a great aggro magnet but I do try not to take my collection to the unsuspecting.

However, when I am in a group I always tell them I am bringing friends to the party as I come through. Being a squishy type I never can succeed totally if overwhelmed with mobs but I do try.

My guild mates are great sports and sometimes will lead me into a group just to see the party run. heheheheh…ah well, each to his/her own trains as you call them.