Rebirth Signet

Rebirth Signet

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

With the introduction of the nerf to waypoints in dungeons, I would like to see everyone able to get this classic skill so rez’s can be done at a distance for every profession. Would not mind doing a major quest chain to unlock the skill. Thoughts anyone?

(edited by Gummy.4278)

Rebirth Signet

in Suggestions

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Have a look at this skills:

Signet of Undeath
Signet of Mercy
Battle Standard
Search and Rescue
Illusion of Life
Glyph of Renewal

Then refine your suggestion.

Rebirth Signet

in Suggestions

Gummy.4278

Which one of those skills rez’s an ally and moves them into a safe un aggroed state. Rebirth…would rez from a distance and the dead person would come to life at the rez’ers location.

Rebirth Signet

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pzycko.4302

Pzycko.4302

I say it would be too easy!

Rebirth Signet

in Suggestions

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

that would pretty much be the same as reverting the no wping while party in combat…

Rebirth Signet

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pzycko.4302

Pzycko.4302

Well, no not really?

Rebirth Signet

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

that would pretty much be the same as reverting the no wping while party in combat…

No it wouldn’t, not if you kept the long cd’s we have now on most rez skills. I put up a thread about this not long ago about needing the rez skills to have the ability to revive from dead (currently I think only 1 or 2 can do that), and considering the extremely long cd on these skills I don’t really see it as a revert to rez zerging, not to mention you now just put one of your utility slots out of play. Although when I posted this I got trolled endlessly, so get ready for the same no doubt.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Rebirth Signet

in Suggestions

Posted by: irrimn.3192

irrimn.3192

I put up a thread about this not long ago about needing the rez skills to have the ability to revive from dead (currently I think only 1 or 2 can do that (snipped)

I don’t think any skills in the game can rez from dead. I know all the ones listed can rez from DOWNED, but if you’re actually dead-dead the only thing that can rez you is waypointing or a player standing over you and rezzing you… at least, as far as I know.

Can anyone confirm/deny if there are any rez-from-dead skills in the game?

I also agree, that they should have a rez-from-dead skill in the game; even with an absurdly long CD (5 minutes?) — even if they made it an elite skill for ALL classes (like the mistfire world. :P) it’d be balanced and fair, and with that long of a cooldown + taking up your only elite skill slot, it would be balanced imho.

Rebirth Signet

in Suggestions

Gummy.4278

Have a look at this skills:

Signet of Undeath
Signet of Mercy
Battle Standard
Search and Rescue
Illusion of Life
Glyph of Renewal

Then refine your suggestion.

Btw, Understand what the OP is asking for, then refine your comment.

Rebirth Signet

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

So that the zerg may never die.

No thank you. Constant revives and resurrections are already ruining PvP and WvW. We don’t need to make it even easier to rezz people.

Rebirth Signet

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

I put up a thread about this not long ago about needing the rez skills to have the ability to revive from dead (currently I think only 1 or 2 can do that (snipped)

I don’t think any skills in the game can rez from dead. I know all the ones listed can rez from DOWNED, but if you’re actually dead-dead the only thing that can rez you is waypointing or a player standing over you and rezzing you… at least, as far as I know.

I also agree, that they should have a rez-from-dead skill in the game; even with an absurdly long CD (5 minutes?) — even if they made it an elite skill for ALL classes (like the mistfire world. :P) it’d be balanced and fair, and with that long of a cooldown + taking up your only elite skill slot, it would be balanced imho.

I know for a fact the ele rez skill can rez from dead, it might be the only one but I thought there was another. I know it works because I just did it last night, so unless they changed it since then, it can rez from dead.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Rebirth Signet

in Suggestions

Gummy.4278

So that the zerg may never die.

No thank you. Constant revives and resurrections are already ruining PvP and WvW. We don’t need to make it even easier to rezz people.

No what Zerg?….rebirth and rebirth signet is not a Battle Rez….you needed to stand flatfooted and it took like 3 (sig)to 5 (spell)seconds to cast. All it did was allow for the party to rez up and regroup without running back though the cleared area.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Rebirth
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Sunspear_Rebirth_Signet

Rebirth Signet

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I think it would be best, if every character would have the ability to ressurect once.

make a ressurect skill the basical “9th” skill of the skill bare, which hasn’t to be chosen out.
It would be basically just like in GW1 the very first skill a character owuld learn with getting Level 2 automatically.
A ressurection skill, that is for all classes and races the same.

With this being made, Anet does’t have to waste ressurection effects on utility skills like the above mentioned ones.
That would be 6 skills, which could be then exchanged for better more useful and interesting skills.

Just give simply every character this skill:

Signet of Ressurection
Passive: While in passive state, your Healing Power is increased by 20% and your Self Heal Skill recharges 20% faster
Active: You revive a dead character with 100% health, but all your skills get deactivated for 10 seconds, except your Self Heal, which will heal with the next time use 20% more HP, if its used while the Signet is still active.

Activation has a 3 second timer and after usage, the signet has a recharge time of 10 minutes or higher (if needed for balance)
For WvW and SPvP, the effects of that signet could work slightly different maybe out of balancign reasons …

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Rebirth Signet

in Suggestions

Gummy.4278

I don’t want SOR, I want to be able to pull a single person out of death from a distance and pull the person to my location so that they will be out of aggro when they rez….

Rebirth Signet

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

The shocking thing is one would think signet of undeath would be so nice to have so much of (like 3 necros in Arah) but no, in the end its either the necro wouldnt be paying attention to partys hp or use it when player is already dead thinking it is a resurrection skill and in some cases they arent even using it at all. Twice iv run arah with 3 necros (including myself) and twice the run fails.

Rebirth Signet

in Suggestions

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

I don’t want SOR, I want to be able to pull a single person out of death from a distance and pull the person to my location so that they will be out of aggro when they rez….

the closest you will get is this http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glyph_of_Renewal while in air attunement

Rebirth Signet

in Suggestions

Posted by: irrimn.3192

irrimn.3192

I know for a fact the ele rez skill can rez from dead, it might be the only one but I thought there was another. I know it works because I just did it last night, so unless they changed it since then, it can rez from dead.

Rez a player from dead? Wiki says downed only.

All rez skills can rez NPCs from “Dead” because “dead” for an NPC is equivalent to “downed” for a player (since NPCs don’t have a downed state and can’t rally but can never actually die either.)