Rebuilding The Lion Statue

in Suggestions

Posted by: konvay.2157

konvay.2157

I think it would be amazing to have NPCs reconstruct the lion’s statue over a month or two. It doesn’t even have to be real-time or anything. Every patch day could make minor advancements toward the statue and surrounding area being put back together and have construction gratings and such around it and engineer NPCs that just have one line quotes.

Have the water attraction be messed up so that it shoots the line of water incorrect and other minor details to show that it was once destroyed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: The LZ.7891

The LZ.7891

And the point of this would be?…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cinder.4865

Cinder.4865

Fun and immersion.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

I think something like this would be really cool! It will keep the reminder of the Mad King present even after the event is all over.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ratex.3297

ratex.3297

the idea is very good for sure, but I would not prioritize it above many fixes and upgrades
that we need at the moment!!
eg able to preview the items in the trading post seems more necessary, simple to make and
is a long-term upgrade ..
there are many more small details that added to the game will provide a better experience
but I think the team should focus on the long term rather than in small seasonal events ..

in Suggestions

Posted by: Stormlight.7568

Stormlight.7568

Yeah until Grenth blows it up again at Wintersday, hehe.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sialor.7396

Sialor.7396

the idea is very good for sure, but I would not prioritize it above many fixes and upgrades
that we need at the moment!!
eg able to preview the items in the trading post seems more necessary, simple to make and
is a long-term upgrade ..
there are many more small details that added to the game will provide a better experience
but I think the team should focus on the long term rather than in small seasonal events ..

There is more than one team you know

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bonzoso.7014

Bonzoso.7014

I’m always in favor of developers doing more of “the little things” that don’t necessarily affect the gameplay experience but can have a big impact on the believability of the game world and the sense of immersion in has on players. It’d be pretty cool to see the statue rebuilt over time rather than have everything on Nov. 5th be as if nothing ever happened.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vengus.1098

Vengus.1098

Lets go one step further and turn it into an event where the players have to build it up over time. :p

in Suggestions

Posted by: Verteiron.8734

Verteiron.8734

Hah, it could become a running gag.

Lion Statue is finally rebuilt: SMASHED by next holiday event! All the workers collectively facepalm…

in Suggestions

Posted by: konvay.2157

konvay.2157

Fun and immersion.

Mostly the immersion and living world world thing. To see something like the statue of Lion’s Arch get repaired because halloween would be a little bit disappointing to me, wouldn’t make me dislike Anet or anything, but it would still be a nice way to remember the effects of past events.

in Suggestions

Posted by: BowmasterSol.3457

BowmasterSol.3457

I could see this being part of a Thankgiving Day event. Everybody donating materials and helping to collectively rebuild the fountain.

Knowledge is power.