Recount Add-on

Recount Add-on

in Suggestions

Posted by: Barricade.3210

Barricade.3210

I would like to suggest having an in-game add-on that can show the work rate of each player in a party. In terms like dps, damage absorbed, heals and deaths. This way we can avoid being partied to players who simply press the (1) auto attack the whole fight, we can also classify players who try to work better on dungeon to those who simply sit and leech. In the long run this will encourage players to be more productive specially on dungeon parties.

Recount Add-on

in Suggestions

Barricade.3210

Is there nobody in this game concern about the progress of a player? It’s not always about achievements, titles and leveled toons. With this kind of meter we can help the community progress by becoming a better player the next time we enter dungeons.

Recount Add-on

in Suggestions

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

I think it’s a terrible idea, it just gives you an excuse to exclude individual players from your party, just because they may not be quite a “good” as you.

Everybody should get a chance to do dungeons no matter how bad they might be.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Recount Add-on

in Suggestions

Barricade.3210

It is not to exclude but to classify. This is to encourage the level of competition and of play itself. Others who cannot cope can group up together or ask their guild to assist them on runs. But there will always be people who are very competitive like me, who wanted a playing feild that we rightfully deserve together with those competitive players.

Recount Add-on

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lutharr.1035

Lutharr.1035

As someone who used to chase the top spot on world of logs for WoW a recount was my holy grail. But for GW2, Id hate to see it. The problem is that with recount comes cookie cutter specs that everyone HAS to have or be excluded from dungeons. There is no diversity just numberless clones.

I perfectly understand as to why you would like one, hell even Id like one for personal use, but the road it sends everyone down is not for this particular MMO.

Go back to WoW. Most overused brainless arguement 2012-2013

Recount Add-on

in Suggestions

Barricade.3210

Certainly I know it would not be for everyone but atleast for a few who are concern of a level kind of play wouldn’t you like to have one? just today i have been busting my every moves in a dungeon when i notice a ranger doing just a single attack the whole time, which is auto-attack skill 1. Would yo like this kind of thing to continue for the rest of the game?

Recount Add-on

in Suggestions

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

just today i have been busting my every moves in a dungeon when i notice a ranger doing just a single attack the whole time, which is auto-attack skill 1.

And you didn’t even need a damage meter to notice that.

They are unnecessary and breed contempt.

[SFD] – Maguuma

Recount Add-on

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lutharr.1035

Lutharr.1035

Certainly I know it would not be for everyone but atleast for a few who are concern of a level kind of play wouldn’t you like to have one? just today i have been busting my every moves in a dungeon when i notice a ranger doing just a single attack the whole time, which is auto-attack skill 1. Would yo like this kind of thing to continue for the rest of the game?

You seem like a nice sensible chap. And maybe a recount in your hands wouldnt be so bad. Maybe you wouldnt turn into some elitist pleb. You would use it for good, maybe even save a kitten from a tree because of it

The issue is that once it hits the streets (trying to sound hip and cool now) the actual elitists would jump on it like a teenage girl at a biebler concert. They would analyze the crap out of everything. And in turn destroy the unquieness of GW2 combat.

Go back to WoW. Most overused brainless arguement 2012-2013

Recount Add-on

in Suggestions

Posted by: Antigono.1258

Antigono.1258

i would like a personal and private damage/healing meter.
Im a full condition ranger,, and i dont have any idea how much damage im doing.

Recount Add-on

in Suggestions

Posted by: DavidGX.1723

DavidGX.1723

Absolutely no WoW type addons ever, especially something like recount. If you want to know what YOUR DPS is, then I’d say get the target dummies fixed and have them tell you directly. No addons needed. Even then I don’t think a number showing your “DPS” would be that useful in a game like this, since your damage can fluctuate so much in the course of a fight as you dodge and avoid attacks. It’s just the wrong type of game for it. Showing anyone elses DPS would only lead to elitism. WoW was perfect evidence of that.

Recount Add-on

in Suggestions

Barricade.3210

If you would like to compare it to WoW just by the discussion of having a recount then probably it shows how successful wow is with that add on for it to be totally related to it. My point is to atleast help the community sort the kind of play they want, and it will promote the title itself a Guild War, thus thos move might lead to guilds running guild runs to enhance their guildmates skills. But what do I know maybe this is just how this game is played all mixed together, then I don’t want to start an arguement and I’ll start to do the same thing on each dungeon without an aim but just the tokens when it ended.

Recount Add-on

in Suggestions

DavidGX.1723

If you would like to compare it to WoW just by the discussion of having a recount then probably it shows how successful wow is with that add on for it to be totally related to it. My point is to atleast help the community sort the kind of play they want, and it will promote the title itself a Guild War, thus thos move might lead to guilds running guild runs to enhance their guildmates skills. But what do I know maybe this is just how this game is played all mixed together, then I don’t want to start an arguement and I’ll start to do the same thing on each dungeon without an aim but just the tokens when it ended.

My comparison to WoW wasn’t meant as a compliment, that was one of the many TERRIBLE aspects of the game. You don’t need a DPS meter to tell if you have good people in your group, I’ve run with enough people to know that. Like I said, the best way would simply allow you to wail on a targetting dummy (where you could crit it and do condition damage) and have it tell you directly and no one else. But, again, that would be of little use since DPS in this game would probably vary so much between fights and even during fights. This isn’t that type of game. I can’t play a DPS, stand there, do my rotation the entire fight and maintain a constant DPS. It doesn’t work that way. The only thing a recount type addon would accomplish is more elitism which isn’t needed at all.

Recount Add-on

in Suggestions

Barricade.3210

I am not in an arguement to convince everyone to like the idea, recount is a tool to measure output and not solely to base the overall gameplay of each player, I know lot of people are afraid of having this tool in the game, but for me if you know how to play your class and you know that you would play productively then there is no need to be afraid of it. And frankly WoW did have a better success pulling this kind of players. I like this game but the content aside from achievements, titles and scores doesn’t appeal to me anymore. The game can be better, and since this is a suggestion section I just happen to put iy up here. You are correct as well on the context that the game has a different approach on dungeon runs but wouldnt it be better if you will run with better players?

Recount Add-on

in Suggestions

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

I know lot of people are afraid of having this tool in the game, but for me if you know how to play your class and you know that you would play productively then there is no need to be afraid of it.

This is like police logic for allowing an illegal search. “If you’ve got nothing to hide then what’s the problem?”

[SFD] – Maguuma

Recount Add-on

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

No, no no.

One of the last things you would want in this game is number-based elitism. You used the word classify. Well let me tell you, that’s a synonym to words such as rank, rate, categorize and separate . And then there’s the word “elitism”, which is synonymous to pride in being in an elite group . And I think we all know what “elite” would mean in this context.

One of the things that got me into GW2 was that a friend of mine pretty much told me that I can pick up any weapon and I would still be viable. In fact, I was originally not going to pick up the game because I figured that it’d take a month or two for the forums to have stickied “guides” for the “preferred” or “optimal” ways to build specific professions, which I find to be rather dull.

And let’s be honest, the game has guilds for a reason. You want efficient runs where no one is idle? Do them with your guild. There’s been similar talks about justifying gear inspect so that you can use it to weed out people who use Magic Find gear.

(edited by Olba.5376)

Recount Add-on

in Suggestions

Posted by: myng.3516

myng.3516

i would like a personal and private damage/healing meter.
Im a full condition ranger,, and i dont have any idea how much damage im doing.

Watch your screen for numbers. Green numbers means heal, white is your damage, and red is the damage that’s being inflicted on you.

There’s also combat logging you can enable in the chat window.

In regards to this idea, I am against it for reasons already stated.

Overpaid, Underplayed

Recount Add-on

in Suggestions

DavidGX.1723

I don’t think people understand the reasons why things like this would either hurt the game at worst, or be (mostly) useless at best.

This game has no pure DPS classes. That’s right, if you’re an elementalist, you aren’t pure DPS. Same for thief or anyone else. No class can stand in the same spot in a fight like some fights in WoW and do their skill/spell rotation to maximize DPS. Saying “I can do 10,038donkeybutts dps” is meaningless. Everyone is a mixture of support, control and damage. The amount of damage you do per second is going to vary wildly per boss or even per attempt on the same boss. Everyone needs to damage (hit the boss) support (heal and/or rez and/or condition remove and/or buff etc) and control (stun, slow, redirect, keep the bosses attention for a period of time etc) and that’s a very chaotic process. If you run a dungeon with a group, trust me, you will learn very quickly who does well and who doesn’t. Trying to quantify that with a single number just isn’t how this game works. If you want to run with people who you know are “geared” then join a guild and run with the same people.

As Olba put it, being able to see other peoples “DPS” would only serve to encourage and enable elitism, which has no place in this game for the reasons he mentioned, I won’t go into that here because he did such a good job, see his post.

Recount Add-on

in Suggestions

Posted by: karma.8763

karma.8763

It is not to exclude but to classify. This is to encourage the level of competition and of play itself. Others who cannot cope can group up together or ask their guild to assist them on runs. But there will always be people who are very competitive like me, who wanted a playing feild that we rightfully deserve together with those competitive players.

Love it when you people use that excuse.

Recount Add-on

in Suggestions

Posted by: karma.8763

karma.8763

NO, bad idea, theres barely any players to run dungeons with as it is, yea let’s exlude the rest, if you want a tight group get a guild, if you pug, you shouldn’t be expecting much in the first place.

Recount Add-on

in Suggestions

Posted by: Booler.6598

Booler.6598

Bad idea. It really an excuse to say I’m Beter than you.
The bosses etc don’t have visible health units so its pointless anyway.
It’s also fairly easy to tell if your doing more damage with current builds than older ones.
Plz keep gw2 free of self absorbed add-ons

Always in all ways

Recount Add-on

in Suggestions

Posted by: Moderator.9532

Moderator.9532

Please use the search function before creating duplicate topics.