Reduce Champion HP by 80%

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ykoops.2539

Ykoops.2539

This is easily the most frustrating part about running dungeons right now. The mobs simply have ludicrous amounts of health. Why should it take 8 mins to DPS a mob down that is doing little to nothing to fight back during that time?

I can understand why Champions have this much HP in WvWvW, but everywhere else, it’s just crazy.

The idea that you can eliminate “trash mobs” by making all of the mobs hit hard and have 1,000,000 HP is flawed. I would rather kill 10 mobs with 100k HP than one with 1million HP.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Numot.3965

Numot.3965

I kinda have to second this. I rather see more interesting encounters with diverse opponents with lower hp, than having the current ones were you chip away at a glacier for awhile.

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

I wouldn’t suggest making already easy mobs easier. TO turn this around and make dungeons how they are meant to be (Hard), should buff their damage or make their mechanics harder to deal with than just spamming 1-5 in statue form while they take it all. AC exp has some great challenging mobs and I can’t wait to see the rest but they should all be challenging in some unique way.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hellkaiser.6025

Hellkaiser.6025

If you buff their damage, you simply overkill. right now their damage to a un-protected player (via the buff) while unweakened is roughly over 50% of our hp or so from my experience. if they hit ANY harder, we’d be looking at the kind of damage they do NOW to us unprotected and the enemy unweakened (which is still only 50% chance of a diminished attack) which is either a one shot down state, or 90% or so of our hp if unblocked. if this game becomes NOTHING but blocking and chaining block skills, then we’d all just have to stack 4guardians and maybe a thief etc for weakens.
I really, really don’t think buffing the already meleekittendamage levels of boss auto attacks and poorly telegraphed instagib skills is going to increase “challenge” any more than adding another 200k to their bloated health pools.

If you find them “easy” you’re clearly a ranged centric class user. and used to the kite-wars mentality already. That’s great, But sadly others would like to at some point “swing a sword” without being turned to mush instantly

Irony…. xD

in Suggestions

Posted by: DaMunky.6302

DaMunky.6302

Yeah, killing the same mook for hours gets boring and grindy. With as fun and varied and fast-paced as the rest of the game is, it really felt like the ball was dropped on this one.

The biggest highlight of my last AC attempt was when my ally, sitting in the same room as me, spent upwards of 15 minutes kiting the same guy while the rest of the party was dead. I put on Wacky Sax and it was AMAZING.

Dear lord, what have I done? – Matthew Medina, Gw2 Content Designer

in Suggestions

Posted by: arcdash.4039

arcdash.4039

I kind of agree with this. I can accept the boss guys having tons of health, but why do the random enemies in dungeons often have way more health than they should? The high health is unnecessary, it doesn’t make dungeons harder, only longer. The high damage is enough, and…there should be more of the weaker enemies than two guys with a metric crapton of health. Why should a random guy have more health than his PvE counterpart? He’s still just some random guy that’s going to get murdered because he isn’t a boss, and he’s…not even anything special.

So in short, the cannon fodder should stick to being cannon fodder.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jahaudant.9267

Jahaudant.9267

Harder game = more damage and more HP?

Brb Diablo 3.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Proeliator.8740

Proeliator.8740

80% is waaay too much but they should certainly be much more creative in the way they scale difficulty.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dragonhero.1852

Dragonhero.1852

Yah this is kinda trashing dungeon runs for me.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cinder.4865

Cinder.4865

If you buff their damage, you simply overkill. right now their damage to a un-protected player (via the buff) while unweakened is roughly over 50% of our hp or so from my experience. if they hit ANY harder, we’d be looking at the kind of damage they do NOW to us unprotected and the enemy unweakened (which is still only 50% chance of a diminished attack) which is either a one shot down state, or 90% or so of our hp if unblocked. if this game becomes NOTHING but blocking and chaining block skills, then we’d all just have to stack 4guardians and maybe a thief etc for weakens.
I really, really don’t think buffing the already meleekittendamage levels of boss auto attacks and poorly telegraphed instagib skills is going to increase “challenge” any more than adding another 200k to their bloated health pools.

If you find them “easy” you’re clearly a ranged centric class user. and used to the kite-wars mentality already. That’s great, But sadly others would like to at some point “swing a sword” without being turned to mush instantly

I’ve only made a single AC story mode attempt, but the ease at which bosses (and mobs in general) were downing melee characters was unbelievable. I was playing a Thief (and dodging when I could actually see any sort of telegraph), and it felt very punishing and disheartening to try melee at all against bosses, especially with the amount of AoE going out. =/

So, +10 to this.

in Suggestions

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

I also agree with this.

A lot of the “bosses” i’ve encountered in dungeons have ridiculous huge amounts of health…and it just boils down to standing there blasting them until they die. The ice dungeon in particular I remember a couple bosses in there where the fights just lasted way too long.

We need more bosses with unique mechanics and unique styles of play that make them difficult…like the ghost spider boss in TA or the end boss in Sorrow’s Embrace. That end boss was fun because initially you are like “Holy F, he deals so much damage. How are we supposed to defeat him?” and then you look around the environment, and figure it out.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shooopa.5632

Shooopa.5632

It’s ludicrous design decisions like this that are threatening to ruin this game for me.

Apparently the developers want everyone to be either a ranger or a guardian and everyone who wants to be anything else should play another game. A good fight should be a mix of timing and simple puzzles, not just picking the right option at the character selection screen.

User will be infracted for this post.

in Suggestions

Posted by: arcdash.4039

arcdash.4039

Dude, its okay if the actual named bosses have a ton of health…because they’re the ones that drop the shiny stuff. That is excusable.

But why is it that the random spawning baddies have tons of health? They don’t contribute to anything, they aren’t even all that difficult, they just have tons of health and slow the whole thing down. There’s no reason a random guy should be able to tank 5 players who clearly aren’t going to die.

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

I play thief so no, not a ranged centric. Their damage is hard for some, weak for others and if you read, i said OR make their mechanics more challenging but I forgot to say “and more responsive”. Some things are delayed atm where you can press dodge at what feels like the right time and still get pulled in or smashed. 80% is just too much of a loss but I’m sure it was just a statement of how long a fight can last against something thats doing nothing in return which, I agree with.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Daenji.5280

Daenji.5280

I am in favor of coming up with smarter encounters rather than longer ones. Please consider significantly reducing the HP of bosses and some mobs and replacing that experience with something more engaging, fast-paced, and clever. I feel more like I’m mining while chipping away at a boss than I do when actually using a pick on a rich deposit!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hellkaiser.6025

Hellkaiser.6025

I play thief so no, not a ranged centric. Their damage is hard for some, weak for others and if you read, i said OR make their mechanics more challenging but I forgot to say “and more responsive”. Some things are delayed atm where you can press dodge at what feels like the right time and still get pulled in or smashed. 80% is just too much of a loss but I’m sure it was just a statement of how long a fight can last against something thats doing nothing in return which, I agree with.

I’m sure pistol whip has a cast time for pvp purposes :P that’s one main offender.
but i rarely see the need to go melee unless it’s suppression of one mob that’s gotten loose from the pack. I’ve started to play my thief as a sort of control type debuffer, so that sniper that would normally annihilate you with a cheese one shot, I’m usually the one who shoots over to him to blind and weaken him so he can’t or at least won’t one shot you. then i’ll pop up a smokescreen and get back to the backstabbin or drop a stealth field and rally someone. honestly having played dungeons longer, I’m seeing a lot more of the importance of debuffing and versatility, and I’m starting to like the potential the systems have. They’re rough, they’re a lil patchy and buggy, but they could be VERY awesome once we adapt to them.

The high hp I think is something that in some cases should go down, but generally it could be worse than this. honestly, it could

approaching packs of enemies can at times be a little, messy and perhaps better control of that could be taken into account somehow. But really we need to be able to view other players traits to show them that a glasscannon team just won’t work even if it’s faster burning through hp heavy enemies, and that brings me to my point.

Enemies seem to have high hp to discourage the blast through the hp mentality, if you can’t burst even a trash mob down in one rotation then clearly using all your damage increasing cooldowns, or signets etc are pointless as you just burst the monster down a bit, and then have nothing to deal with the other throng of enemies bearing down on you now and toughness only serves to INCREASE the aggro rate not decrease it

Irony…. xD

in Suggestions

Posted by: Super Smite Skillz.2791

Super Smite Skillz.2791

I have found how to fix the problem with bosses!!!! Istead of having like 1000k hp why not make them with less hp and more skills? In gw1 the bosses were hard because they used their skills very good not because they had more hp. It’s something that anet has to reconsider adn bring back from gw1.
Let’s say boos1: instead of 1000k hp he only has 150k hp, but he’s got 15 skills that he uses very good. The skills wont 1shot the players, but will instead make special “puzzels” on how to kill the boss. For example boss1 makes skill1 which makes him unvornarable for X amound of time. There is a special thing that when activated will knockdown the boss and bring him back to killable state.

and so on
hope u like the idea

in Suggestions

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

80% is waaay too much but they should certainly be much more creative in the way they scale difficulty.

Pretty much this. Removing 80% health would probably make them – health wise – easier than veterans.

This said, my personal favorite enemy in the game is the Iron Forgeman of Sorrow’s Embrace, though I think he could do with a bit more health (about 30% more). The reasons why I love this enemy are:

• He has lovely, unique, and fluid animations.
  • His attacks, though mostly one-shotting, are easily red and thus you can avoid them by paying attention. Most bosses it’s really just a hit or miss on whether he’s targetting you – perhaps it’s because the Iron Forgeman doesn’t target anyone, but just does massive damage all over the place in readable patterns, forcing you to move about to avoid those patterns as your footing is always in at least one attack’s path.
  • He doesn’t have insanely high health.

I prefer fights which make you think, react, and move. Not in that they are bouncing all over the place (like Vivien during one of the Twilight Arbor explorable paths), nor in having to dodge-or-you-die, nor in them having crowd control and making your character move for you, but rather that you’re motivated to move about, recognize your enemies actions, and counter proactively.

Another good boss example is the first Son of Svanir boss in Honor of the Waves – he has a skill “Summon Hoarfrost” which basically turns all of one level of the ground into a massive Frozen Ground fest. To avoid it, you have to get onto the other level which is either right up to him, or everywhere else – and in the former case, he can knock you back into the AoE damage. Only issue, imo, with his fight is that there’s not much room around him on that second level so you’re either all clumped together or your in AoE most of the time when he uses that skill.

I’d love more foes like that over foes like the Nightmare Tree – in one path, the one where the spider courtier gets to the tree, there’s so many spiders around that the only viable option was to equip the longest range weapon we had and attack it from a distance. The enemy doesn’t move, it can do decent damage, has a unqiue model, but because of that seemingly endless swarm and it not moving (which isn’t outright bad), and it’s incredibly high health it was just 20 minutes of spamming long range skills – what made it worse was the lack of waypoints, but that’s another matter entirely.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.