Regarding Map Completion...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vorenyx.5804

Vorenyx.5804

Dear Arena Net, please remove WvW maps from Map Completion, and replace it with Southsun Cove, Heart of the Mists and Dungeon POIs. If that cannot be done, please at least give us a separate star/title for those who’ve completed the PvE maps. I’ve been stuck at 99% World Completion for over a month now because my little old laptop cannot handle WvW, and I’m also terrible at anything PvP related, so it is a very unpleasant experience for me and many other players as well! I don’t even care about crafting a legendary, nor do I have the intention of doing so.
Sincerely, a very frustrated player who just wants his title and gold star.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cirah Ravenheart.9618

Cirah Ravenheart.9618

I don’t enjoy PVP so I choose not to do it, but yet I’ve had no choice cause I can’t complete my map without it. My character is not PVP geared and I have had my butt handed to me multiple times trying to get the PVP zones explored. I am on a top PVP server and have been stuck missing one vista and one POI for a few weeks now cause we never seem to own that one spot and the PVP’rs could give a crap less if I need it or not cause they know I’m not there to help them. I just want my star as well. I agree to taking PVP maps out of the equation.

in Suggestions

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

I agree that they should remove WvW but you are even asking them to add DUNGEON POI instead, oh and sothsun is ok if they add it, but not dungeon poi because many people dont enjoy doing dungeons, or just som of those like me. I actually did the world completion but i waited 3 weeks to get WvW done. also i think they actually added WvW because it’s a big part of the game, it’s the only place where you can battle people with the gear YOU worked for. But instead of removing they should replace tower based vistas and POIs and make them reachable from the gates of that tower. it would be better, and easier.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

here we go again, another person incapable of searching.

AR

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kynmarcher.2184

Kynmarcher.2184

I am in full agreement.

I also don’t care too much about legendaries I just want map completion, but having to go into WvW to do it is very annoying especially if, like me, you’re on a server which does not control the majority of the WvW map. Right now even if I was to become ‘full’ PvP geared and some master of all things player killing, I’d still be prevented from getting WvW points of interest, waypoints and vistas because they are locked behind gates which I cannot get past without siege equipment.

So essentially what I am forced to do at this stage is wait for my realm to dominate WvW and then quickly get in there and grab as many of the vistas/points of interest/waypoints as I can before another realm retakes their stuff and prevents me from getting to them.

Now I could perhaps live with WvW ‘if’ I didn’t have to go into these fortified areas to get the points but as it stands right now unless you’re on a dominating server for WvW map completion will take forever to complete.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cirah Ravenheart.9618

Cirah Ravenheart.9618

here we go again, another person incapable of searching.

What are you talking about? We are ALL capable of searching. What we are not capable of, is sticking our heads through a red keep door when we are on the green or blue team and my server has been green team for quite a while now. Has nothing to do with searching anything.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chelsea Vendetta.1897

Chelsea Vendetta.1897

Everyday I check the maps hoping our world made some progress, but alas the maps are full of Sorrows Furnace Green icons as it has always been. We try, but the SF world outnumbers us considerably and always take back what we gained.

I really want to get my map completion, but we aren’t even close to being able to override the “outmanned” map. Ever!

HOW long do we have to wait till something changes so we can at least try to make a legendary weapon?

I also have an issue because I have to check the maps frequently, I sit and wait for the loading to occur. Time wasted. I probably check the maps 12 times a day.

It really upsets me I can’t get the viewpoints, poi’s and skill points in wvw.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kynmarcher.2184

Kynmarcher.2184

Bumping this, needs more exposure.