Reminder of one time events like The Lost Shore

in Suggestions

Posted by: Quise.5628

Quise.5628

I have a question. Are these one-off events will be simillar to Halloween when we get few sec cutscene and new dungeon for few days or it will be event which i couldn do?
For example
if i will be at first friday event at 20:00 GMT, and i will miss event on saturday at 20:00 GMT will i be still able to understand the next part of this story which is behind that big event? How i can make to get posibility to know this whole story without forcing player to canceled every weekend plan only to be at event start?

I suggest to add a NPC wchich will allow to watch this special event cutscenes. Make something like Scrying Pool from GW1 Hall of Monuments which allows player to view cinematics from game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: zarzamora.3261

zarzamora.3261

I agree with the suggestion. I think it’s a terrible mistake to make these one-time events, because the game is not prepared for it.

Another solution could be to make them repetable during 24 hours or so, like the events in GW 1.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nathriel.9718

Nathriel.9718

To expand your suggestion even further Quise, I think Arenanet should add a story-teller NPC to our home instances. With this, home instances would have a larger purpose (I can’t remember when was the last time I visited mine, because there is nothing to do there) but most importantly, people could experience the missed one-time events.

The story-teller NPC should work as a personal story step. You speak to him and he offers the events you missed. You choose one, and he let you play it through in an instance, just like a ps mission, you could even invite friends. These events should be played through once per account, so if you did it once, the NPC doesn’t offer it anymore (and of course if you were there when the event happened, you can’t do it again).

One-time events are cool, it gives a new experience to those who are there. But there are a lot of players out there who cannot attend these events, because they are in another timezone or they have to do something else. For them, these one-time events are wasted, they will never experience them and they will feel that they are out of something. So I think, that if Arenanet wants to do these kind of events in the future, they have to implement some solution like this.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

The one time event is Sunday, not Friday.

How about they just post the scenes on their YouTube channel and/or create a video after the events to tell the entire story?

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

in Suggestions

Quise.5628

Ayrilana its not about get involve on searching on youtube its about get you to focus more on game not just some addional media which will drag me from playing GW2.

Nathriel your idea about story teller is great!This is something that I came up with later. NPC which could tell us about world events story.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You want a storyteller but then how is that any different than if Anet did a YouTube video summarizing the even?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

They probably will open one or few new zones.

A cutscene will just fill up the originality of adding a new zone to the map. It will be their way to unlock new zones not like other MMOs in which just say you will have a new zone open in the next patch.

So, don’t worry to much, if there is an event it will take place for a few days, if there is just a cutscene then its not so important

in Suggestions

Quise.5628

Yea but we still dont know if that gonna be one cutscene or whole introduction to that event.

So as Anet says

“Each phase is triggered by a special event, but you will be able to enjoy additional content afterwards even if you cannot make the kick-off time. "

there still gonna be one time events even on friday and saturday but this small events are not required to gain acces to event/zone content only the last one is big one time event chain that will run multiple hours.

They said this is game for casual and hardocore players but still with thing like that i feel like this game belongs to hardocore gameplay. Stay in game for xx hours to get start event on xx hour and then play it for xx hour. What with people which will miss this weekend event because of work/real life problems/school etc.? How they will know exacly what happened there if they won’t have chance to participate in that events? Every that kind event triggers (if they are more than 5 sec cutscenes) should be made as instance zones like story mode is.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Archmortal.1027

Archmortal.1027

These things happen in almost every game that cares about the story structure when implementing new content. Whether it lasts for a few hours, a few days or a few weeks there will inevitably be people who miss them.

Having a Story NPC in the home instance to view/re-view cutscenes even if you weren’t around to see them originally is a great idea and should seriously be considered, but not the part where it allows instanced/private versions of these events.

ANET called it a one-time event. They have given warning to everyone interested in the game that it’s not going to happen again. You don’t need to do it to access the resulting content, it’s just there for flavor. Saying that an extra taste somehow makes something more hardcore/elite is silly. It’s like a limited-time flavor of ice cream. Try the flavor or don’t. Whether or not everyone in the world has time to get to the ice cream shop to have a taste isn’t going to change that it’s not permanently available.

in Suggestions

Quise.5628

But it still when i miss event trigger time like 20:00 GMT on incoming event. It will be like standing in queue for ice cream but when it comes my turn get ice cream it turns out that there is no chocolate sprinkles for me. ;<

in Suggestions

Posted by: zarzamora.3261

zarzamora.3261

ANET called it a one-time event. They have given warning to everyone interested in the game that it’s not going to happen again. You don’t need to do it to access the resulting content, it’s just there for flavor.

I agree with that, but the problem is: what if I am interested in the event, and I am at the right place and the right time but the game doesn’t show the event for me and/or the servers crash ? Both things happened in Halloween, and probably will happen again this time.
The idea can be good, but the game and servers are not prepared for it, unless something very big changed in these 15 days and we still don’t know about it.