Remove #2 and #3 from downed state in WvW

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

I think this would make things a lot more fair but also keep things interesting. In small scale fights this would help a lot, because it would rely on the people still alive to interrupt the person spiking.

This would also be the middle ground for people who hate downed state and for people who like it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Figulus.2709

Figulus.2709

Which class do you play? Because different classes have different abilities when downed.

An elementalist can mist form temporarily, a warrior can rally and then auto die after a few seconds, a ranger can call for their pet to help revive them, etc.

Looking For Gandalf [LFG] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Downed State is in dire need of a serious balancing pass. Imo, in sPvP and WvW all downed states should be normalized, meaning the same set of skills for every professions.

The difference in quality is enormous. Some professions can evade stomps from in theory an infinite number of players, regardless of things like Stability, Blind, Stealth, Aegis, LoS.
And other professions can only interupt a single enemy, if that enemy doesnt have stability, aegis, stealth, something bodyblocking (like a pet) or blinded you.

Not to mention serious damage disparities. Or tools that allow some professions much higher chances of surviving being downed, while for others its basicly a countdown till you can respawn in 3… 2… 1…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

I agree, that’s why I think downed people should only be able to throw rocks or heal and nothing else. In 1v2, or any fight that has more numbers on one side, it becomes hard to stomp. It’s hard because, people will still be attacking you, now throw in the downed person able to avoid one stomp (sometimes they can’t depending on class) it just makes fighting uneven numbers that much tougher.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Downed state is okay – I mean the skills.

But RALLYING (20-30 players throw each a stone while downed on another enemy and he gets killed by somene still up from their team – all rally) – needs to be removed completely… so that downed players need to bandage or need the help of others from their team.

RALLYING is a PvE mechanic carelessly just implemented in WvW and sPvP(might be because of technical issues that they just can’t switch in on and off in different maps because it is linked to the downed system and can’t be seperated easily).

Downed State is in dire need of a serious balancing pass. Imo, in sPvP and WvW all downed states should be normalized, meaning the same set of skills for every professions.

Acutally they could just make it so everyone played the same class(not only downed skills the same but all the skills – also the same build – then they would not have to worry about balancing that much).

in Suggestions

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

Definitely not. No, to both.
I agree with balancing but the downed state needs to stay.

The downed state makes PvP, WvW and PvE unique giving you a last chance instead of dying instantly.

It’s one of the reasons I like Guild Wars 2 so much.
However as I said it needs balancing not removal.

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

No. I need my pet to come over and lick my wounds when I’m injured. He loves me and this is how he shows it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Do whatever you want as long as your changes have no effect on the PvE side of the game. I’ll be seriously cheesed off if I lose the ability to be ressed by my pet because PvPers are whining.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Suggestions

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I agree to the problem but I disagree with the suggestion.

Instead, Using skill 2 in Down state in sPvP should give you 10 extra seconds to respawn.

While using skill 2 in PvE or WvW should give you a 100% chance to break armor while not using skill 2 should give you 50% chance to break armor.

This way, fights in sPvP will not be annoying. Player gets away, I have to walk up to them. Which is fine, if I didn’t have to do it on every single enemy player in order to kill them all. My suggestion will minimize stomp delay skills only to decisive moments.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Suggestions

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

I personally strongly disagree and think the mechanics are fine as they are.

#TeamJadeQuarry

in Suggestions

Posted by: GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

I agree that it needs balancing. I hate sPvP for the downed state. Some classes are almost impossible to stomp while others are a joke. The downed should stay, but have much less impact on the people still alive.

Skills 2 and 3 are way too unbalanced for the sPvP, though I see less problems with WvW with zergs. They should either be removed from PvP areas or balanced better. I like the idea of “giving another chance” but when the downed state player is WAY more harder to stomp than to kill, something is NOT right. It should simply give a little help/time while allies come to aid. Currently I hate sPvP because of the current downed state unbalance but I would welcome it if downed state players have less impact on the meta game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

yes they are and in pvp i managed to stomp all class and viceversa they stomp me, when you know what class you are facing you know also how to stomp them and stability works, i don’t know why you are telling it doesn’t

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Don’t you DARE touch my downed state skills in PvE! It’s an awesome and fun mechanic! I could care less what they do to in in PvP / WvW.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

in Suggestions

Posted by: Happysack.7132

Happysack.7132

While we are at it why don’t we just get rid of all the classes and make one class with all the same skills and abilities….. that way no one can complain about what other people have and they don’t.

I’m just saying…. I understand that some classes down states do need to be reworked but its not so bad thakittens impossible to spike people in wvw, I see people spiking all the time and doing it well.

You need to be able to lead people into blowing their big downed abilities before you spike them, once you get good at that you can spike with the best

in Suggestions

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Don’t you DARE touch my downed state skills in PvE! It’s an awesome and fun mechanic! I could care less what they do to in in PvP / WvW.

Exactly how much could you care less? Just trying to gauge the magnitude of how much you care.

in Suggestions

Posted by: NightStar.4670

NightStar.4670

If anything, some of the professions need different skills. The elementalist #1 skill attacks WAY TOO SLOW compared to say a thief or warrior, when the damage is roughly the same.

Paskal – 80 Asura Thief – Aeon Kleos officer
Meredy Izumi – 80 Human Elementalist [Aeon]
Alruane – 80 Sylvari Ranger [Aeon]