Remove Fight to Survive from WvW

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shadow.1059

Shadow.1059

The Fight to Survive mechanism seems good for PvE; however, this should not be available in WvW.

It nearly eliminates the possibility of higher skilled players taking on multiple opponents at once. You have finally defeated one of them, and now the allies of this player can oh so simply run up press F, and wow, now they are back alive! It is quite easy to interrupt the “finishing” mechanic of a player, especially when you are outnumbered.

A mechanism like this should not be allowed in a PvP environment like WvW.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rashagal.5867

Rashagal.5867

uhm… it’s a team game? Also, do you really want a thief bursting you down in 3 secs just after you finally got to that supply camp you all the way across the map you wanted to take? You can interrupt the revive just as easily as the stomp. Anet built this game so that burst can happen VERY quickly. As a result, the “fight to survive” is necessary so battles wont seem too one-sided when the numbers start adding up.

Anvil Rock Ambassador of [Sane];
[ARM] Anvil Rock Militia Commander;
The Loryak: I speak for these beasts.

in Suggestions

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Downed state does nothing for the “team” game, all it does is heavily favour numbers over skill.

The side with the greater numbers always wins in an open-field standoff, simply through greater capacity for rezzing.

It sucks.

Rezzing ought to break on any form of damage in PVP zones. That would fix it without being overly punitive.

downed state is bad for PVP

in Suggestions

Posted by: BabelFish.7234

BabelFish.7234

uhm… it’s a team game? Also, do you really want a thief bursting you down in 3 secs just after you finally got to that supply camp you all the way across the map you wanted to take? You can interrupt the revive just as easily as the stomp. Anet built this game so that burst can happen VERY quickly. As a result, the “fight to survive” is necessary so battles wont seem too one-sided when the numbers start adding up.

Exactly. It’s a two way street. Take away the fight to survive and the game will be much more sacky in a single direction. Either thiefs will pick you apart of the numbers will crush you.

in Suggestions

Shadow.1059

That is the most illogical argument I have ever read in my entire life. If a thief bursts you down in 3 seconds, do you really think fight to survive will save you? No, unless you are with a big group of people, then it will only delay you running back to the supply camp; and if you are with big group of people and you still die in 3 seconds from one person, then it is obviously a user error. I do not believe Anet input fight to survive because they “built this game so that burst can happen VERY quickly.” If you are getting one shot by someone, what makes you think fight to survive is going to save you? The only thing this is going to do is limit higher skilled players from defeating multiple opponents at once.
“so battles wont seem too one-sided when the numbers start adding up.”
This makes absolutely no sense at all. This makes balance worse. The higher quantity of people have an even greater advantage against the lower quantity, simply because it is more easy for them to revive players. I have no idea what you were thinking when you wrote this.

(edited by Shadow.1059)

in Suggestions

Posted by: TurtleMuncher.9750

TurtleMuncher.9750

cant you just lower the revive rate and cap revivers at 1

MERC

in Suggestions

Posted by: KnightFire.2597

KnightFire.2597

If you can’t deal with it then I don’t think you’re exactly higher skilled. Really skilled players would be able to adapt and learn how to deal with the problem.

Dark Knightfire – Thief | Kal Knightfire – Warrior | Spoiler Knightfire – Ranger

in Suggestions

Shadow.1059

If you can’t deal with it then I don’t think you’re exactly higher skilled. Really skilled players would be able to adapt and learn how to deal with the problem.

Who said I can’t deal with it? It is not about dealing with it, it is about balancing it. You clearly can’t read.

in Suggestions

Shadow.1059

cant you just lower the revive rate and cap revivers at 1

Yes, this is another possible solution; only allow one person to be reviving at a time, and significantly reduce healing while in combat.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Downed state does nothing for the “team” game, all it does is heavily favour numbers over skill.

The side with the greater numbers always wins in an open-field standoff, simply through greater capacity for rezzing.

It sucks.

Rezzing ought to break on any form of damage in PVP zones. That would fix it without being overly punitive.

I agree,

Downed state is incredibly frustrating and imo game-breaking in WvW. It changes the entire dynamic of combat and further favors zerging over anything else.

While I generally dislike the mechanic in PvP having the healing break on damage would fix most of the issues I have with it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

I would be okay with removing downed state if some classes had their damage output severely reduced. Going from full health to downed in under 3 seconds is ludicrous if you can’t revive a teammate.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in Suggestions

Shadow.1059

I would be okay with removing downed state if some classes had their damage output severely reduced. Going from full health to downed in under 3 seconds is ludicrous if you can’t revive a teammate.

Are you playing WvW as a level one? Either that, or you are severely lacking skill to be dying in under 3 seconds from one person. Even if you are getting one shot, do you really think fight to survive is going to save you from this?

in Suggestions

Shadow.1059

It sucks.

I agree,

Downed state is incredibly frustrating and imo game-breaking in WvW. It changes the entire dynamic of combat and further favors zerging over anything else.

While I generally dislike the mechanic in PvP having the healing break on damage would fix most of the issues I have with it.

Something needs to be done about it. Having the healing break on damage would also be good.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Day.4501

Day.4501

Maybe trialling a cooldown on fight to survive.

in Suggestions

Posted by: lilmoby.2375

lilmoby.2375

If the downed state was removed in WvW, then people wouldn’t have enough to time log out before they die. Can you imagine the uproar that would cause?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ceelaniri.8410

Ceelaniri.8410

Are you playing WvW as a level one? Either that, or you are severely lacking skill to be dying in under 3 seconds from one person. Even if you are getting one shot, do you really think fight to survive is going to save you from this?

so what is it then?? fight to survive help or not?? make up your mind

btw thief can kill someone pretty quickly especially with the current rendering/culling issue.

just be more clever about who you attack and more savvy when choosing the moment to do so.

Desdaemon Frag
Gandara

in Suggestions

Posted by: MadJock.8710

MadJock.8710

Downed state has no real purpose apart from making things easier for the side with the bigger numbers to keep there numbers large.

Its totally frustrating while defending, you can take down 2 or 3 of the enemy attacking your fort just to watch a pile of the attackers res there dead and cancel out your effort.

It may sound harsh to some but killing people should send them straight back to there starting way point, my reasons for stating this are

1. Players will have to actually learn to use there skills rather than depending on there numbers, commanders and players will actually have to decide if a tower/keep is worth the man power cost rather than just the supply cost it is now.

2. Traveling into enemy lands would have a price in manpower, meaning lower populated worlds could actually make last stands that worked rather than just holding off the zerg waiting on the put come you know is happening

3 Siege weapons become scarier – it can be pretty much a joke building sieges to assault / defend somewhere to watch 50+ players just zerg it, res there dead and carry on

I know some sieges would need balancing and i know WvW would need balencing n other ways but i do think its a step in the right direction. This system (like many in place) rewards the side with bigger numbers and thats killing off WvW in a lot ofthe lower populated worlds, which is making the situation worse

@ KnightFire.2597 sorry i disagree, “Really skilled players” or people who actually think while they are PvPing would learn to stay alive. learn to pick there fights using terrain (for sieges) or traps / ambushes etc etc

The system in place at present totally is about the numbers in your zerg in most cases, dealing or adapting to that – bring more people or if vastly outnumbered log off and play something balanced.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

@Ceelaniri

Just be cleaver and dodge/escape when a thief gank you. Even if they don’t appear right away, you can see your health go down.

I’m currently playing my alt with rare magic find gear in WvW, and I still didn’t get one shotted yet by a thief? Not even close.

Downed State is bad for WvW. It truly force people to zerg togheter. When you try to pick a group aparte with tactics and hit and run, it just doesn’t work because they keep rezing.

Not even talking about Downed state ability balance..

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in Suggestions

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

Fight to survive isn’t the problem.

However, you should not be able to stake someone while they are being healed.

If someone is being healed they should be able to be damaged (like normal), but you should essentially have to fight off their healer.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

in Suggestions

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Its great in wvw only thing i want to see removed in wvw is ability to res dead players dead should mean dead not disabled for 10 seconds. then they must run back so there wont be only these all or nothing attacks you can also make a difference even when you loose a battle.

in Suggestions

Shadow.1059

so what is it then?? fight to survive help or not?? make up your mind

btw thief can kill someone pretty quickly especially with the current rendering/culling issue.

just be more clever about who you attack and more savvy when choosing the moment to do so.

You seem confused. It appears as though you have trouble comprehending a perfectly coherent sentence. Just for you, I will elaborate a bit more; if you dying in under 3 seconds from someone, you are now in fight to survive mode with severely limited spells and movement, if any at all, depending on which class you are; how will fight to survive save you from dying in under 3 seconds? It won’t. With or without fight to survive, you will still die in the same amount of time, and fight to survive will not save you; unless you are with an overcrowded group of people, in which you should not have died from one person in the first place.

Asking a question and stating facts is completely different from attacking someone.

(edited by Shadow.1059)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

Really annoying mechanic for people who like to run solo or duo in WvW. You can outplay a group 2v5 all day for instance but you aren’t going to ever finish one if they are coordinated with reviving.

I would think in a game like GW2 where they want player skill to matter, they wouldn’t have such a mechanic that punishes people for trying to fight outnumbered.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Suffer.5469

Suffer.5469

Keep downed in for wvw but make it so you can only be resurrected by team mates. You cannot rally and you cannot use 1-3. Fixed. I play ele and the current system promotes bad gameplay because you can over extend > die > mist form a crazy distance to rally from someone you breathed on. It would also make 1v2/3/4 etc fights more skillful and promote support builds who focus ressing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rauphz.2869

Rauphz.2869

Fight to survive isn’t the problem.

However, you should not be able to stake someone while they are being healed.

If someone is being healed they should be able to be damaged (like normal), but you should essentially have to fight off their healer.

Correct, +1.
And damage by downed skills should be reduced.
But to balance the downed state in pvp and pve is hard. They should be different, coz each case is unique.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ianervan.7915

ianervan.7915

Downed State needs to go. Fast.

And to those who mentioned Thieves – they don’t kill anymore in 1,5sec because their signet was nerfed. And if you ever saw a decent Thief attack someone, what they do is down you, then go into stealth and finish you off. Downed state is not a problem for a Thief, it’s a problem for everyone else. If Thief is outnumbered he can run away. If a non-thief skilled player is outnumbered he can… uh do what? Try fighting? With downed state it’s 10x more difficult.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kneemin.4235

Kneemin.4235

Clearly, you don’t know how to use the downed state to your advantage. I guarantee that, when outnumbered vastly, you would easily lose a tower/keep you’re defending. On any given night I notice people going up/down on walls WAY more than the attackers… the difference is that our guys get back up and the ones who go down outside usually die.

I use the downed state as a sort of ‘magnet’ to suck people into a storm of AE which usually not only kills the downed player (from the safety of range), it usually manages to down one of the people attempting a rez.

AE litter is the absolute best way to deal with downed players as it minimizes risk (not standing there trying to steak him) and deals good damage to any who try to help.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

Most of my complaints with downed, is the huge disparity of balance on the skills and the damage output by some of the classes while they are so called downed.

Any damage done is downed state should be done with the idea of ‘finishing off’ a target, ie they are almost dead and you can finish them off with some low damage hits before you die. 200-400 damage max in downed state, imo.

Balance the downed abilities. Change the ‘downed’ debuff so it still reduces the health you come back with, but when it stacks to three, the next time you just die, no downed.

~ AoN ~

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Without looking deeply into it, I think the only problem with the downed state in WvWvW(in PvP in general, even) is Rallying. It allows you to completely ignore defense in favour of pure offense to kill opponents and cause Rallies.

There are some imbalances that need to be addressed; some classes have great 2s and 3s, other classes not so much. I’m sure some people could pick out which ones they are; I don’t know all of them. The only one that I can immediately think of is Warrior 3 in conjunction with their Discipline trait that allows them to rally while using it; that can turn close fights into easy wins, though I might not be dealing with it properly.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kneemin.4235

Kneemin.4235

@Niim – That is already how downed works. I dont’ know about you, but as an elementalist, I get downed ALL the time. If you’re downed while your downed debuff is red, you die.

I agree that warriors have some fairly broken abilities and that downed attacks can be strong (not mine, lol!), but I still think that the benefits of carpeting AEs on downed enemies in defense is a great boon to getting extra kills more-so than the one or two times that rally or powerful downed 3s cause an issue (sure isn’t mine – a cripple!!! hahaha).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Reonhato.5914

Reonhato.5914

The balance in the downed skills itself needs to be fixed if downed state is going to stay. I would love to see revives removed from PvP though, or at least adding a timer and making reviving in combat impossible so zergs cannot just run through and swarm everything, revive and continue, they actually have to be careful not to die.

Anyway if downed state is to stay I would love to see downed skills be far more uniformed compared to normal skills and reduced in effectiveness a bit. With just 3 skills it is incredibly difficult to balance so I think the simple solution is to give every class 3 skills that are similar. A single target damage, a single target debuff/interupt and an AOE dmg with condition I think would be good. At the moment it is just too one sided with some classes having huge advantages over others in downed state.

BTW I play an engineer, arguably the most useless of downed classes so I may be bias in wanting it changed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: brandon.6735

brandon.6735

I’m fine with downed state but NPC mobs have to go. I took on 2 at once and they kept rezing from the npc mobs we aggro.

Guardianhipster
Thiefhipster

in Suggestions

ianervan.7915

Kneemin, I don’t know on what server you play, I assume it’s NA one, because on EU servers people don’t flock to the downed player en masse again and again while you’re showering AoE from above. You may kill 1 or 2 players who tried to help someone but the other 50 will meanwhile get rezed without any issues.

You’re trying to use an exception as a rule. For every player you kill because he tried to help a downed player, there are 200 players getting rezed without any problem, without any downside. And that’s the issue.

Downed doesn’t cost anything, the rezing is practically instantaneous. Ele downed skill after patch is just overpowered in WvW. I heard people say Mesmer downed state is strong, which is funny since I play as a mesmer and consider it one of the weakest. When I down other mesmers their downed state is no issue if you know how to play, while all other downed states annoy the hell out of me (warrior, guardian, necro, ele, thief). Mesmer downed state just means you need to walk few meters but you’re in full control of your character.

in Suggestions

Kardiamond.6952

Well I think the worst downstate skill are :

Engineer, Necro and Ranger ( Ranger I just heard of, didn’t play them, but I know when I down a Ranger it will be easy to finish off)

Engineer : Pull skill, rarely useful. Single person interrupt. the 3 skill is nice, but it have the same effect then guardian instant #2, with a bit more damage. It’s not that it’s so bad, it’s that others have so much better.#1 does minimal damage, tho it has some nice debuf.

Necro : Only one interrupt, a 1 second fear (Btw if you take the AoE fear traits on downed stats, it sometime make #2 downtate fear goes on cooldown for no reason?(and sometime it doesnt work at all)) with casting time on a single person. #3 damage got buffed, but it still only poison people. You rarely get to use it, and when you do I would personnaly prefer something to cancel/dodge finisher. #1 is a fast hitting life leeching attack. It’s not that bad, but it won’t save you, except in pve. I have to say that #1 and #3 damage got buffed, but they are still subpar since we only have 1 interrupt.

Ranger : Pet can rez, but I don’t know much.

Elemental got buffed and got there #2 as mist form, a really annoying skill.

I thought Anet would nerf downstate skill, since I don’t think it should be as strong as Thief,Mesmer,Warrior and Guardian abilities. They should nerf it to necro/engineer/ranger level. But last patch, they chose to buff Elem/necro downed. Weird choice.

in Suggestions

Shadow.1059

Engineer, Necro and Ranger ( Ranger I just heard of, didn’t play them, but I know when I down a Ranger it will be easy to finish off)

Engineer : Pull skill, rarely useful. Single person interrupt. the 3 skill is nice, but it have the same effect then guardian instant #2, with a bit more damage. It’s not that it’s so bad, it’s that others have so much better.#1 does minimal damage, tho it has some nice debuf.

Necro : Only one interrupt, a 1 second fear (Btw if you take the AoE fear traits on downed stats, it sometime make #2 downtate fear goes on cooldown for no reason?(and sometime it doesnt work at all)) with casting time on a single person. #3 damage got buffed, but it still only poison people. You rarely get to use it, and when you do I would personnaly prefer something to cancel/dodge finisher. #1 is a fast hitting life leeching attack. It’s not that bad, but it won’t save you, except in pve. I have to say that #1 and #3 damage got buffed, but they are still subpar since we only have 1 interrupt.

I thought Anet would nerf downstate skill, since I don’t think it should be as strong as Thief,Mesmer,Warrior and Guardian abilities. They should nerf it to necro/engineer/ranger level. But last patch, they chose to buff Elem/necro downed. Weird choice.

You can hardly think of the elementalist downed state change as a buff. Elementalist easily has the worst downed state. They can turn into mist for one second, it has a 20 second cooldown, which basically means that it can only be used once. It is simply like a teleport that is slower and tells people where you are going.

in Suggestions

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

Currently burst damage is so incredibly high that the down state is necessary. Reduce burst damage by about 50% and then they could eventually remove the down state, but otherwise, it would break the game.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

in Suggestions

Stiv.1820

You can hardly think of the elementalist downed state change as a buff. Elementalist easily has the worst downed state. They can turn into mist for one second, it has a 20 second cooldown, which basically means that it can only be used once. It is simply like a teleport that is slower and tells people where you are going.

In WvW you now have an invincibility tether in range of any keep since you can go through doors in your downed state.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

My only problem with it is how annoying it is when you are out manned. I got in a fight 1v4, dropped 2 then I dropped, I was able to pick one off and rally but the first 2 guys got themselves back up also. Now it’s 3v1 and I got nothing left. Doesn’t matter that I out leveled, out geared or out played them. I just had no chance what so ever. (Btw I play a Guard)

At the same time with the amount of AoE burst that can be done by some classes with out a rally feature people would just migrate to those classes only. I don’t know about you but I enjoy seeing more then longbow rangers, spin to win thief and fire eles in wvw.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

@Kneemin – I have never seen that, I will test, thanks for pointing it out.

Ranger is fine, not sure why folks would group it as weak. Given that the pet stays alive and has different abilities to help the ranger via raw damage output or interrupts of a stomp, it seems fine and as appropriately annoying as most of the classes.

Necro’s #3 does huge damage, to much, imo. Happy to have it changed to another fear or interrupt of some kind, or something to do with their pets.

I think engineer is fine, guardian is fine, thief is fine, they have various tools and at least one interrupt, no outrageous damage output.

Elementalist could use an interrupt. The mist thing is pretty powerful, the only class in the game that can use a keep/tower portal while downed. I had a elementalist toss himself off a cliff on me the other day. I didnt get a kill, so I assume he didnt take fall damage and res’d at the bottom. I laughed, thought it was a nice use of the skill. I would move mist to #3 and add an interrupt to #2

Mesmer I think is the best in the game, to much damage potential while downed while at the same time being time consuming to cap. Needs an overhaul, imo.

Warrior should have the ability to get back up and fight replaced with another interrupt of some kind.

My view of balance for downed abilities is:

1) low damage attack: everyone regardless of class and stats should do similar damage with this ability

2) stomp interrupt: everyone should have a way to interrupt at least one stomp. It should be accessible soon after dying

3) utility: this is where it will vary greatly by class, but I think this should all be low damage abilities, heal ability, or stomp interrupt ability

4) heal ability, everyone regardless of build or class should heal similar amount with this ability

To me downed should be focused on staying alive and getting back up, not being a contributing member of the fight.

~ AoN ~

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sniku.6837

Sniku.6837

i vote for removeing down state

in Suggestions

Posted by: Galneon.5096

Galneon.5096

I’d love to see downed state totally removed from WvW. It makes a joke of the gravity of the situation and is a deterrent from skilled solo play.

Seawrack – Mesmer
[FINE] – Northern Shiverpeaks

in Suggestions

ianervan.7915

Shadow: “You can hardly think of the elementalist downed state change as a buff. Elementalist easily has the worst downed state. They can turn into mist for one second”

Mist lasts for 3 seconds which is extremely long time to reach safety. It’s by far the best downed skill in WvW, no contest.

Mesmer I think is the best in the game, to much damage potential while downed while at the same time being time consuming to cap. Needs an overhaul, imo.

I think you lack experience. The normal mesmer downed state does nothing but move you 3 meters in random direction. Random direction. Often worse direction. How is this overpowered? And you always know which one is the mesmer because of triangle. This skill is also completely useless if your enemy goes into stealth, because the skill doesn’t work without enemy in range. It also doesn’t work always; if you teleport too close to where you were, enemy will finish you off anyway, with first stomp. And, I sometimes avoid using #2 mesmer downed skill because if you do use it, you might die since your ally will be rezing your clone instead of you. The only people who think mesmer #2 is a strong downed skill are inexperienced players, and you can’t balance the game around that.

What you’re talking about above is mesmer downed skill #3 which you almost never use as a mesmer (99% cases) because 20 seconds after you’re downed, you’re dead. There’s a huge difference between skill #2 and skill #3, and you cannot compare other professions skill #2 with mesmer skill #3, it’s completely pointless. Mesmer #3 does some damage.. wow big deal, it does some damage. It doesn’t rez you faster and in 99% cases it won’t make a difference anyway. I’d take elementalist #2 downed skill over both mesmer #2 and #3, any day. Now, I am not saying mesmer #3 isn’t a nice skill compared to #3 of most other professions, but it’s a skill you can use 20 seconds after being downed. This isn’t 1 v 1 arena. In WvW, being down for 20sec almost never happens, and when it does the skill is almost never a game changer. Compare that to ele #2 which can easily do two of the following: it can instantly move ele downed body behind the zerg, where ele gets instantly rezed by 50 allies; or, if defending a tower, it instantly puts you inside the tower where no one can damage you.

My ranking list of downed states in WvW:

1. Ele

5. Thief

10. Everyone else

in Suggestions

Posted by: psirca.9452

psirca.9452

I rarely expect my mesmer downed skills to pull me up so I’ll agree with that one.
So what if I move away for a stomp, the stomp will normally hit me anyway.
My heal is usually on CD anyway when I fall, that’s real fun, think I have time to wait?
I’m not sure why that can be on CD when I dropped and didn’t use it but that’s how it is.
Why is it too that lots of times I lose my target when I go down, so now I have to tab around and find someone weak, what about just letting me have who I had targetted still, they were probably hit at least once

I’ve got no problem with downed skills, in fact, I think they are so weak I’m pondering using food to buff them.

I’ve also got no problem with people rezzing, it makes someone push more often leading to more intensity with enemy players on both sides. Seeing someone down is when my heart beats faster… it’s almost a kill… can I get them dead before someone helps them? Dare I push toward a stomp for quicker access?

Games need rollercoasters and that rez feature is a rollercoaster, for the downed person and the players trying to eat them. It exhibits an emergency call and makes people react quickly. Just seeing those icons on a map (and you do) make me run toward a fight where people are dying, it’s bound to be good.

(edited by psirca.9452)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I’ve also got no problem with people rezzing, it makes someone push more often leading to more intensity with enemy players on both sides. Seeing someone down is when my heart beats faster… it’s almost a kill… can I get them dead before someone helps them? Dare I push toward a stomp for quicker access?

Games need rollercoasters and that rez feature is a rollercoaster, for the downed person and the players trying to eat them.

I’ve seen it likened to why the mushrooms in Mario scroll to the right; they’re something to chase. But yes, I think this is definitely one of the better reasons to keep the downed state in the game- It’s an opportunity which carries a risk.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Suggestions

Posted by: SpaceLord.4590

SpaceLord.4590

Downed state is fine in my opinion.

Dead state needs a Max time limit so people do not lay somewhere giving info to their teams.

Haaaa Key Puck (80) Norn Mesmer (80) Asura Engineer-Protocol [PRO]
Devona’s Rest

in Suggestions

Posted by: BAEK.8561

BAEK.8561

I don’t really have any problem with downed players in WvW.

Actually, I have a problem with dead people being rezzed. It’s like you can never kill anyone in a large zerg even if you managed to down AND kill them, because they will just get rezzed.

{Sanctum of Rall} Since Day -3
Weekend Guardian/Elementalist
No Guild Affiliation

in Suggestions

Posted by: Musty.3148

Musty.3148

+10000

just get rid of it,

It encourages zerging which leads to many other related problems such as culling, low fps, bad play, gingivitis, low sperm count, etc.

80 Elementalist/80 Mesmer/80 Guardian/80 Thief
Now Musty Britches since someone decided Shortbus Rider was offensive… [LoS] [NSP]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Its a great feature and skilled players are able to use it to their advantage to dominate even more due to their skill.

Of course there are less skilled players who die to it. But there are also less skilled players who get owned by not dodging out of the fire and they want the fire nerfed too.

If you are a small group you need to manage downed states effectively. It takes practice and skill and my advice to Op would be to learn how to manage it. That way he will realise what he said in OP is complete rubbish. Downed states dont effect how easy it is to stomp a bigger zergs of lesser players.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eicherjw.3926

Eicherjw.3926

It’s also not balanced at all. Rangers can stomp block 1 person while guardians get an AOE stomp block. Mesmers are just OP with thier down skills while elementalists get a 3 second fog and a garbage attack spell.

in Suggestions

Stiv.1820

It scales with how many coordinated players are in the group. You can say it’s great for 10 vs 30 and it is if the 30 are just randoms, but if the 30 were as coordinated as the 10 then there would be no chance for the 10 ever, even if they are much more skilled.

in Suggestions

Kardiamond.6952

Its a great feature and skilled players are able to use it to their advantage to dominate even more due to their skill.

Of course there are less skilled players who die to it. But there are also less skilled players who get owned by not dodging out of the fire and they want the fire nerfed too.

If you are a small group you need to manage downed states effectively. It takes practice and skill and my advice to Op would be to learn how to manage it. That way he will realise what he said in OP is complete rubbish. Downed states dont effect how easy it is to stomp a bigger zergs of lesser players.

Such an easy answer : " You are all bad, I’m good and I have no issue. But I won’t say what I’m doing better then everyone else".

You lack any kind of explanation, please be more specific about how you counter a zerg rezing.

Necro doing too much damage? I don’t have any issue again other necro when I have to down them. Make them waste their fear, then finish. They will damage you for like 5 second? and it hit for about 200 damage. Mind blast or rock throw by warrior ca hit for 1.5k. Sure it slower, but still a lot more damaging then necro.

And changing our downed state for something with our pet? That alone say you never played a necro. 80% of necro doesn’t use pet in WvW. They just die right away, or idle in the middle of the fight.

And mist form not being a buff? Are you really that crazy? Since the update, it’s prolly one of the strongest skill. You know you can port behind door? You die in a Zerg fight? Just port behind you zerg and wait for a respawn. You can also travel to the nearest mob, to kill him and rally! So many utility on the same spell.

Ranger, like I said I can tlak too much about it since I didn’t play one. But like necro, I never had any issue killing them? Do they even have an interrupt?

Mesmer : You guys make your #2 look worse then it actually is. It’s really annoying, and 95% of the time you won’t be in range for a stomp. And you forgot to talk about your mindblast #1, that can crit for 1.5k. The first time it happened to me, I couldn’t believe it how hard it was hiting.

I don’t say you have the best downed state, but your #2 is a lot better then you say.