Remove Legendary Weapons

Remove Legendary Weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Remove Legendary Weapons by making them exotic weapons.

Reasons why this is a good idea:
*upgrade components will decide how good a weapon is.
*You can’t use every Legendary Weapon you find but you can use every upgrade component.
*Legendary Weapons have the same stats as exotics anyways. So it still comes down to you upgrade components.

Remove Legendary Weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Azaziel.3608

Azaziel.3608

Reasons why this is a bad idea:

• Many people already complain about this game having very little late game goals, this would reduce even more the amount of such goals.
  • If they have the same stats as exotics it doesn’t hurt anybody that they exist or not, not beyond the point of pure envy that is.

Remove Legendary Weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

They are legendary in that you are required to put forth an extra-ordinary amount of effort to craft them.

Take a look at real “legendary” weapons throughout the real world such as Alexander The Great’s chestplate. It is real, it is preserved, yet it is no stronger than any other armor for the time it was constructed. What makes it legendary is who wore it and what that item has seen. …or in the case of weapons, who’s blood it has tasted.

It is no different here, they are no more stronger than any other weapon, they simply look different and require effort to attaign. Nothing wrong with this.

Remove Legendary Weapons

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

Legendary Weapons are really just Rare Exotics anyways. I don’t want every new skin to be limited to just Legendary Weapons.

Remove Legendary Weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

Legendary Weapons are really just Rare Exotics anyways. I don’t want every new skin to be limited to just Legendary Weapons.

Every new skin will not be legendary

Remove Legendary Weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bluee.1425

Bluee.1425

You may not like it, but the overall concept is great. Legendary weapons are Legendary for a reason and they give good reason for players to stay in the game a bit longer to get it. Not just buy it off Trading Post.

Commander Champion Magus Bluee of Rata Sum Security [RSS]

Remove Legendary Weapons

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

Games should be about fun not grinding for hard find items.

Remove Legendary Weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

Then don’t grind for them. Legendaries have the exact same stats as any exotic. They simply look different (in my opinion many of them look worse than more easily attained counterparts) and there is nothing forcing you to get them. They do the same damage, have the same stats, and even use available sigils. You do the grind for the look, nothing more.

Remove Legendary Weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: DavidGX.1723

DavidGX.1723

No one is forcing you to grind for a legendary if that’s not what you have fun doing it. It’s completely optional since they aren’t any more powerful that exotics.

Remove Legendary Weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

The problem is , tons of players me included , have fun farming these items.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

Remove Legendary Weapons

in Suggestions

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Don’t like it? Don’t do it. It’s entirely cosmetic and a considerable amount of players (including myself) enjoy embarking on a long journey to have one. You’re not forced to get one. At all.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief