Remove Quickness

Remove Quickness

in Suggestions

Posted by: SameHH.1048

SameHH.1048

Please remove quickness from sPvP, it’s just stupid and I’m not going to explain why because you already know

Remove Quickness

in Suggestions

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

Everyone has access to quickness. However if you’re going to cry about Frenzy HB or Thieves then no one can help you there.

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

Remove Quickness

in Suggestions

SameHH.1048

I play an Engineer and have quickness myself, but overall across all characters its absurd to have double DPS.

Remove Quickness

in Suggestions

Posted by: Corebot.2701

Corebot.2701

I agree, quickness is dumb. i use rage sigils just for those amazing few seconds of WTF that I get when it procs. And then I feel guilty because I literally did NOTHING but was doing more damage to my opponent.

Remove Quickness

in Suggestions

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

It’d be nice if it functioned as it did in GW1. There were many ways to get an IAS, not all were 33%, and the ones that were were usually very high recharge, especially for that game, and didn’t last long, or required a specific way of activating them, or had major drawbacks.

In GW2 the drawbacks aren’t really there, aside from the Warrior. Even then, because of stuns and the nature of Conquest (limiting combat to just one or two people at once to cover more area), you can circumvent that almost entirely, as there aren’t four or five more people to punish you for trying it. And of course, no stance cancelling to give the whole concept additional depth. (And even if there were, there’s not enough slots to accommodate such a thing since most are now locked to weapon, healing or elite.)

Remove Quickness

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sharpclaw.7510

Sharpclaw.7510

Decrease speed boost, minor increase to duration if needed. Done. The main issue is the x2 rate more than anything else. For some builds that is excessive.

Similarly, you increase the risk/reward factor. Increase potential incoming damage on warriors to 75%, have Haste both drain a thief’s endurance and make them gain revealed status for the 4s, etc, etc..

Remove Quickness

in Suggestions

Posted by: Asmodean.7123

Asmodean.7123

Quickness is fine and I’m happy with it.

Remove Quickness

in Suggestions

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

I support the OP, many professions are getting unnecessary nerfs because of it, if it is removed from the game balance will be achieved much more easily…

Remove Quickness

in Suggestions

Posted by: Prince.3682

Prince.3682

Modify quickness a bit and you’ll be much closer to a balanced game. No need to remove it, it can still be strong, just tweak it a bit for speed %

Remove Quickness

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gilgamesh.2561

Gilgamesh.2561

Quickness as it stands is broken. Make it speed up cooldowns instead or nerf it some.

Remove Quickness

in Suggestions

Posted by: Professor Munchies.8472

Professor Munchies.8472

L2confuse your enemy, the more skills they cast the more dmg they take simple

Remove Quickness

in Suggestions

Posted by: cainejw.7142

cainejw.7142

Everyone has access to quickness. However if you’re going to cry about Frenzy HB or Thieves then no one can help you there.

Incorrect. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Quickness

Necromancers and Elementalists do not have quickness on demand. They can only gain it through on-chance runes. Guardians only have it when using the book.

Remove Quickness

in Suggestions

Posted by: KieronWolf.5108

KieronWolf.5108

Having a straight +100% attack speed boost is pretty over the top; and this is coming from a Mesmer. Make it +33% at least because that boon is in a league of its own.

Remove Quickness

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I agree with the OP.

As an example, Assassin’s Singet, a 50% damage increase on a single attack, was somehow deemed overpowered, yet a 100% DPS increase is somehow ok?

No matter the downsides, Quickness just leads to absurd burst situations which this game really doesn’t need any more of.

Remove Quickness

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zyrusticae.7245

Zyrusticae.7245

Quickness wouldn’t be a problem if all three downsides were combined and applied on every form of it.

That is to say, no healing, no endurance, AND +50% received damage. DONE. It is now balanced. Nobody will ever use it because it’s pure suicide – as it should be considering how ridiculously borked +100% DPS is.

Alternatively, cut the speed boost in half and give everyone the same downside warriors have (no endurance and no healing can’t even compare to +50% received damage).

Giving different classes’ quickness different downsides just stinks of trying to be different for the sake of being different, no matter how badly it screws over balance.

Remove Quickness

in Suggestions

Posted by: rickshaw.5279

rickshaw.5279

Quickness wouldn’t be a problem if all three downsides were combined and applied on every form of it.

That is to say, no healing, no endurance, AND +50% received damage. DONE. It is now balanced. Nobody will ever use it because it’s pure suicide – as it should be considering how ridiculously borked +100% DPS is.

I agree with this sentiment.

The problem is the inconsistency in which quickness debuffage slathered amongst the classes. If you made it so that every form of quickness fell in line with all of the debuffs associated with it in it’s various forms across the platform then I would have zero issue with it.

Remove Quickness

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lutharr.1035

Lutharr.1035

hundred thousand million blades + quickness = dead things. I love it

Go back to WoW. Most overused brainless arguement 2012-2013

Remove Quickness

in Suggestions

Posted by: BabelFish.7234

BabelFish.7234

Having a straight +100% attack speed boost is pretty over the top; and this is coming from a Mesmer. Make it +33% at least because that boon is in a league of its own.

Which is why I’ve spec’d my thief into quickness+might every time I dodge. You have no idea how broken that is…

Remove Quickness

in Suggestions

SameHH.1048

L2confuse your enemy, the more skills they cast the more dmg they take simple

The thing is, people have learned to do setups for quickness, how can I confuse when I get knocked back and a warrior is hitting my with HB with double the speed? I’m dead before I get up! Also with my Engineer I can do many setups to use my 5 seconds of quickness that you can’t counter or have time to confuse me, don’t defend quickness, it is broken.

Remove Quickness

in Suggestions

Posted by: Batlav.6318

Batlav.6318

Remove it from the game not only spvp 2 seconds fights are not fun

SFR

Remove Quickness

in Suggestions

Posted by: Doomsayer.8250

Doomsayer.8250

I think they should halve the bonus (ie: 50% increase), double the duration, and have the negative effect persist after the Quickness buff has expired.

It really should be a choice between the added damage versus screwing yourself over if things go awry. At the moment, there’s no real thought to whether or not to use it; the answer is always going to be “yes!”.

Remove Quickness

in Suggestions

Posted by: Elementalist Owner.7802

Elementalist Owner.7802

I agree with this post in all of it’s entirety. In Guild Wars 1, the skill Frenzy gave only +33% attack speed, while you received +100% damage. This was a very balanced skill; still used in certain builds, but not completely overpowered (like quickness). I don’t see why ANet decided to take away all of the necessary deterrents that perfected Frenzy and call it “quickness.”

The Art of Roaming [gank]