Remove Soul Bound, Replace with Account Bound

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sondergaard.8469

Sondergaard.8469

I loath the use of soul binding for the sake of having it. Is it even necessary in a game like guild wars? I would much rather see soul bound replaced with account bound, especially considering a number of the items that are soul bound to characters I have paid real money on the skins in one form or another.

Advantages of removing soul bound in favor of account bound:
1. Increase consumer confidence in purchasing goods through the trading post, knowing that they are making a purchase that can be shared across their account.
2. It retains the theory of keeping items out of the market and reducing inflation. Many will still likely purchase a second set for the convenience factor.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

they could sell a soul bound remover crystal in the gem store.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Agramon.4278

Agramon.4278

must be for legendaries!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Toast.6459

Toast.6459

I’ve wracked my brain trying to figure out why they added it for GW2. GW1 offered customization, where a weapon became bound to a certain character and gained a 20% damage increase and towards the end HoM points for Tormented weapons and the like, and all armor was bound to the character that bought it, but weapons could be cycled around as much as you wanted unless customized. Honestly I’d rather see an approach like that brought back, except maybe not the damage increase since that could prove a bit unbalanced, maybe 10-20% MF or something.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jedi Master Pyro.8716

Jedi Master Pyro.8716

Everything needs to be just able to trade or account bound.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

It makes the game too easy though. I’m not one of those elitists that complain about everything being to easy, I love that I can sit down and play just about anything I want to do in this game, but being able to just pass gear/items around from character to character just seems cheap to me. It’s lazy and would ultimately crash the economy if no one ever needed to buy anything, ever.

in Suggestions

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

This!

100 Gems for a Rare item soul dis-bound Crystal
250 Gems for an Exotic item disbound Crystal (an item can cost a lot more with rune of Divinity so..)

Legendary items are permanent, they stick forever. Sorry.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Agramon.4278

Agramon.4278

This!

100 Gems for a Rare item soul dis-bound Crystal
250 Gems for an Exotic item disbound Crystal (an item can cost a lot more with rune of Divinity so..)

Legendary items are permanent, they stick forever. Sorry.

lol r u kidding? 100gem for rare item and 250gem for exotic? u can get any rare item for silver and exotic ones same..

main problem is ascended items and legendaries..

(edited by Agramon.4278)