Remove Waypoint cost on a death (once an hour or less)

Remove Waypoint cost on a death (once an hour or less)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Healerith.5921

Healerith.5921

On of the biggest complaints I have seen in this game is the amount of silver it costs to waypoint frequently. I agree that making them cost a few silver makes sense so that players are encouraged to explore the world rather than zip through it. However I also think that paying for a Waypoint after a death is penalizing players twice. Our gear is already damaged and if we die more than once the amount goes way up.

I propose to eliminate waypoint travel expense on a death. To prevent exploitation of this I suggest that it only works in the map you are currently in and perhaps has an internal cooldown timer of one hour or less. Here is my main reasoning behind this, as we level up many waypoints in the 60+ zones become contested frequently or nearly always. This creates a need to waypoint even further away than we would choose to do at an increased expense. This is unfair to be penalized twice, one by damaged gear, and once by something completely out of our control (events).

This is a minor change that wouldn’t effect the economy yet would effect a players enjoyment of the game. If there is one constant theme in this amazing game it is that every detail of a players experience is designed to make the game an enjoyable and memorable playing experience.