Remove Weapon Cooldown

Remove Weapon Cooldown

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aeranima.2853

Aeranima.2853

I want the cooldown on weapons removed. By this I mean when you switch to another weapon.
Why would you “wait” a “little while” until you decide to switch? Imagine if this was irl, that would be very wierd. The idea is useless/pointless and should be removed. This way you get more intense fighting when jumping back and forth between ranged and close-ranged weapons. And it would be a lot more fun. At least for me as a thief.

Aeranima aka Aeonixus in game.

Xifix | Thief

Remove Weapon Cooldown

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaldo.4170

Kaldo.4170

It’s for balancing purposes, not gonna get changed. Why would you even complain as a thief, don’t you have very low cooldowns anyway since you have to manage it with initiative?

Remove Weapon Cooldown

in Suggestions

Posted by: marianitten.1247

marianitten.1247

I want the cooldown on weapons removed. By this I mean when you switch to another weapon.
Why would you “wait” a “little while” until you decide to switch? Imagine if this was irl, that would be very wierd. The idea is useless/pointless and should be removed. This way you get more intense fighting when jumping back and forth between ranged and close-ranged weapons. And it would be a lot more fun. At least for me as a thief.

The entire gameplay is bases on managing cooldowns… IRL we don’t have giant cats, giant humans, little aliens and lettuce people so.. doesn’t matter.

For Those About to Zerg (We Salute You)

Remove Weapon Cooldown

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

Holy crap we are not in a Fantasy world? Well in that case I support this IDEA 100% REMOVE COOL-DOWNS FORM WEAPON SWAPS YOU HEAR ME ARENA NET REM…… well this is somewhat embarrassing

never mind I was just informed this is a game based on a fantasy idea not reality everything
marianitten.1247
Kaldo.4170
Said

Vote no on prop 8654

Remove Weapon Cooldown

in Suggestions

Aeranima.2853

This is my opinion and my suggestion. If you’re here to embarrass yourself like this, do it elsewhere.

Xifix | Thief

Remove Weapon Cooldown

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

This is my opinion and my suggestion. If you’re here to embarrass yourself like this, do it elsewhere.

I am not embarrassing my self at all. In fact I am simply pointed out the fact that you just compared Real life to a fantasy based game, then no where mentioned that the reason they have CD on weapon swaps is because of a balancing effect.

I men personally sorry if it seems like I am trolling cause that is not the intention, rather I thought it was common sense and knowledge that the reason why we have CD on Weapon Swaps is for balancing. I openly admit that my Vesicious retort may have been a lil over the top, but your primary reason for this suggestion was because in reality we don’t have CD on swapping our weapons.

Remove Weapon Cooldown

in Suggestions

Aeranima.2853

I always compare games to IRL since you want games to feel as realistic (imo) as possible, even if the game is fantasy based.
I honestly believe there’s a lot of people who feel the same way; “Why the hell a CD on weapon swapping?” and a lot of people who’s stuck with the game “itself” and don’t care about the realistic aspects of a game that is supposed to drag you in to its beautiful/realistic/fantasy world. Which in this case is the world of Tyria.

Xifix | Thief

Remove Weapon Cooldown

in Suggestions

Kaimick.5109

I always compare games to IRL since you want games to feel as realistic (imo) as possible, even if the game is fantasy based.
I honestly believe there’s a lot of people who feel the same way; “Why the hell a CD on weapon swapping?” and a lot of people who’s stuck with the game “itself” and don’t care about the realistic aspects of a game that is supposed to drag you in to its beautiful/realistic/fantasy world. Which in this case is the world of Tyria.

Ok Fair enough you view a game or fantasy world with as much realistic symbology to real life as possible. I wont fault you there it is your views bravo.

But you keep asking the question, “Why the hell a CD on weapon swapping?”

We keep telling you why, it is a balancing issue.

Lets be frank for a second and come to a realization that not everything in a game is going to be realistic, there are things we have in Video games that are there for balance and fairness. I mean would you want in the act of fairness that if you died in the world or pvp or wvwv or a dungeon that you had to make a new character all over and never get anything from that character that you earned? I mean in this case the game would fail pretty quickly.

Remove Weapon Cooldown

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

Sigil of energy is Cool , however, it cannot be compared to Sigil of battle ( 3 stacks of might for 20 seconds when you swap weapon in combat) so you swap weapon 10 times in 2 seconds you get 30 stacks of might just like that
So infinite dodge and might – Cool sugestion

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

Remove Weapon Cooldown

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

No because there are sigils that activate on weapon swap that give extra buffs, giving no CD on weapon swamp will just end up with everyone getting full stacks by switching weapons in and out all the time.

Remove Weapon Cooldown

in Suggestions

Aeranima.2853

I’ll stop defending my suggestion here when some of you obviously take me for an idiot.

Kaimick has good arguments. Still I see much sarcasm in your replies.
Rayya & Kaizer don’t understand that the sigils will be re balanced if wep cd was removed.

So keep up the sarcasm, I won’t even bother replying anymore. Lol. What I will do is to give Kaimick one last reply.

Some realism has to be found in games. I am a game developer myself and I’ve developed a few games in my days and I have to say, even if you’re a banana you look for realism in movements; how the banana will act; how the banana will talk (if that feature is put in the game); and how the banana will react to the world you’ve but it in.

However. I am not suggesting that Arenanet go all-in with “Realism” but in regards to realistic movements and weapon swapping they should at least decrease the cd a little. It shouldn’t take 10-20 seconds to switch to another weapon (based on realistic movements) put on my body when it’s in definite reach.

Xifix | Thief

Remove Weapon Cooldown

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zaith.9132

Zaith.9132

Sorry you’ve been getting flac, Aeranima. Here are my thoughts:

Firstly, again with the balance stuff. The cooldown system for EVERYTHING is probably the buggiest and most misrepresented aspect of the game. Half the sigils don’t work correctly when they have a cooldown. Many passive skills have an unmentioned internal cooldown. If weapon swaps were made more frequent, sigils would have to be rebalanced (god forbid they should have to go back and look at elements that are broken to begin with). I’m being sarcastic, obviously, but logistically, it’s a legitimate problem when it comes to time and work.

The second thing is that I played Pen and Paper for 8 years. IRL it takes time and effort to switch weapons. A caster switching in melee in pen and paper… even video games based on pen and paper rules… actually provoke a free attack from their opponent. Think about it. You sheathe two swords and pull the longbow off your back. Your opponent is gonna see that and try to stick you. I’d rather switch instantly every so often than have it take 2 seconds to switch at will. I think they made the right call.

They sacrifice realism by doing something that is actually more beneficial and user friendly (unless, and I’m not being sarcastic this time, you want combat to be more clumsy – RL combat IS more clumsy). Again, not being sarcastic. I know some people would go for this realism.

/me tips transmuted tier-3 crafted hat

Remove Weapon Cooldown

in Suggestions

Aeranima.2853

Zaith. I get the balancing. But 3 seconds as cooldown would be enough for your opponent to react too. Not 20. Still this is my opinion and I respect your’s.

Xifix | Thief

Remove Weapon Cooldown

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

The only class that should have shorter cooldown are Warriors, being the “masters-at-arms” as they are.

Their “Fast Hand” trait should be built into the class.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

(edited by Oglaf.1074)