Remove WvWvW from World Completion

in Suggestions

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

There is a TL;DR version at the very bottom.

World Completion currently is 90% Solo/PvE based, and 10% World vs World based.

Now as someone who personally doesn’t enjoy World vs World content, this suggestion may seem a bit biased, however i can provide some valid points, that i feel anyone would agree with, of course i may be wrong, but the whole point of this suggestion is just that, a suggestion, it doesn’t need to be implemented or even considered, just an opinion that someone has whom feels would make the game slightly better.

Now on to the suggestion.

World Vs World needs to be removed from World completion, simply because it’s pigeon holing players that are working towards world completion, and are enjoying it, because they’re doing so at their own pace, however once you’ve completed all the zones and all that’s remaining is world versus world, you’re forced to be actively playing WvW content in order to get full completion.

Forcing players into content they do not enjoy is not a good marketing scheme.

So here is my suggestion.

Remove the World completion requirement from World Versus World, and give World Versus World it’s own stand alone completion that rewards something relating to World vs World, either a huge chunk of blueprints or something entirely different, I’m not sure what would Appeal to players who actively do this content, so I’ll leave this one open up for debate.

TL;DR As i wrote a lot.

Remove WvW requirement from World Completion and give WvW completion it’s own title/achievement/rewards.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

in Suggestions

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

I support this completely. Requiring WvW completion in map completion is ridiculous because:

1) Success is based on your server.
2) You can easily earn 500 badges without completing the WvW map – or even coming close – ESPECIALLY in the Eternal Battlegrounds.

3) Completionists are a drain on their server’s performance in WvW. They might follow the zerg to get things done, but they will frequently break off to collect Skill Points, Vistas, and Points of Interest. Meanwhile, an actual WvW player may be waiting on a queue timer.

in Suggestions

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Exactly this, thank you Duke for further proving the point. :-)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orc Slayer.2780

Orc Slayer.2780

Now as someone who personally doesn’t enjoy World vs World content, this suggestion may seem a bit biased, however i can provide some valid points, that i feel anyone would agree with, of course i may be wrong, but the whole point of this suggestion is just that, a suggestion, it doesn’t need to be implemented or even considered, just an opinion that someone has whom feels would make the game slightly better.

World Vs World needs to be removed from World completion, simply because it’s pigeon holing players that are working towards world completion, and are enjoying it, because they’re doing so at their own pace, however once you’ve completed all the zones and all that’s remaining is world versus world, you’re forced to be actively playing WvW content in order to get full completion.

Remove the World completion requirement from World Versus World, and give World Versus World it’s own stand alone completion that rewards something relating to World vs World, either a huge chunk of blueprints or something entirely different, I’m not sure what would Appeal to players who actively do this content, so I’ll leave this one open up for debate.

TL;DR As i wrote a lot.

Remove WvW requirement from World Completion and give WvW completion it’s own title/achievement/rewards.

1. what is TL;DR
2. This has already been posted a lot. Go RESEARCH the forums and add to it so the dev’s know how popular it is instead of just posting a new one. Please switch or delete this thread

in Suggestions

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

I agree jumping puzzles should not be in WvW. That is a total waste for both the WvW players and the compeltionists. As for the world I see no issue. You can still get 100% map while helping out your team.

I’m not sure how you can get 500 badges and not be close to having a 100% map. There is a fair amount of dead time where the battles are focused elsewhere and a few people are left to defend an area or map. You may not be able to knock out all 4 maps in 2hrs, but with the way the servers rotate, there should be no issue getting all points of interest in a few weeks.

2) You can easily earn 500 badges without completing the WvW map – or even coming close – ESPECIALLY in the Eternal Battlegrounds.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GuardianOMS.8067

GuardianOMS.8067

You can still solo WvW map completion, it’s just a matter of waiting for your server to be the right color or cap a certain objective. You do not have to work with anyone, in extreme circumstances you also had/have the option of switching servers for a bit (yeah, I know this is an expensive and poor solution, but it is still an option). All of your problems would be solved if we rotated colors more often. Which would make WvW and PvE players happy.

It’s called WORLD completion for a reason. You are attempting to complete something, it may contain elements you do not fully enjoy. That is part of the battle with attempting to 100% anything. It is not something you are required to do, it’s a choice whether it’s for enjoyment, a legendary, a star, or a title.

Sgt Killjoy – “Pedantic” “babe” and “bff” of Saiyr
The devs don’t care about WvW so I’m gonna kill players in PvE!

in Suggestions

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Guardian just proved why Anet implemented this in the first place. World completion is completely optional and mainly for the gift of exploration for legendaries. This is supposed to be a long process and including WvW in the map completion process does exactly that. It is also a way for Anet to involve players with multiple content in their game and explore new options. Whether you continue it is completely your decision.

Säïnt

in Suggestions

JoshuaRAWR.4653

A lot of you are missing the point, and i can only assume that you’ve either got world completion done, or are active WvW players.

Let’s put it like this, you go through 90% of the game thinking that you can solo 100% of the map, at your own pace, in your own time, without having to rely on other players.
You’re then told at the very last point that you have to indulge in WvW to gain the remaining 10%.

This causes several problems, i’ll name a few.

If you’re on a server that completely sucks in WvW, certain skillpoints, places of interests and vista can take weeks, if not months to get.

You’re reliant on other players in order to get a Place of interest or Vista, as some of them are located in keeps, and with the way WvW currently works, sometimes the active WvW guilds on servers see these keeps as a waste of time and not worth the effort, further increasing the chance that you’ll never get said location marked on the map.

You’re effectively forced into either queuing up and hoping you get into WvW every 30-60 minutes, or stay in wvw doing content you have no appreciation for, or going afk and taking up a slot that would be of better use to someone who enjoys wvw.

You don’t make an aspect of the game based entirely on Solo and actual world completion, then force the player to spend the remaining 10% exploring 4 areas which are not only reliant on other players, but also on the server, and might i add 3 of these maps are the exact same.

World Vs World can have exploration, it wouldn’t make sense for it to not have it, but you don’t tie it to world completion, otherwise why isn’t Spvp tied to it? That has PoI’s in the mists as well, makes just as much sense to have that built in as well.

It’s called WORLD completion for a reason.

Why aren’t the PoI’s in dungeons a requirement for World completion? What about the mists? They’re more in the world than World Vs World is.

(edited by JoshuaRAWR.4653)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

I wholeheartly agree!

It’s called WORLD completion for a reason.

And the WvW realm is not part of ‘the world’ so what’s your point?

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Suggestions

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Thanks for the support Windu!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

Self proclaimed pro pvper: kitten noob pve people, get out of wvwvw, stop exploring and free upspace for us über-pvpers….

Self proclaimed pro pvper on forum: kitten noob pve players, stop moaning about getting world completion requiring wvwvw,get in there

….

Um….

in Suggestions

Posted by: Taril.8619

Taril.8619

I happen to do a lot of WvW (I spend about 50% of my time there)

I’m currently 4 PoI and 4 Vista’s away from 100% map completion.

Those last remaining PoI’s and Vista’s happen to be inside Towers and Keep that my server rarely owns (They’re the ones closest to various colours sides, and my server group hasn’t changed colour in the few months I’ve been there)

Making WvW not required, or even making the points in WvW accessible without needing to own all the different keeps and towers (I.E. Have them not inside them) would make it much friendlier to do, without the pressure of having to join a zerg if you don’t want to nor feel the need to buy a server transfer to get completion if your server doesn’t happen to be dominating the other 2 while you’re trying to get completion.

“Pull the trigger, move out ahead,
There’s two kinds of people… The quick and the dead”

in Suggestions

Posted by: SHM.7628

SHM.7628

+1 agree wholeheartedly

in Suggestions

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Exactly Taril, if the Places of Interested and Vistas were accessible without owning the keeps, by having the places of interest unlocked when you walk up to the front gate of each keep, and the vistas in a different location would probably be a better idea.

in Suggestions

GuardianOMS.8067

Why aren’t the PoI’s in dungeons a requirement for World completion? What about the mists? They’re more in the world than World Vs World is.

Are you listening to yourself? You’re complaining that there isn’t more stuff to get but the battle grounds in WORLD vs WORLD are what have you crying?

ANet found a way to force PvErs to get their kitten in a different part of the game. This is something developers have done since the dawn of time. If you want to do something, but you think a part of it is not fun, then don’t do it or suck it up. No one is forcing you to do anything. You don’t have to do anything. You are literally grinding for a star, title, legendary or your own enjoyment. If the case is the latter, you can stop at any point. I know this is a straw man argument “well if you don’t like it, don’t do it” but the point of the completion is to explore and get you in WvW and simply for you to try it. Whether or not you like it does not effect the reason for it being implemented in the first place.

(edited by GuardianOMS.8067)

in Suggestions

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Are you listening to yourself? You’re complaining that there isn’t more stuff to get but the battle grounds in WORLD vs WORLD are what have you crying?

I’m not complaining that there isn’t more stuff to get, i was using it as an example, it makes more sense for Points of Interest in dungeons to count towards world completion, but they don’t, so why does World Versus World? It’s a completely different shard that isn’t even visible on the world map unless you’re there, meaning it’s a completely different region entirely.

And as i’ve said, i’ve tried World Versus World, i do not enjoy it, it’s not what i enjoy, it’s a mess, joining 50 people as they zerg a gate, barely being able to tell what’s going on while mindlessly smashing 1 with a ranged weapon on a gate isn’t what i call fun, if you enjoy that, then good for you, but it’s not for everyone.

Making 90% of world completion completely available to solo players, who can do it in their own time, at their own pace, then forcing the remaining 10% to be fully reliant on the server you’re on is just a stupid idea.

You should NOT force players into content they do not enjoy to complete something that was previously 90% Solo based.

I’d appreciate it if you’d read ALL of my posts before commenting again, because you’re not even coming up with counter arguments, just merely saying “Don’t like it don’t do it”, when i’ve provided valid points as to why it’s a stupid game mechanic and needs to be changed.

Going by your mentality, if you don’t like my suggestion, don’t post.

(edited by JoshuaRAWR.4653)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

My personal opinion on world completion overall is that it should be segmented. I think the world completion that we have, minus WvW, should be considered Tyrian World Completion. Then, with the WvW stuff, plus anything else mists related there should be a Mists World Completion. This could be how they continue to add new content to the game without ruining the world completion for those who have the main completion. This isn’t very much different from the way they had Tyrian Cartographer, Elonian Cartographer, and Canthan Cartographer. It still leaves it there visible for players who are completionists to push them to try out WvW, but it will leave the regular players who have no interest in going there with an alternative while still getting their Gifts of Exploration. I personally see this as having a large badge on the main log in menu for world completion plus smaller badges in a circle around it that represent the other completions players can get, this can even be incorporated into the little star that appears next to world completers’ names.

in Suggestions

JoshuaRAWR.4653

That’s a great idea Narcemus, thanks for providing a constructive and well formatted post. :-)

in Suggestions

GuardianOMS.8067

Going by your mentality, if you don’t like my suggestion, don’t post.

People like you need to hear the other side of the spectrum and hopefully you can see that not pandering to you is not the end of the world.

Please explain to me why it is so terrible for game developers to say you you need to come out of your comfort zone to complete something? The fact that you don’t like it is not a determinate on why they do it. It’s to get you to EXPLORE another part of the game.

(edited by GuardianOMS.8067)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

Yes, but even WvW players agree that it’s not only a burden on the player forced to go into WvW and attempt to complete, but it is a burden on them being down on active players. It does not promote players supporting their homeworld in instances where stats never change and people are stuck in the same position for months, instead it pushes them to move to different homeworlds to get a shot to complete. And before you say just wait, things will change, it doesn’t happen in a world where the two higher ranked groups just take out the lowest ranked one and are content with just splitting the whole world in half (and yes this happens). And before you say this is just the complaint of someone who wants a free handout, I have gotten full world completion by switching homeworlds before it required gems. My only intention is to try and give ideas for this game to improve for all parties.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Overkillengine.6084

Overkillengine.6084

It’s the same old design of trying to force pver’s into a pvp map they don’t want to be on by dangling a completion carrot in front of them.

It was poor design in the past and it continues to be poor design now, regardless of who implements it or why. Some people will never enjoy being forced into pvp areas to obtain a reward that has little to no specific relevance to pvp.

Edit: And I say this as someone that has enjoyed more than a few nights of WvWvW. If you don’t want to be there of your own initiative; then I don’t want you there either as you are far more likely to be taking up space that someone who wanted to be there could have used.

A fairer solution would have been to offer a pve and pvp route to creating Legendaries; but for some reason Anet has not done that despite one of their stated policies being to play what content you want.

(edited by Overkillengine.6084)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

I agree jumping puzzles should not be in WvW. That is a total waste for both the WvW players and the compeltionists. As for the world I see no issue. You can still get 100% map while helping out your team.

I’m not sure how you can get 500 badges and not be close to having a 100% map. There is a fair amount of dead time where the battles are focused elsewhere and a few people are left to defend an area or map. You may not be able to knock out all 4 maps in 2hrs, but with the way the servers rotate, there should be no issue getting all points of interest in a few weeks.

That’s entirely dependent on your server and how they are performing against the other servers.

While I got my 500 badges, the EB was more or less stalemated – some progress here and there, but large segments of the map never changed hands.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gaveroth.3285

Gaveroth.3285

I complete agree.

WvW is no skill zerg xxxxxRxxxxxxAxxxxxPxxxxxxxExxxxxx!

Trying to finish map completion and unable to do so because you’re not rolling with 50+ coordinated players is 100% fail.

Whoever came up with that crack smoking idea needs to back to design school or stop playing designer.

(edited by Gaveroth.3285)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

1. what is TL;DR

“Too lazy, didn’t read”

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Suggestions

Posted by: Faux Play.6104

Faux Play.6104

You change colors on EB. You may have the same color for more than one week, but it is not for months on end like others try to make you belive. With the weekly rotations you should be easily able to pick up all the vistas. If you got 500 badges in one week with out doing any pve stuff that is a ton of WvW. I have less than 200 badges and I’ve completed the maps on 2 characters. I only play it for the montlys or if I’m bored.

That’s entirely dependent on your server and how they are performing against the other servers.

While I got my 500 badges, the EB was more or less stalemated – some progress here and there, but large segments of the map never changed hands.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Abissal.6975

Abissal.6975

I agree with the original poster. At the moment in Tier 1 it is officially impossible to get full world completion because of WvW because we’ve been the same servers for more than 2 months and the team colors don’t change around so you can’t get the points inside the garrisons .

@ Faux Play: Yes it is the same color if the servers or rankings don’t change. Desolation’s been red team for 2 months now.

100% Dedicated to playing necro only, aka full-time masochist.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

The only point of world completion is to get gift of exploration for legendary. You ALSO need badges for legendary. Put 2 and 2 together.
Stop complaining, you will have your gift of exploration ca. 1000hrs before you get your legendary.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

in Suggestions

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

Im tired of being on a losing server (the middle server) and not being able to complete this at all- And I do not feel like spending 79g to switch servers in hopes that the are in control of the specific area that I need.
I would have to switch servers twice or become apart of the largest zerg WvW has ever seen and take everything.

in Suggestions

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

I support this 100%. While you are at it, don’t have vistas at the top of jumping puzzles (see Orr).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

Lore-wise, WvW isn’t even part of the world Tyria. It’s actually somewhere in The Mists. If the task is called “World Completion”, then that should be restricted to just the world of Tyria.

Going by this tooltip, why are we trying to find Zhaitan in The Mists? Seems like a strange place to look for looking for any Elder Dragon. Can Elder Dragons even go into The Mists? I mean, I have yet to see a big ugly dragon, whether Elder or just a Champion, terrorize the WvW battlegrounds.

Then again, the medal in my login screen does say “May Completion”, implying that anything deemed a “map” is considered part of that task of completing it. Strangely, “Map Completion” doesn’t include the POIs in dungeons.

I suppose the real request would be to find some consistency amongst the wording of “World Completion”.

Attachments:

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

I have all the WvW maps completed, and I’d be ok with this. Alot of times a majority of the people there are just interested in doing exploration and not helping at all during times when we need every person on the map at a certain location. i’d rather not have them in there and just have people around who are actually interested in fighting.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Yeah. They should remove it and make other stuff to make WvW more interesting instead. At the moment it is boring.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

I prefer to think of it instead as removing world completion from WvW. A pve goal in a pvp game mode makes pvers and pvpers alike sad. Except those bads that like to gank pvers so they can feel like they aren’t bad, but we don’t care about them.

in Suggestions

Having WvW include map completion is a terrible idea because the player’s success gets predicated on something they can’t control. Not only that, but PvE players who are being forced in WvW for map completion are of no use to the WvW players anyway.

Having players in WvW who don’t even want to be there is just not going to work out well.

~Sincerely, Scissors

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tiffianne.9657

Tiffianne.9657

I agree that map completion should not stay the same as it is now. It forces players like me into WvW that dont want to be there. Im not saying it should be taken out maybe changed like some other have commented to not be inside keeps or towers. im stuck at 99% completion because I need 2 POI’s and 2 Vistas that my server never pushes for. I also know my server wont rotate postions or colors because our server will never go down and cant go up.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fred Fargone.3127

Fred Fargone.3127

Uhm… yet another topic about WvW and world completion…

Well, I’ll just put few points down:

1) Nobody is forcing you to do the world completion, therefore, nobody is forcing you to play WvW.
2) World completion is just that, world completiong. Not “PvE completion”. Or “Explorer” or anything like that. It includes two distinct parts that, if we take a look at the average(ish) time it takes to complete both, we get around 50% 50% split between PvE and WvW. For some, PvE part takes considerably longer, for some, WvW takes considerably longer. Simple as that.
3) Your server does not need to dominate WvW for you to be able to do the title
4) “I’m a kitty who runs around naked to protest the current game mechanism” is a silly argument some people like to throw around, or that “I am selfish so I don’t contribute to the servers WvW effort, that benefits us all PvErs or not”. Effectively saying “I’m a kitty so you should change the game for me.” Yes, totally valid argument.
5) If you give world completion for PvE alone, the title loses half of it’s meaning. It becomes so easy, that it loses just about all of its current prestige value. (It’s already relatively easy, so it doesn’t have all that much prestige value, but still, it has some)

People who can argue often offer a good and meaningful conversation about the subject.
People who can’t tend to call the opponent troll, scream something utterly incomprehensible
and finally result to personal insults.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

This has been discussed many times. I can lump most of the opinions into the following shortened versions:

1. The “PvE only” player just wants to PvE and doesn’t want to have to PvP in WvW to complete the world exploration. Plus unlike the rest of the mapping, WvW is gated by how well the server is doing, etc.

2. The “WvW serious” player doesn’t want these mappers interfering with WvW.

3. The player who says “just do it” because that’s the way it is set up.

I think we should consider the following question: Why is it designed this way? What is the possible good outcome?

Mapping WvW caused me to become more familiar with how it is set up. The lay of the land, what is going on, what people are doing, and so on. When my PvE buddies are not in game or when the WvW focused players come to the PvE world and send out the call to arms, I jump in and play for a while. The more I play the more fun I have as long as good commanders are there. I encourage you to look at this as an opportunity. I am not a “PvP centric” person but I find WvW extremely fun. Rather than looking at it as a chore or bad thing you have to do, look at as an opportunity to explore an aspect of gameplay that you might come to enjoy.

Personally, I think this is why Anet has this as part of the world map.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Snow White.9680

Snow White.9680

As a PVE player that did map completion 100% solo, I’m going to say No to this suggestion.

If I can do it, you can do it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Taril.8619

Taril.8619

1) Nobody is forcing you to do the world completion, therefore, nobody is forcing you to play WvW.

No but to get the World Completion (Though considering that WvW isn’t actually part of the “World” of Tyria) which is not only there for the title/star but also a part of getting Legendary Weapons which is an end-game goal for many people (In before – “But you also need Badges of Honour which is gained through WvW” and the obvious counter argument of “WvW Jumping Puzzles don’t require other people to capture the puzzles first and allow PvE players to get a bunch of Badges per day”

2) World completion is just that, world completiong. Not “PvE completion”. Or “Explorer” or anything like that. It includes two distinct parts that, if we take a look at the average(ish) time it takes to complete both, we get around 50% 50% split between PvE and WvW. For some, PvE part takes considerably longer, for some, WvW takes considerably longer. Simple as that.

WvW and PvE completion are different in the fact that PvE can be done at any time, any build and by anyone (Except low level sPvP and tPvP players) without needing to rely on other people in your server working together and people in 2 other servers not.

3) Your server does not need to dominate WvW for you to be able to do the title

Technically no, but your server does need to have captured every Tower and Keep in all of the Borderlands and the Eternal Battlegrounds at some point for you to be able to access many of the Vista’s and Points of Interest. Either that or you need to buy server transfers to move to servers that currently own the places that you need.

The main issue that comes up with the WvW completion is:

• A lot of PvE players want to get World Completion but have little to no interest in WvW
  • A lot of WvW players hate PvE players coming into WvW and not contributing (Similar to the WvW jumping puzzles, but that’s a different thread)
  • WvW completion relies upon people on your server working together and people on other servers not to be able to capture the relevant areas to get the necessary PoI’s and Vistas
  • PvE completion has none of these restrictions and isn’t a problem for WvW players (Other than them becoming bored at the PvE content, which even some PvE players get bored doing)

If it comes down to trying to entice PvE players to become active in WvW, bring in things like Titles, Vanity items and gear that comes from WvW (For example; Dungeon gear is unique in it’s looks and yet WvW has no similar unique looking items) this also has the benefit of helping exclusive WvW players have something to make them stand out (Outside the “Invader” titles that were recently implemented)

“Pull the trigger, move out ahead,
There’s two kinds of people… The quick and the dead”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

I am not a WvW player, have not started getting my legendary, no map completion, etc.

I think a better solution would be to change the team maps whenever WvW restarts. Sure, it’ll require that the player sits around and waits but until then, you can gather up the materials required to craft your legendary which will take a while anyway.

(edited by Mimir.4690)

in Suggestions

Let me just point out that “Nobody is forcing you to do world completion” is the worst argument anyone can come up with.

The entire game is optional, nobody forces you to even play it.
So when players have a problem there is no need to fix it, just stop playing the game! Everything is fixed!
-Personal Story quest bugged. Just don’t do personal story. fixed
-X profession underpowered. Just don’t use that profession. fixed
-All medium armors are so ugly. Just don’t pick a ranger, thief or engineer. fixed
-I don’t want to do WvW for map completion. Just don’t do map completion. fixed

Seriously.. I’m so sick of that argument.

~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

Let me just point out that “Nobody is forcing you to do world completion” is the worst argument anyone can come up with.

So when players have a problem there is no need to fix it, just stop playing the game! Everything is fixed!
-All medium armors are so ugly. Just don’t pick a ranger, thief or engineer. fixed

While your view point is no more or less accurate than an opposing one, your argument is pretty weak. The game being bugged is a problem. A profession being unbalanced is a problem. Ugly armor is completely objective. I for one don’t find all medium armors ugly. Not “wanting” to do something is completely different from not physically being able to (such as a game bug). Everyone is capable of doing WvW map completion (with difficulty, sure) but still capable.

in Suggestions

While your view point is no more or less accurate than an opposing one, your argument is pretty weak. The game being bugged is a problem. A profession being unbalanced is a problem. Ugly armor is completely objective. I for one don’t find all medium armors ugly. Not “wanting” to do something is completely different from not physically being able to (such as a game bug). Everyone is capable of doing WvW map completion (with difficulty, sure) but still capable.

True but I’m trying to draw attention to the questionable ethic of “It’s optional so it’s 100% okay and there is no need to change it”

This is the Suggestions subforum after all and WvW being part of world completion is by a lot of people percieved as a problem. I believe a suggestion should not be cast aside simply because the subject in question is optional.

~Sincerely, Scissors

(edited by Windu The Forbidden One.6045)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

TL;DR As i wrote a lot.

No, people only want wvw map completion for their legendary; and if you can’t rally your server to take the POI’s you need then you’re not legendary.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

The wubwub’s not even IN Tyria, it has no business counting for world completion, the same way dungeons and Heart of the Mists don’t.

And that the difficulty of mapping it varies wildly depending on which server you’re on, especially since you can’t freely transfer any more.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Claudia De Anar.6304

Claudia De Anar.6304

JoshuaRAWR.4653: Forcing players into content they do not enjoy is not a good marketing scheme.

I completely agree with the original poster, but sadly suspect the Devs still believe PvE exists only as a intro to game Mechanics and PvP is the real game, and simply do not understand some of us have no interest in PvP of any flavor, or actively dislike the format. Still one more vote for the original poster if any Devs see this…,

and can we please have a way to Map over large areas without the enforced Map through WvWvW? How about a Icon direct to the Azura Gates Plaza in LA; after all
It does not matter how many times I see the WvWvW banner screen on my way to LA; I’m going to LA; being forced to map through WvWvW honestly feels manipulative and insulting.

Claudia de Anar: An Equal Oppertunity Massacre.

(edited by Claudia De Anar.6304)

in Suggestions

Posted by: DryHumour.1307

DryHumour.1307

Whenever this comes up, I like to mention my personal favourite solution of those I’ve seen mentioned in the myriad other threads: separate PvE versions of the maps which don’t award PvP benefits for anything (no badges, no blueprints).

Those who just want to be able to look around and enjoy the artwork or do the JP at their own pace can do so without taking a (often non-contributing) WvWvW slot on map or in queue from someone who wants to PvP. (Since you still need badges for a Legendary, that still would require WvWvW participation as intended.)

Win-Win.