Remove exping while crafting

in Suggestions

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

I believe a lot of people won’t like my idea, but, ones you have money, many people don’t like to go back in world, and they simply craft to hit lvl 80. They make 3-4 crafts and that’s it.

I would suggest that exp would be minimalistic while crafting.. like 5 lvls only, for completing 400 chief or huntsman.

Why would any1 do that? Well every one even those who will be against this, will agree that we leak of people at starting areas, people would come back to starting locations, lvl with rookie players, and re-balance HIGH/LOW areas.

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

in Suggestions

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

Crafting up to level400 on any craft only gives about 10~20 levels.

And it costs a lot of money. Most people can’t afford to do it more then once or twice be character. And it’s way more fun to level up your character normally. Even players who prefer to have a “main” would agree to this.

And this idea would not push players into returning to starter areas, the number of players who grind through their levels through crafting is rare and few.
It’s a huge waste of money to depend on crafting alone to level up.

Players already hang out in starter zones a lot. That’s not what ANet or other players are talking about, they’re referring to the other mid-level zones between 16 to 60-ish that players go through once and rarely re-visit.

Like you said, a lot of people won’t like this idea.

But it’s not because of self-interest like you probably predicted. It’s just an outright lame idea with little benefit to the game.

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

(edited by DreamOfACure.4382)

in Suggestions

Firelysm.4967

You are kinda blind, every smart person does that, and cooking for example cost u 2 gold, in 1 day u get max lvl80.. what’s the point in that..

And talking of not having money… every single person can earn 5 gold per day, by almost doing nothing. and in compare of lvling character for like 10 days, u risk 10 gold from 1 day farm > make some craftings, and u are80.. thats kinda bull-kitecat…

I would recommend when you learn two professions, you won’t be able to get any exp on that character which would be balanced And myself i see like 5 people in starting sylvari area, ‘’players already hang out a lot’’ how i mean where did u seen that, i reroled guardian and we cant beat several events because we are leaking of people.. it’s kinda kittenty to see empty areas already after 6 months… SAD!

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

(edited by Firelysm.4967)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

You are kinda blind, every smart person does that, and cooking for example cost u 2 gold, in 1 day u get max lvl80.. what’s the point in that..

And talking of not having money… every single person can earn 5 gold per day, by almost doing nothing. and in compare of lvling character for like 10 days, u risk 10 gold from 1 day farm > make some craftings, and u are80.. thats kinda bull-kitecat…

I would recommend when you learn two professions, you won’t be able to get any exp on that character which would be balanced And myself i see like 5 people in starting sylvari area, ‘’players already hang out a lot’’ how i mean where did u seen that, i reroled guardian and we cant beat several events because we are leaking of people.. it’s kinda kittenty to see empty areas already after 6 months… SAD!

I quit reading at “5g per day doing nothing”. What game are you playing?

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ancient highway.4256

ancient highway.4256

I’m confused. Is the problem the OP wanting to solve experience gained through crafting, or that (what I assume) is his level 80 character can’t find anyone in the entry level area in his world?
Making " 5 gold per day, by almost doing nothing", he is spending most of his time at the TP, buying low, selling a little higher. That’s not everyone’s cup of tea. Some would rather try to level to 80 just through crafting. That’s not his cup of tea. But, since his way is so “right” let’s take away all the “wrong” ways to play. Why not make exotics and legendaries account bound until equipped and then soulbound. After all, if make 5g a day for doing nothing, you’ll just buy the top level gear, never earning it.

The truth is, there is no right or wrong way to play this game. There are multiple avenues to take to get to the same destination. Play the game your way and let others play the game their way.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

I aggree crafting gives WAY too much xp, and you dont learn how to actually play your character if your c raft your way to 80 (meaning we ge a bunch of lvl 80’s that dont even know how to play his character properly), i say each craft should give MAX 1 lvl for 0-400 if any xp at all

in Suggestions

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

The truth is, there is no right or wrong way to play this game. There are multiple avenues to take to get to the same destination. Play the game your way and let others play the game their way.

This. Crafting is a valid and viable avenue for leveling. Besides hitting max level isn’t all that important in GW2.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Culzean.8571

Culzean.8571

If people choose to level to 80 by pouring their money into the coinsink, then by all means, let them! Having more 80’s in the world doesn’t matter. Let them play how they want. Also, I love getting experience for crafting. I don’t have the money to buy all the mats to 80 (isn’t that like 5 or 6 professions to 400? I can’t even afford mats to get me to 150 in one) so getting exp is a nice motivator for getting my crafting going.

-Wulf

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

I went from 1-80 in under, idk, 3 hours by crafting. I actually think it’s more beneficial for GW2 it remains this way.

in Suggestions

Firelysm.4967

I’m confused. Is the problem the OP wanting to solve experience gained through crafting, or that (what I assume) is his level 80 character can’t find anyone in the entry level area in his world?
Making " 5 gold per day, by almost doing nothing", he is spending most of his time at the TP, buying low, selling a little higher. That’s not everyone’s cup of tea. Some would rather try to level to 80 just through crafting. That’s not his cup of tea. But, since his way is so “right” let’s take away all the “wrong” ways to play. Why not make exotics and legendaries account bound until equipped and then soulbound. After all, if make 5g a day for doing nothing, you’ll just buy the top level gear, never earning it.

You just see your options, true i set myself a TP buy which gives me 1 gold per day, takes 5 min no more. I do dungeons, i do daily, and what every person does, events and gathering. ( if you dont get 5 gold) than you are chatting and log just to troll around.

Well exping trough crafting ruins the game, because players stick in town, do nothing but crafting, and go back to high areas, which cause low ares being empty…

And since you are like.. trying to tell me how other people play game.. hold it right there. I’m not suggesting anything to you, i’m suggesting to anet, to help them get people to rotate… if we dont rotate we lose people, we lose game.

Crafting at the moment has no meaning it’s worthless unless u craft for exp. and some cooking..

in Suggestions

Firelysm.4967

I went from 1-80 in under, idk, 3 hours by crafting. I actually think it’s more beneficial for GW2 it remains this way.

so that’s what i’m talking about, it’s worthless.. people shouldnt hit 80 in 3 hours it’s hilarious …

in Suggestions

Firelysm.4967

If people choose to level to 80 by pouring their money into the coinsink, then by all means, let them! Having more 80’s in the world doesn’t matter. Let them play how they want. Also, I love getting experience for crafting. I don’t have the money to buy all the mats to 80 (isn’t that like 5 or 6 professions to 400? I can’t even afford mats to get me to 150 in one) so getting exp is a nice motivator for getting my crafting going.

read the post below you, and if you are not 80 yet, you sure dont know what i’m talking about…

Normal way takes you 10+ of grinding to get llvl 80, craftings takes 3hours to hit 1-80 it’s wrong, and it shouldn’t be so…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wayfarer.2051

Wayfarer.2051

Why are you flaming people for not liking your idea?

Crafting is a fine way to get to lvl 80
In order to hit lvl 80 by pure crafting you need ALL professions to 400.
I’ve recently bypassed alot of the same-y content between lvl 20 and 70 by just crafting. I’ve spent 7 gold on mats for 50-325 tailoring alone and I had a few mats previously and recycled alot. Stating that all it needs are 2g to get to 400 is a very risky statement. I dont like mid lvl-areas, I like Orr and Southsun cove and big boss events. You don’t get that in low-lvl areas.
Crafting Exp must stay in game. ArenaNet offered a peaceful way to get to lvl 80 for people who are into that sort of thing.
It makes little sense to become a better elementalist by smithing, cooking and tailoring your way to lvl 80, but I think it’s a neat idea.
and if people tell you that it is a fine way to play the game don’t tell them they are “blind” or “trolling”.

Normal way takes you 10+ of grinding to get llvl 80, craftings takes 3hours to hit 1-80 it’s wrong, and it shouldn’t be so…

Why are you so angry other people hit lvl 80 faster than you? why do you think “grinding” is a legitimate way to lvl?

(edited by Wayfarer.2051)

in Suggestions

Posted by: pluzoid.2597

pluzoid.2597

I’m a bit lost, but since when was crafting mandatory to getting to level 80? Isn’t there enough areas and dynamic events to do without crating to get to 80? I mean you migh struggle if your just rushing through the maps, not doing events when they pop up ( which is also a nice way of meeting ppl and helping others gives ya that warm feeling in ya tummy).
I haven’t gotten to level 80 but I haven’t crafted much okn guardian and still managed to level upto 47 pretty fast just by doing the odd dungeon, dailies and any events that pop up. Also story gives nice xp.
Getting xy from crafting is a choice, you don’t wanna do then you should find other ways of getting do like events or map completions or dailies.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wayfarer.2051

Wayfarer.2051

Another Problem with “no crafting XP” would be the following:
People who level nearly ALWAYS gather, jsut because it’s there and especially since the dailies.
People who use those materials for crafting get XP and A FEW items they can use.
People who sell the stuff get alot of money, especially below lvl 70 mats, who are extremely expensive.
getting no XP from crafting would be unfair to those people, since selling the materials outshines the costs of just buying all gear you need BY FAR. Stage 300 fine crafting materials can score up to 3-8 Silver per piece. So to compensate, hanging on to those materials and crafting unnecessary stuff, that is barely sold at material value (anything below rare, even mystic items can barely generate any profit over grinding and selling those materials) is rewarded with XP.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Spencer.1386

Spencer.1386

Instead of punishing people for playing the way they want to play why not do something like this?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Enhance-population-in-under-populated-areas/first#post1378255

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

in Suggestions

Posted by: kenshinakh.3672

kenshinakh.3672

Crafting to 80 costs at least 25-30 gold. It’s definitely not cheap, and most people wouldn’t do it.

The average case scenario for crafting is getting a couple levels here and there. Most people do not just sit there and craft, so removing it would just hurt your average players.

in Suggestions

Posted by: David.4821

David.4821

I still won’t visit low level areas, I’ll simply just do dungeons and swap to my alt at the end for exp. There are people like me that already have a few 80s and we’re stacked with gold, no sense in us wasting hours grinding to 80.

in Suggestions

Posted by: CombatTacos.8706

CombatTacos.8706

As someone who has crafted 2 80s from 3-80 I can say that it is fine as it is. It costs around 70gold to hit 80 along with 2 hours of time. I’m not sure what you mean by “3-4 crafts” as it takes all 8 to be maxed to hit 80. It’s not a cheap thing to do unless you think most people can throw away 70 gold when they want.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xephier.1647

Xephier.1647

-1 for this, bad idea.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

Actually. You’re the one who doesn’t see that the majority of players are casual.
Myself included, none of us powerlevel. We play however the heck we want to, roaming around, doing whatever with dailies and personal story giving us guidance

it’s kinda kittenty to see empty areas already after 6 months… SAD!

You’re the one whose blind if you think leveling by crafting is the reason zones are low on traffic.

Traffic issues are almost entirely due to Cursed Shores (top zone for farming), Lion’s Arch (asura gates, dungeon vendors, and fractals), and Dungeons (tokens and gold). These areas pulls traffic away from everywhere else because they’re the most efficient places to be.

You’ve clearly spent too much time doing your 5g/day thing to pay attention to how normal players flow around the game.

Most players don’t do things “efficiently” like you have so adamantly assumed with your posts.

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

(edited by DreamOfACure.4382)