Remove levels

Remove levels

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Remove levels as character progression and keep traits as your character progression. Let players go wherever they want in the game and explore as intended, give us a sandbox feel to the game rather than themepark.

With levels removed, we depend on the current gear tier that’s in the game and customize our abillities with traits.

Building upon a world without levels, add more events to all zones and add more bosses and improve the crafting and guild features/progression.

Remove levels

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ctrlaltdaleeet.6805

Ctrlaltdaleeet.6805

Demanding, are we? This game was intended to have levels. They minus well make a whole new game if they were going to remove the leveling system and everything that goes with me. It’s a terrible idea and wont ever happen. If you want a game without levels, there are a few out there, some evsn f2p and some b2p, so go on. Also, you have to realize whats a priority, and how much time things take. Adding more events to every zone could take months. Adding more bosses could as well. Improving crafting and guild features have been requested by thousands, doesn’t mean theyll do it right now. Its not a TOP priority there are other things to focus on.

(edited by Ctrlaltdaleeet.6805)

Remove levels

in Suggestions

Posted by: ZombieNugget.6847

ZombieNugget.6847

Oh god please don’t.

If you really work towards it, you can event-grind a character up to 80 in a few days. Otherwise, the average players gonna go through their story, clear a few maps, toss some materials into a crafting station, etc. and actually experience a level of growth that lets you learn along the way (something I actually love about unlocking character stuff at 5, 7, 11, and 30).

Remove levels

in Suggestions

Zoid.2568

Oh god please don’t.

If you really work towards it, you can event-grind a character up to 80 in a few days. Otherwise, the average players gonna go through their story, clear a few maps, toss some materials into a crafting station, etc. and actually experience a level of growth that lets you learn along the way (something I actually love about unlocking character stuff at 5, 7, 11, and 30).

It’s not about any grind or how boring it is to grind, i don’t really care about that. Levels determine zones and what rewards and how strong you are against mobs etc. If they made zones require no lvl, remove levels and decreased the maximum stats you can get from armour you will have a much better game, more populated zones and better events + story (non interuptive). Levels ruin games, defentively did with Rift and has started with low-mid lvl zones in GW2.

GW2 need to be more sandboxy.

Remove levels

in Suggestions

Zoid.2568

Demanding, are we? This game was intended to have levels. They minus well make a whole new game if they were going to remove the leveling system and everything that goes with me. It’s a terrible idea and wont ever happen. If you want a game without levels, there are a few out there, some evsn f2p and some b2p, so go on. Also, you have to realize whats a priority, and how much time things take. Adding more events to every zone could take months. Adding more bosses could as well. Improving crafting and guild features have been requested by thousands, doesn’t mean theyll do it right now. Its not a TOP priority there are other things to focus on.

Don’t get started about other games and how they have to revamp the entire game and it will take them 2 years.

They have already stated that January,February and March will be releases of updates that will strenghten and add new features to the current game world.

Remove levels

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Demanding, are we? This game was intended to have levels.

Not really because of downscaling. Levels just seem to be a arbitrary number once you hit level 80.

Remove levels

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zahld.4956

Zahld.4956

How about they have zero level areas where levels are not accounted for?

Remove levels

in Suggestions

Posted by: ZombieNugget.6847

ZombieNugget.6847

Pull something Dead Island-ish where enemies are scaled to each player instead? :P

Remove levels

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

I don’t quite get where the OP believes that no levels = sandbox? A sandbox to me means deformable scenery, constructible buildings, user-made content (i.e. quests) etc. It certainly doesn’t mean no levels.

Take the levels out of this game and you still have a theme park, only one with no challenge.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Remove levels

in Suggestions

Posted by: Reverielle.3972

Reverielle.3972

I don’t quite get where the OP believes that no levels = sandbox? A sandbox to me means deformable scenery, constructible buildings, user-made content (i.e. quests) etc. It certainly doesn’t mean no levels.

Take the levels out of this game and you still have a theme park, only one with no challenge.

Yeah, to become a sand-box (e.g. EVE style) GW2 would have to be changed almost from the ground up. However there’s nothing to say small steps towards such an end wouldn’t be worthwhile though.

Remove levels

in Suggestions

Posted by: USMC RavenSaint.6729

USMC RavenSaint.6729

Remove levels as character progression and keep traits as your character progression. Let players go wherever they want in the game and explore as intended, give us a sandbox feel to the game rather than themepark.

With levels removed, we depend on the current gear tier that’s in the game and customize our abillities with traits.

Building upon a world without levels, add more events to all zones and add more bosses and improve the crafting and guild features/progression.

There was a game that had no levels. The original SWG. There were no levels per say until the NGE which limited the players to similar leveling as there is in other games. There are still web pages devoted to the old SWG gaming style if you are curious as to what it was like. Once Sony Started mucking with the professions and the game, they started ruining the fun and experience of being able to go in your own unique direction with one character.

Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told.
Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right.
Then you can always do what the voices in your head told you to do.

Remove levels

in Suggestions

Zoid.2568

Sandbox also mean freedom, with the levels it adds a path your character follows, which is themepark. With new features like housing, guild halls and a better crafting that let us craft ships, furnitures etc it will be more sandbox.