Remove the Downed state from ALL pvp

in Suggestions

Posted by: Graill.8596

Graill.8596

Checked a number of pages and didnt see this topic.

Downed state was a very poorly implemented idea and is being abused heavily and simply needs to be removed from pvp of all types, you die, you rez at a waypoint, keep it simple. To prevent logouts slightly before death, simple timers need to be implemented.

As for pve i see no problem with its use.

There is no worse feeling than that during an argument, you realize you are wrong.

in Suggestions

Posted by: solanu.3784

solanu.3784

Um, no.

1. If you log out while downed, you come back dead. In sPvP you may not get the points for it, but ANet can simply give you those points instead.

2. Downed state was a very poorly implemented idea? Please. Dont make me laugh in your face..oh wait.

Necromancer 80 – Guardian 80 – Thief 80 – Warrior 80 – Mesmer 33

in Suggestions

Posted by: bwillb.2165

bwillb.2165

I’m all for removing downed state from PvP. It’s not very well balanced at all and is annoying to use for some classes. When I go down, I’d often much rather be dead than sit there fighting the terrible downed camera and spamming my useless 1 ability while I wait to die. Just give everyone slightly more health across the board to balance out its removal.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jazhara Knightmage.4389

Jazhara Knightmage.4389

just make everybody imortal then you dont gotta worry about downed state :P

AMD FX-8350@4.8ghz on air(SilverArrowSB-E Extreme) , 32gb 1866mhz(10-11-10 cr1)
PCP&C 1200watt TC, Crosshair V F-Z, Sapphire 290x

in Suggestions

Posted by: epicsmooth.7825

epicsmooth.7825

solanu.3784

1) But they suffer no armor damage and their killer gets no loot/xp/etc

2) So you agree it poorly done then, since you don’t seem to have any counter-argument.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

There’s countless threads on this topic, and all seem to be made by people that simply dislike the system or the idea of having such a system, ignoring the very well reasoned and valid reasons for it, and also dismissing any possibility of improvement to fix its faults.

As it has been already explained in all those threads by many players countless times already, instead echoing all those arguments and counter-arguments once again, I’ll use the vast and endless accumulated knowledge of the whole Internet to answer this suggestion in the simplest yet most convincing and undeniable way .

As you can surely see, there’s simply no way around it.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: raxx.8914

raxx.8914

What i find strange is even after you kill them with killing blow when they are downed, they can still be resurrected? There’s no way to gib them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: dogwhisper.6045

dogwhisper.6045

Downed state is fine, to address the concern that some players do not like to spam number 1 skill or waste time. There should just be a “sacrifice key” to just end your down state.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Numot.3965

Numot.3965

It is fine and makes fights a lot more intense and dynamic than they would be without it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

What i find strange is even after you kill them with killing blow when they are downed, they can still be resurrected? There’s no way to gib them.

In Guild Wars 2, there’s never player death.

There’s downed and defeated, but only NPCs may die. You know they are ‘dead’ because… well, no one revives them.
You don’t kill, you deafeat.
You don’t resurrect, you revive.
When you ‘finish’ you simply ‘tag’ them and humiliate them. But you don’t kill them.

This can be a bit confusing, as most games has been always killing and resurrecting stuff left and right as if it was going out of style, so everyone got so much used to it that changing is really hard, to the point that even ArenaNet employees slip and write ‘death’ instead ‘defeat’ here and there.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Imo downstate should be removed from pvp all together and here is why.

Downstate encourages zerg and benefits the side with the biggest number!

I have been playing mmos for many years with 2 rl friends and we love to tem up and go roaming around world pvp. In gw2 the 3 of us have manage to win versus bigger numbers but with downstate they have a huge advantage over us since they can quickly res each other, some professions can even res themselves quite fast and making us kill them over and over again until we manage to stomp.

Don’t get me wrong I think that the downstate is a great idea but in pvp it heavily penalizes small groups and small scale pvp encounters not only in wvwvw but in structured and tournament pvp in 1v2 or 2v3 encounters. At the same time it benefits and encourages zerg fests….

in Suggestions

Posted by: Halvaard.1034

Halvaard.1034

But how does removing downed discourage Zerging?
Small groups are always at a disadvantage unless they have a well thought out strategy…

At least in downed you can do a little more damage, maybe fear an enemy once if you’re quick.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Capn Evan.4586

Capn Evan.4586

Downed state is vital, as it promotes teamwork above all other mechanics in the game. Without it you would participate in large battles, but nobody would dare to charge in with their life on the line, because they would simply die. With downed state, the second row can CC the enemy and get them back on their feet.

To defeat a larger group, just focus the ones who are healing, and get them downed too, if they’re all downed, they can’t heal each other.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

without down state you could still resurrect your team mates that died, no one is asking to remove the resurrection aspect of the game, the point is as I said before if you are with 2 other friends and encounter a grp of five guys but due to your skill or they’re lack of it, the 3 of you manage to take down 4 of them but cant stomp them fast enough due to be trying to take the last one down or have very low HP.
They will res up and kill the 3 of you that have no CD’s left and have very low HP.

in your opinion is is fair that after all that work you guys managed to take a larger grp down and then die not because of they’re skill but simply because they were more than you?

Wouldn’t you feel frustrated? having to kill the same guy 2-3 times in the same fight?
do you find this to be fair? You played a lot better kill them a few times then die and get stomped because they we more that you and not because they were better?

In PvP in general when a player dies he should die effectively. If so, the resurrection time should be decreased, sure, but this way it would benefit small scale pvp.

There will always be zerg thats impossible to prevent but small scale pvp would be much more rewarding than it currently is.

(edited by Volrath.1473)