Remove the reduced movement speed in combat

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shatterfun.3074

Shatterfun.3074

Was wondering if it wouldn’t be a smarter idea to remove the movement speed limit once you enter combat. Would be great especially for things like jumping puzzles in WvW. Currently i’am playing @Far Shiverpeaks and each time I try to do a jumping puzzle I find a lot of German or French people to be camping at the top or end of the puzzle. Ofc.. it’s a PvP area, so having players trying to kill you is normal, but..

..if they are camping at the end.. and just hit you one time with an auto attack or AoE you simply can’t continue or get to them anymore. You don’t got enough movement speed to make the jumps. And also because of the fact they are ‘close’ to you means you won’t leave combat, so you are stuck untill those players decide to go away. Which usually just takes way too long because apperently they don’t have better things to do >.<

And if removing the whole speed limitation in combat isn’t possible.. make it disappear if you aren’t being hit for like 10seconds for example.. but remove this ’you’re close to an enemy so you remain in combat stuff’.

Tynvm

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shatterfun.3074

Shatterfun.3074

Shameless self bump

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shadoureon.8165

Shadoureon.8165

Its so annoying you slow down in combat. Makes absolutely no sense at all. And then it takes frigging forever to get out of combat.

in Suggestions

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

another problem this causes is jumping puzzles with enemies out of reach. you get hit by an enemy halfway through the puzzle, but the enemy is out of reach, so you’re forced to run all the way back to the beginning of the puzzle in order to break agro, because you just can’t make the next jump with the reduced combat speed. an example of that are the jumping puzzles on the asura area.

this isn’t challenging, this is annoying.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pluckerpluck.8692

Pluckerpluck.8692

They have to reduce movement speed to stop you being able to kite monsters forever. Either that or make every single monster in the game move faster than you.

But jumping puzzles are annoying with it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tora.8610

Tora.8610

They have to reduce movement speed to stop you being able to kite monsters forever. Either that or make every single monster in the game move faster than you.

But jumping puzzles are annoying with it.

Pretty much all the undead in orr are faster than you period… unless you’re one of the classes blessed with constant speed boosts over 10%…

That aside, at least make enemies slow down in combat as well… annoying as heck when they still have super-speed while you’re slowed down to a craw….

in Suggestions

Posted by: zeus.5248

zeus.5248

I was about to create a thread for this matter when I saw this topic

totally agree with the rest of the ppl on how annoying this is, especially while you try to do jumping puzzles since it takes forever to get out of combat.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Icecat.4528

Icecat.4528

agree. so there I am – running through cursed shores – and something hits me. I am not impeeded, don’t care to fight as I want to go from A to B, and one would think self preservation would allow me to go faster rather than slower. But no – I become a snail. And meanwhile the enemy speeds up like shot from a cannon to catch me. Just plan fail. I usually just keep going, use some evade rolls, etc. to get away but its annoying in any case.

GW2 mods can fuck it up their cock sucking asses – Sieg heil you nazi fuckers

in Suggestions

Posted by: tzko.2370

tzko.2370

There is a solution for being attacked while doing the puzzle in eternal battleground. A bit off the beaten track, are wells that render you invisible for several minutes and thus enable you to sneak past your enemies unnoticed. You have no skills available tho but you can mine when encountering veins.

The first one is to the right instead of left at the start when portaling in. The next one is after the first part. Before you go to the right down the tunnel and up the well. Its in the corner, you need to climb a bit first. the next ones I have not discovered yet.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shard.4791

Shard.4791

Another solution to OP is to dodge jump when needed although it fails often.

Mm. I like turtles.