Remove the speed from the Risen

in Suggestions

Posted by: Assyrian.4827

Assyrian.4827

I avoid any place that has Risen in this game but tried to finish my story and it all Risen fighting the undead makes me want to uninstall GW2.not because they kill me but they are super annoying to fight.

PLEASE remove the speed and give the undead some skills and weapons because running from a mob of undead that want to kick my butt is not fun at all.

in Suggestions

Posted by: FLFW.3105

FLFW.3105

It also makes no sense. They are risen from dead, fairly rotten also. Running at those speeds all their joints would fail in moments and they would fall apart.

But oh well, we have been ‘aneted’ as always.

GuildWars 2 is good game with bad management.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DandySlayer.7019

DandySlayer.7019

It also makes no sense. They are risen from dead, fairly rotten also. Running at those speeds all their joints would fail in moments and they would fall apart.

Magic dude it does wonders on a corpse! But yes I agree they should slow them down a tad bit! Oh and burn all the Risen Purifiers as well as they are the only mob I truly hate in a open world zone.

in Suggestions

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

Like any mob or area, Orr takes some getting used to. The area, and the mobs, help to fine tune your build and your ability to play. When I first arrived in Orr,I felt much the same way as you. The undead were fast, had a ton of control abilities, and there were a lot of them. The longer I played there, the more counters I found I had for them, the more ways I found to take them down quickly, it increased my spatial awareness (no longer pulled mobs I didn’t intend to) I’ve always thought of Orr as a crucible, more of a help than a hindrance in the long run. Stick with it and you also will overcome.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

No complaints about the speed here… It’s another forsaken “challenge” for you to deal with. If risen were to move the speed of traditional zombies, they’d all be as slow as the brutes and ranged classes would be able to wreck them with even less effort than they already do. At most, the faster risen’s (like thralls) speed can be reduced to normal, in which case the brutes should no longer be perma-crippled. I would find it to be quite idiotic for the developers to make the highest leveled zone in the game the easiest to fight in.

@Dandy: Putrifiers = pulling melee zombies, Purifiers = ranged heal zombies. I think you got them a bit confused or you’ll be in for a surprise soon enough :P

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

in Suggestions

Posted by: Assyrian.4827

Assyrian.4827

Like any mob or area, Orr takes some getting used to. The area, and the mobs, help to fine tune your build and your ability to play. When I first arrived in Orr,I felt much the same way as you. The undead were fast, had a ton of control abilities, and there were a lot of them. The longer I played there, the more counters I found I had for them, the more ways I found to take them down quickly, it increased my spatial awareness (no longer pulled mobs I didn’t intend to) I’ve always thought of Orr as a crucible, more of a help than a hindrance in the long run. Stick with it and you also will overcome.

I’m not talking about Orr as I said I avoid any place that has undead but they are everywhere (personal story).

in Suggestions

DandySlayer.7019

When I first arrived in Orr with my first 3 toons it was easy as there were plenty of people in the areas to thin out the undead population but ever since FOTM came into play Orr sucks hard! Sometimes I can run right past a Risen goon and he won’t even glance in my direction and other times I’ll be nice and far and he’ll spot me from a mile away! Orr is unpredictable! My one and only solution to this is Ash Legion Spy Kits. Now that I’ve mentioned them they’ll be ninja nerfed soon……

in Suggestions

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

I’m not talking about Orr as I said I avoid any place that has undead but they are everywhere (personal story).

Well if you’re complaining about story missions or something, take a friend. If it’s Risen outside of Orr, they are pretty easy to deal with.

in Suggestions

Posted by: domxnik.1453

domxnik.1453

I don’t really mind the speed, It’s the amount and how close they are to one another that kills me.

Anvixy- 80 Ranger

in Suggestions

DandySlayer.7019

No complaints about the speed here… It’s another forsaken “challenge” for you to deal with. If risen were to move the speed of traditional zombies, they’d all be as slow as the brutes and ranged classes would be able to wreck them with even less effort than they already do. At most, the faster risen’s (like thralls) speed can be reduced to normal, in which case the brutes should no longer be perma-crippled. I would find it to be quite idiotic for the developers to make the highest leveled zone in the game the easiest to fight in.

@Dandy: Putrifiers = pulling melee zombies, Purifiers = ranged heal zombies. I think you got them a bit confused or you’ll be in for a surprise soon enough :P

I knew it started with a P lol. If I see red coral and an anchor I stay the hell away from them!

in Suggestions

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

Sometimes I can run right past a Risen goon and he won’t even glance in my direction and other times I’ll be nice and far and he’ll spot me from a mile away! Orr is unpredictable!

Always Acolytes. Never had anything other than an Acolyte aggro from unreasonable distances. Been noticing recently that those acolytes wearing grayish robes tend to do this more than those wearing solid black. The devil’s in the details

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

in Suggestions

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I avoid any place that has Risen in this game but tried to finish my story and it all Risen fighting the undead makes me want to uninstall GW2.not because they kill me but they are super annoying to fight.

PLEASE remove the speed and give the undead some skills and weapons because running from a mob of undead that want to kick my butt is not fun at all.

YES PLEASE it’s more then annoying as a thief trying to kill these things while stealthed. Especially the little honey boo boo child wannabes running all over the place.

Shorten their leashes as well and make stealth and cloaking devices completely take you out of stealth when you become invis. It’s so annoying to be more then ten feet from the mob you stealthed to escape and be “in combat” the entire time even tho the mob can’t reach you.

It’s also annoying as an engineer. Try being cloaked when you are immobilized only to remain in combat and have the closest honey boo boo child call all his friends back no matter their distance.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Matt.4208

Matt.4208

Before GW2 went live the dervs always used the word “fun”. Orr is not fun,because you need a group to just map out the zone(s). The respawn rate is insane and the amount of mobs is insane. If you get into trouble just stand in one spot and kiss your booty goodbye,because if you run you will add another four or five more mobs to the booty kicking. Remember how the word “fun” was used all the time? If you find spending hours to map out half of a zone with no quest hearts -more power to you. I personally can not find any friends or guildmates that like Orr and find it fun. Darn it I used the word “fun” again. It’s a MMO or it’s the home of this kick booty dragon and so on. Who cares? It is a game you play for “fun” not to be more like reality. Reality sucks. I want to have “fun” when I play a game.( Key word is game) Reduce the amount of mobs and fix the insane respawn timer on mobs in Orr. Trash away, but I stand by my views that Orr is NOT fun. To many mobs.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

I’ve noticed that when I use a speed buff to apply swiftness to try to outrun a risen mob, the risen speeds up too. Like they get swiftness at the same time as me or something. It is strange and a bit annoying.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

Man the speed of risen is so funny and annoying.

Nothing funier than seeing one of theme walking towards you (after aggro) in VHS fast-forward x20 mode!

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Basically… I agree 100% remove the super speed bonus of the risen. They already have range, teleports, pulls, etc they don’t need to be able to chase you down. They should be like any other enemy speed in pve. The only specialty risen should have is numbers, and cc. Icebrood are heavy damage, Destroyer’s burn and have quite a lot of health, Branded are quite beefy in defence and have hard but easily dodgeable hard hits. Risen atm are just the annoying game :/

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

I personally like it on some wierd level. It’s so friggin annoying its grown on me. Always has me in paranoid mode being out there in Orr.

The 28days later Zombie is the new and improved zombie. Outrun them or get ran over.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DocHolliday.5921

DocHolliday.5921

Before GW2 went live the dervs always used the word “fun”. Orr is not fun,because you need a group to just map out the zone(s). The respawn rate is insane and the amount of mobs is insane. If you get into trouble just stand in one spot and kiss your booty goodbye,because if you run you will add another four or five more mobs to the booty kicking. Remember how the word “fun” was used all the time? If you find spending hours to map out half of a zone with no quest hearts -more power to you. I personally can not find any friends or guildmates that like Orr and find it fun. Darn it I used the word “fun” again. It’s a MMO or it’s the home of this kick booty dragon and so on. Who cares? It is a game you play for “fun” not to be more like reality. Reality sucks. I want to have “fun” when I play a game.( Key word is game) Reduce the amount of mobs and fix the insane respawn timer on mobs in Orr. Trash away, but I stand by my views that Orr is NOT fun. To many mobs.

Yes, I have to agree completely. And I found Malchor’s Reach the worst. I will never return to that zone on any character once completed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Isende.2607

Isende.2607

i completed mapping of all the orr zones on my thief, who has no stealth equipped, and while annoying at times (especially the bloody pulls) i won’t say it’s impossible … oh, wait, i did it on my mez, also.

it’s annoying, i agree, and i would love to see the speed gone, but it’s also doable, solo. much easier, though, and more fun, if you can find zergs to run with.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

The Orr regions aren’t intended to ran through. Take a couple of zombies at a time and move forward.