Remove toughness, vit, &hp on gear.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vegito.3048

Vegito.3048

We don’t need your training wheels anymore A-Net. We’re good at your game now.

But what? You like to build bunkers? Well you don’t have to anymore when everyone is nuking. Don’t build a bunker. Fight nukes with nukes.

Look at it this way. Have you ever seen a firefighter who stacks tons of defensive stats and goes into a building through hellfire and worse while evading burning debree? No. If there is a fire, they nuke the place. The fire no longer spreads. The fire no longer exists. No fire – no problem. Nukes work.

But you like supporting? Support your team with damage.

Look at it this way. A young girl is being attacked in an alley by two thugs. What do you do? Throw out heals, might, protection, and support the girl? Do you build defensive stats so you can safely watch her be attacked from a safe distance? Or do you just down and stomp the two thugs. That’s right. Damage. Nukes work.

Nukes work.

Wait, what’s that you say? Your bunker chains evades and wears his opponent out instead of stacking defensive stats? Well guess what. Your opponent got bored of punching at you and missing, so he takes out a gun. He shoots you. You’re dead. You can’t evade a gun, this isn’t the matrix. But imagine if you had a nuke instead of those evades. What’s a gun compared to a nuke? No one is going to shoot at you if you nuke them.

That’s why toughness, healing power, and vitality should be removed from all gear in guild wars 2.

Rantev [Warrior]

in Suggestions

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I am assuming you have never played WvW then?
In WvW said stats are extremely important, and building for straight out damage will make you quite useless in WvW.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Suggestions

Posted by: LeeroyNimoy.1864

LeeroyNimoy.1864

Worst. Suggestion. Ever.

Just because some of the players aren’t doing it doesn’t mean we take it out. I have support characters and love it, I have “nuke” characters and enjoy them just as much. The idea is to play it the way you want, not to play it the way you want until we decide to remove some of your options and force things upon you.

Ability is what you can do; Motivation is how much you do; Attitude is how well you do it.
My idea compilation thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Seven-ideas-in-one-post/first#post3038023

in Suggestions

Vegito.3048

I am assuming that the two people who posted above me are either completely humorless or that they only read the title.

Rantev [Warrior]

in Suggestions

LeeroyNimoy.1864

I am assuming that the two people who posted above me are either completely humorless or that they only read the title.

I read your post, if you were kidding then delete the thread. We have enough reposts and bad ideas that we don’t need fake ideas clogging the thread lists – especially with a search bar that doesn’t work properly.

Ability is what you can do; Motivation is how much you do; Attitude is how well you do it.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Seven-ideas-in-one-post/first#post3038023

in Suggestions

LeeroyNimoy.1864

Also, what good does saying that do if you didn’t make any of it sound like a joke – at least not one of any humor? It wasn’t funny, it wasn’t helpful, and the tital was repeated twice within the post.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Banewrath.5107

Banewrath.5107

I vote no. we already have waypoints. l2p go back to wow plox.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eccentric.2051

Eccentric.2051

I love this post! LOVE THA kitten young girl part, lmao. And the people crying over this and hating on it…..It’s a joke post and your all being uptight. Get them kittens out of your behinds. But i guess your the type of people that like to mug young girls in alley ways!

Eccentric Athena [Inc]
Guardian From DB

in Suggestions

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

If there is a fire, they nuke the place. The fire no longer spreads. The fire no longer exists. No fire – no problem. Nukes work.

Cracked me up. Hilarious.

Equally amazed by the people who can read this with a straight face. It’s satire.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sitael.4680

Sitael.4680

Look at it this way. Have you ever seen a firefighter who stacks tons of defensive stats and goes into a building through hellfire and worse while evading burning debree? No.

You right, all the firefighter are going always naked into a buring hous to rescue the people.

But see what i found, really weird is this from: http://www.chandleraz.gov/default.aspx?pageid=950

Safety is our number one concern, so we wear clothing and gear designed to protect us from heat, flames and smoke. Typically, the first thing I put on is the hood that protects my head and neck. Next, I put on my bunker pants, which have the heavy-duty, steel-toed boots built in. Then the jacket, helmet, mask and SCBA (self-contained breathing apparatus). Then I grab my fire ax and I’m ready to fight fires. Here is approximately what each of these items weighs for me:

Boots, Bunker Pants, Hood: 12 pounds
Jacket: 8 pounds
Helmet: 5 pounds
Mask: 3 pounds
Air Tanks (SCBA): 27 pounds
Ax: 12 pounds

In my standard (fatigue) uniform I weigh 240 pounds. With all of this gear on I weigh 307 pounds. Imagine wearing 67 pounds of gear while fighting a fire on a hot Arizona summer day! That is why it is so important that firefighters exercise regularly, eat healthy and stay in good physical shape.

A lot of deffensiv stats and they do much more … “exercise regularly, eat healthy and stay in good physical shape” … also a lot of deffnsive stats.

Well, i think you nuked yourself.
Good luck and i hope you never ever get into a situation, where a “nuke-ing firefighter” try to rescue you.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Yeah, terrible suggestion.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

We don’t need your training wheels anymore A-Net. We’re good at your game now.

But what? You like to build bunkers? Well you don’t have to anymore when everyone is nuking. Don’t build a bunker. Fight nukes with nukes.

Look at it this way. Have you ever seen a firefighter who stacks tons of defensive stats and goes into a building through hellfire and worse while evading burning debree? No. If there is a fire, they nuke the place. The fire no longer spreads. The fire no longer exists. No fire – no problem. Nukes work.

But you like supporting? Support your team with damage.

Look at it this way. A young girl is being attacked in an alley by two thugs. What do you do? Throw out heals, might, protection, and support the girl? Do you build defensive stats so you can safely watch her be attacked from a safe distance? Or do you just down and stomp the two thugs. That’s right. Damage. Nukes work.

Nukes work.

Wait, what’s that you say? Your bunker chains evades and wears his opponent out instead of stacking defensive stats? Well guess what. Your opponent got bored of punching at you and missing, so he takes out a gun. He shoots you. You’re dead. You can’t evade a gun, this isn’t the matrix. But imagine if you had a nuke instead of those evades. What’s a gun compared to a nuke? No one is going to shoot at you if you nuke them.

That’s why toughness, healing power, and vitality should be removed from all gear in guild wars 2.

Considering that ANet previously nerfed Quickness, saying that it was making PvP encounters boring burst-fests, I would think they disagree.

Also, it wouldn’t take much trouble at all to make similar points around the opposite. THat is, it would be easy to make arguments that support taking away all damage mods from gear.

in Suggestions

Vegito.3048

~Facepalm~
Thank you eccentric and redenaz. There are at least some people who aren’t 200% brain dead on these forums.

Rantev [Warrior]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

~Facepalm~
Thank you eccentric and redenaz. There are at least some people who aren’t 200% brain dead on these forums.

Not brain dead, just used to seeing posts like this. There were many posts far more stupid that actually were serious. The first thing I thought when I started reading was “oh look, one of these again”. Because there are threads like this every day..

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

in Suggestions

Vegito.3048

I was trying to make a humorous post. Humor isn’t bad. You’re making serious responses saying that it’s a bad suggestion and trying to point out the faults with the idea of removing toughness, vitality, and healing power. How in the world is that not completely missing the entire point of this thread? It was created for amusement, which some people got out of it. Why seriously respond to it?

If you couldn’t get the fact that this post was written in a satirical manner out of the context, then that is not my fault, nor yours. To myself and some others, it is quite apparent in the way it is written. And if you complain that I’m taking space up in the forums by writing out something I believe to be humorous to lighten one or two people’s days, then that is your right, but by no means do I agree with your opinion. Because that’s all it is, an opinion.

Rantev [Warrior]

in Suggestions

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Have you ever seen a firefighter who stacks tons of defensive stats and goes into a building through hellfire and worse while evading burning debree? No. If there is a fire, they nuke the place.

I take it you aren’t familiar with fire-fighting. There is a process called search and rescue, where fire fighters in bunker gear (oddly enough) and with their air packs enter burning buildings to look for people to rescue. One of the toughest decisions faced by fire department incident commanders is deciding when the fire is bad enough that the likelihood of anyone surviving inside and the likelihood of injury or death for searchers is too great to risk the search. Some fire fighters, maybe a lot of them, want to push that envelope because they want to save people, and sometimes they pay a price for that heroism.

I’d suggest looking for a different analogy.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SURPRISE MADAFAKA.2049

SURPRISE MADAFAKA.2049

Sometimes, when I’m home alone I dig a hole in my backyard and I pretend I’m a carrot.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

People explaining how firefighting works – You’re missing the entire point of the satire.

No one nukes a fire. That’s ridiculous. That’s the whole idea. It’s a parody of the idea that pure DPS is the ultimate solution to everything.

-facepalm-

I mean, sure, Poe’s Law and everything, but come on…

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

in Suggestions

Posted by: Exclusive.4823

Exclusive.4823

Sometimes, when I’m alone at home, I go into my closet and pretend I’m a potato.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sitael.4680

Sitael.4680

1) I was trying to make a humorous post. Humor isn’t bad.
[…]
2)If you couldn’t get the fact that this post was written in a satirical manner out of the context, then that is not my fault, nor yours.

1) You right, humor isn’t bad. But before your next try to be humorously i would reccomand to read this: How To Be Funny And Not Just Stupid
2) But surly it is. I mean: your fault.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

~Facepalm~

Not brain dead, just used to seeing posts like this. There were many posts far more stupid that actually were serious. The first thing I thought when I started reading was “oh look, one of these again”. Because there are threads like this every day..

Yeah, as stupid an nonsensical as it was it was not actually stupid, nor nonsensical, enough to be obvious satire without the an explanation. I just assumed you didn’t know anything about anything and decided to come here to vent. It’s not the first post like this I’ve seen, either, where the other ones were real.

I kind of have to agree with Leeroy. This is the suggestions forum, not the silly satir forums. If you want to make pointless fake suggestions do it in General. Here we’re actually, sort of, trying to work with the developers to improve the game. What is this even satir about? This isn’t really relevant to any standing concerns.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

There’s an actual suggestion in that magnificent sarcasm…somewhere…I think?…uh…

“Make Toughness, Vitality, and Healing Power…more, useful as a counter to DPS?”

yeah thats it!!! seriously though, kind of pointless to post it in these forums…