Replayable Storyline Missions

in Suggestions

Posted by: NewportBox.2734

NewportBox.2734

I would love to be able to replay my favorite storyline missions. For example, The Battle For Claw Island. These storyline missions have had so much time, energy and thought put into creating them that it’s definitely worth playing them a second (3’rd, or 4’th) time. I know this is possible because of the way that Trion created the chronicles inside Rift.

I understand that the chronicles were created for a different reason, as well as obviously operate much differently than our storyline missions, I am referring more to the way they were instanced separately from the rest of the game.

Yes, the storyline missions are re-playable in their current state, but as far as I know it’s not possible unless you create a new character, and then level until you can make the choices that landed you there in the first place.

Please let me make this clear – I am not asking to play these repeatedly for the sake of XP and loot whatsoever. I think it would actually be a good idea to NOT give out XP / loot for repeating a storyline mission, because that way the only reason people would replay them is for the experience that we originally had when first doing these things.

Thank you in advance for any / all replies,
Newport

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shifted.6912

Shifted.6912

Agree with this one, but I’d like to get the loot again (excluding stuff like black lion keys and other gem store items that appear there, to prevent farming), mainly due to a set that’s exclusively obtained from the story missions, that I have unfortunately skipped in favor of other available rewards (which I greatly regret).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Punk.6219

Punk.6219

This would be a great addition.. but I think it would turn the fastest leveling into repeating some of the quicker storyline missions as they reward a good deal of experience. It’s like having a better rewarding event take place instantly over and over.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shifted.6912

Shifted.6912

You can always nerf the xp for repeating the mission

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

I would support this ONLY if loot and XP cannot be given again. It would be way too easy to take advantage of the events for farmers, people trying to level quickly, etc. if the loot and experience were awarded again each time. However, I think it would be fun to play just to play with no reward. You’ve gotten the reward once. If you want to play again, just play for the story.

in Suggestions

Punk.6219

@Shifted:

Truth.

@Lookitsandrea:

A fraction of the XP would be more considerable than no XP in my opinion.. but I could support either way.

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Personal-Story-Flashback-Mode

This message was brought to you by a Kitten who can see the Search Button

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mimir.4690

Mimir.4690

@Punk: I would be okay with a fraction, as well, actually. But the loot would pretty much be a major no-no for me.

@robinsiebler: And the author of this thread was supposed to know to search for the words “flash-back” instead of “replayable?”

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

‘Personal story’ would have worked. That is what it is called.

in Suggestions

Punk.6219

@Lookitsandrea: Yes. I feel the loot rewards should only be applicable for the 1st play through.