'Reporting' for niceness

'Reporting' for niceness

in Suggestions

Posted by: Malin.2490

Malin.2490

I wish there was some way in the game to ‘report’ someone when they had done something really nice for you. Maybe a similar option as the ‘report’ button but called ‘commend’ or something similar.

It would not have to do much, but it would be nice to have an easy way to show appreciation, even if you didn’t have time/wanted to write a mail or a whisper.

It would be similar to the +1 buttons on many forums, and maybe you would get a little smiley face or something somewhere in the corner of the screen. Or maybe you would have a ‘reputation’ bar somewhere showing how many people that have commended you.

I’d hesitate to tie it to some sort of reward or reputation as it can easily be abused, but I think something like this can be made to foster a bit of community. Many players are a bit shy, and you have helped a lot with that with dynamic events and other things that lets you team up without actually grouping up.

Just a thought, loving what you have done with the game so far (except bloodlust).

Jamail Saoud [Nice], the man with the Drake

(edited by Malin.2490)

'Reporting' for niceness

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

That would be nice.

'Reporting' for niceness

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Agree… I miss a way to show ppl apriciation in a way like this:) Perhaps there could be a voice of u’r characters saying something when this is done to u… like “it feels good helping someone” or “u’re welcome!”… or something…

Kima & Co

'Reporting' for niceness

in Suggestions

Posted by: Draco.9480

Draco.9480

Nah that would become Maplestory.
Maplestory has the fame system and it quit ridiculous, because numbers in fame/reputation are very colored that doesn’t really shows person personality.
People scam fame in Maplestory. You can meat a kittenbag with 500 fame and meat a nice guy with 100 fame. But in your logic the higher the bar the nicer the person?

'Reporting' for niceness

in Suggestions

Posted by: Delta.2093

Delta.2093

+1 to proposal, just keep it hidden
This should be hidden from other players – only the account owner and Anet support could view it, and should serve as a small tip about the players reputation: +27 players expressed gratitude towards your actions, -14 players were unhappy with…
This should be a warning sign for Anet to check accounts with very high negative votes and see why. Many people stop playing because of them. Also everyone who is blocked should have an additional negative value, maybe a -2.
Those with the high positive and very low negatives could be randomly rewarded for making this world a better place, but certainly they don’t need any rewards, because doing good is their joy and way of life, both in this game and in real life.

Delta | Spell (M) | Bold (W) | Conde (N) | Sky (El) | Flames (G) | Heart (T)
[FUG/SG/TDT] on the Jade Quarry

'Reporting' for niceness

in Suggestions

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

That’s still very subjective and in no way a system any administrator should take notice of.

If a large group of players, let’s say a guild, starts -1’ing a player because he just happens to be in the same spot as the guild is doing their missions, how representative would that be? The poor guy could be at -150 without ever doing anything wrong or mean.

I don’t trust the community with such power to be honest.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

'Reporting' for niceness

in Suggestions

Posted by: Delta.2093

Delta.2093

That’s still very subjective and in no way a system any administrator should take notice of.

If a large group of players, let’s say a guild, starts -1’ing a player because he just happens to be in the same spot as the guild is doing their missions, how representative would that be? The poor guy could be at -150 without ever doing anything wrong or mean.

That’s why I wrote “This should be a warning sign for Anet to check accounts with very high negative votes and see why.” That player should be observed – including chat logs and so on, because “bad” people never change, they continue to live in their own way: hurting others and enjoying that.

As for me, I could see for myself that I annoyed some people (sometimes you can’t avoid that, but feeling sorry for those or enjoying it it’s not the same), and also that I was helpful sometimes – and that means a lot.
If it’s hidden, then nobody would do “good” just to be praised, but because… no reason needed for that. And Anet it’s wise enough to know that making a mistake it’s not the same as being the source of evil all the times.

Delta | Spell (M) | Bold (W) | Conde (N) | Sky (El) | Flames (G) | Heart (T)
[FUG/SG/TDT] on the Jade Quarry

(edited by Delta.2093)

'Reporting' for niceness

in Suggestions

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Seems like an interesting algorithm-ing challenges to me. Each +1 can’t be weighted the same, strangers have more input then people on your friends list and a flood of +1s in a relatively short period must be handled appropriately. However I doubt it would happen game-programmers and computer-scientists don’t really overlap.

'Reporting' for niceness

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mars.6319

Mars.6319

It would be similar to the +1 buttons on many forums, and maybe you would get a little smiley face or something somewhere in the corner of the screen.

I hope I don’t get in trouble for publishing secret developer codes but I am going to chance it since this is in the name of rewarding nice players…

There is a way to send nice people little smiley faces that will appear on the corner of their screen, but only if you type the following codes into your chat box:

/tell [PlayerName] : )

'Reporting' for niceness

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tobbygnome.6793

Tobbygnome.6793

Post from the future:
“Getting a bit sick of all the commend requests from commanders lately. Whenever i’m playing WvW, commanders on my server are always asking us to commend them after completing every single little task, it’s getting to be a bit egotistical, annoying and sadly reminds me of how people on Youtube always ask for a ‘like/comment/subscribe’. Anet please remove the commend feature from the game.”

:P calling it o/

No i like your idea but it could be done better, and i do agree there should be more emote/social features in the game, after all this is a much more happy and casual MMO than others out there.

'Reporting' for niceness

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

I would like this a lot to be honest! +1 hope it will be implemented.

\||||||/
O°v°O