Request: better patch notes please!

in Suggestions

Posted by: OmegaNine.9148

OmegaNine.9148

I know a lot of us are spoiled with Blizzards patch notes, (say what you will about them but at least they keep the players informed) but the lack of information in patch notes is frustrating.
What buffs were given to what dugeons? How long do we need to wait to go back in to them? How big of xp / money nerf are we talking? This is all stuff that a lot of players want to know.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

I completely agree. For example, there’s a serious bug regarding certain personal story quests and grouping that completely wrecks a character’s storyline quest progress. At the same time, the most recent patch notes indicate several story quest issues have been fixed. Does that have anything to do with the aforementioned bug? Or were they completely separate issues? It’s really difficult to tell with the patch notes being so vague in some areas.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jestunhi.7429

Jestunhi.7429

Vague patch notes are barely better than no patch notes.

I agree, they need to improve them going forwards.

SoE have finally been knocked off the top spot
in the list of developers I have the least faith & trust in.
Congratulations ArenaNet!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mightylink.3816

Mightylink.3816

Yes please, I’m noticing a lot of ninja patching lately with no explinations, also where are the performance improvements? I havent seen a single increase since the game was released, where not going to have to live with this lag forever do we? I cant bare the thought of dealing with low framerates on a machine that runs crysis and other games maxed fine…

Mightylink – Norn Necromancer
Mythiclink – Asura Engineer

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jestunhi.7429

Jestunhi.7429

Yes please, I’m noticing a lot of ninja patching lately with no explinations, also where are the performance improvements? I havent seen a single increase since the game was released, where not going to have to live with this lag forever do we, even WoW fixed their aweful dalaran lag after the last expansion.

Lag?

I had a bit of rubber banding on the day I bought the game but have had nothing since then.

:edit:

And people need to learn that a single player game with a set amount of mobs & 1 player is completely different to an MMO with hundreds / thousands of characters with their own combination of armour, weapons and dyes. Many of which have AoE / cone attacks which require additional calculations to be done to see who will be hit. And that’s in addition to almost certainly having far more mobs than a single player has at any given time.

SoE have finally been knocked off the top spot
in the list of developers I have the least faith & trust in.
Congratulations ArenaNet!

(edited by Jestunhi.7429)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

And people need to learn that a single player game with a set amount of mobs & 1 player is completely different to an MMO with hundreds / thousands of characters with their own combination of armour, weapons and dyes. Many of which have AoE / cone attacks which require additional calculations to be done to see who will be hit. And that’s in addition to almost certainly having far more mobs than a single player has at any given time.

Many of the burdens you’re pointing out are handled by the servers, not the client. And these days there are plenty of visually impressive MMOs that run far better than GW2.

I love the game, but lets not pretend the performance couldn’t use some improvements. Even Nvidia representatives are quick to point out that GW2 currently isn’t able to use the GPU to its full potential because it is so CPU dependent. This problem was worse during early beta and has improved quite a bit since then. Hopefully it can improve more. I can’t fault people for wanting to see that.

in Suggestions

Posted by: lethlora.1320

lethlora.1320

+1

I know they said something like they are grinding out their patch note process, and really, without sounding pretentious, it would be great if they would look to Blizzard patch notes for a model of what to aim for. I dislike the lack of real information in patch notes and also that patch notes are not available on the patch client.