Respawn rate is way to fast sometimes!

in Suggestions

Posted by: yo daddys daddy.6912

yo daddys daddy.6912

It’s so ridiculous, you cant even leave an area with out getting swarmed by 10 mobs you just killed less then a minute ago. something needs to be done about it. i understand for large amounts of people it is needed but it is way to quick. it seems like 30 seconds. I dont think they should make it really slow, but it need’s to be addressed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Plunder.8195

Plunder.8195

Sometimes its crazy yes. They just appear right on top of you without warning. I would love to see some ‘grace-radius’ around me where mobs don’t respawn (especially when I’m in battle with some boss or veteran).

Some thought provoking quote

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

agree, it is set to support the initial rush of new players in the area,
but when the majority has leveled up and left the area the mob respawn rate remains high….

which can be tough….

the respawn rate should be determined by the ammount of players in the map

in Suggestions

Posted by: Phantax.1369

Phantax.1369

You’re kidding right? either you’re levelling in areas abouve your capability or you’re just plain doing something wrong. The re-spawn is right on. In fact in my own experience Id prefer it a little faster as levelling is just way too easy (Ranger and Guardian)

We’re not retreating… we’re advancing in a different direction !
Money can’t buy happiness, But it allows you to search in more places to find it !

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vargs.6234

Vargs.6234

Really just depends on the area. Most of the time it’s fine but some areas are a bit over the top. Underwater tends to be particularly bad. Between the low damage most professions do underwater, the fast respawns, the ease of aggroing underwater, and the mob density, it can get very unenjoyable very quickly.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Plunder.8195

Plunder.8195

I’m actually below my capacity (lvl 33 in a lvl 26 area with proper gear).
Most of the time it is fine and I have no problem. But sometimes, suddenly there are enemies nearly right on top of me.
It is especially annoying during a tough boss/champion fight to have suddenly enemy mobs appearing right next to you. (especially as a caster!)

Some thought provoking quote

in Suggestions

Posted by: baldsh.3896

baldsh.3896

I like the spawn rates, it’s rare that the spawns go nuts, but when thy do I find it fun and it actually provides a challenge. I don’t think they need to be changed at all. If you find yourself surrounded and you don’t want to fight, just run, out running the majority of the mobs is quite easy and no one is forcing you to stick around and kill them all.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

The northern part of Snowden drifts is really bad, as is the north water area in Caledon Forest. I saw this all over the place in the beta, the area just looks unnatural when every so many feet there is an enemy waiting for you. I don’t mind having a few areas here and there with dense enemies as long as they stay dead after you have fought your way through them but they don’t.

I find it VERY frustrating to kill off a dozen baddies only to turn around and find my rear already repopulated. If you throw in a veteran, it usually adds up to a death, because while I fight him, all of his friends I have killed just pop right back up. Add in the ridiculous density and there is no where to run because no matter which way you look it’s wall to wall baddies.

in Suggestions

Posted by: AdamLiborio.8436

AdamLiborio.8436

I’ve only ever noticed it in caves and underwater. Being a ranger I’ve got to move a lot to keep them from eating my face off so easily so it’s often that I can take a step (or dodge) back and aggro another enemy that was in an area I just cleared. But in the open areas I’ve never really had a problem as I can move along just fine and have enough room to move around without backtracking very much.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Petuleme Igeebobo.7329

Petuleme Igeebobo.7329

The first thing I thought about when reading this title were Risen mobs. They could use a slightly slower respawn rate. It is not a good idea to go into a Risen area when you are trying for the monthly survivor achievement.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bigtimmbo.8409

Bigtimmbo.8409

Respawn rate combined with the horrible targeting system is becoming a near game breaker for me. Not completely a game breaker yet, but getting there. It wouldnt be so bad if you didnt die from getting hit twice, but when you are attacking one mob, then one spawns right on top of you, and you switch targets only to target something not even in the field of view, and they attack also……yea not the best mechanic in an MMO.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Saurian.8452

Saurian.8452

I also have noticed the respawn rate is unbalanced. We are lead to believe movement is the key to fighting in this game, especially if you are an Elementalist like myself. Kiting usually takes up the last third of the the fight against normal mobs and invariably the odd second mob can be pulled if careless. I would go as far as saying it ‘looks’ like a bug when the same mob respawns from where you have just pulled him from while you are still fighting it !! Please either; up my damage, double the length of my stuns and slows or make it so the area you are in has a suitable respawn rate for the number of players directly around you. I suspect the respawn rate is calculated ‘map-wide’ for the amount of players.
I also agree with the above post regarding the tab targeting system, I too, have introduced non aggressive mobs into a fight by trying to change target between the two mobs directly in front of my toon, with auto-fire on of course, only to launch a single fireball at a poor unsuspecting creature. It’s usually at that point I hear Graham Chapmans voice from Holy Grail shout ‘Run Away’.

in Suggestions

Posted by: J Allin.7690

J Allin.7690

I agree. I think if the respawn wait was doubled from its present rate, (a minute, rather than thirty seconds) it would be just about right. I also agree with Saurian, that it makes movement in battles virtually impossible in some situations, because of the fear of drawing in previously killed mobs.

(edited by J Allin.7690)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dragonlord.6748

Dragonlord.6748

You’re kidding right? either you’re levelling in areas abouve your capability or you’re just plain doing something wrong. The re-spawn is right on. In fact in my own experience Id prefer it a little faster as levelling is just way too easy (Ranger and Guardian)

Respawn rate right on?
You kidding?

Please explain to me how that can be so when you have the same mob you just killed respawn in your face the moment you kill it.
I had some places where I killed a mob to get to a resource node only to have to fight thekittenmob 3-4 times because it respawned the instant it was killed

And I’m talking on level mobs, not mobs that are higher than me.
And in some areas I fight my way into a place to get to POI, skill challenge or some resource nodes only to have the mobs respawn while I fight.

They then proceed to swarm me and kill me so fast I dont even have time to react before I’m dead, and trying to fight to survive is pointless because the damage I do at that point are so low I can barely make a dent in the mobs health.
At best I can get a single mob to 3/4 HP before they kill me.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GlockworK.2954

GlockworK.2954

I find it VERY frustrating to kill off a dozen baddies only to turn around and find my rear already repopulated. If you throw in a veteran, it usually adds up to a death, because while I fight him, all of his friends I have killed just pop right back up. Add in the ridiculous density and there is no where to run because no matter which way you look it’s wall to wall baddies.

This is what bothers me the most. I just slayed a ton of enemies in an encampment or cave only to turn around and see that most of them have already respawned. In most cases I just say “screw it” and teleport out.

I hope they tone it back a bit once this initial surge of players start to get spread out.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Budg.3064

Budg.3064

I think it must be a bug or something tbh. I killed an ettin earlier from range and it respawned in the few seconds it took me to run to its corpse for loot. I killed it again and everything went back to normal, it didn’t respawn for a while after it’s second death.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Teracide.5137

Teracide.5137

I love running into a centaur camp, AoEing down about 6 of them while barely surviving, doing my business, then getting ganked by 8 more as I’m trying to leave.

On a serious note, I do agree with the OP on this one. It almost makes me feel rushed to complete my objective before I get jumped by the respawners.

in Suggestions

Posted by: endless.1376

endless.1376

Very true. You can kill something and move on only to have that same mob respawn right behind you seconds later. It really is a pain to deal with.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tomahawk.9534

Tomahawk.9534

I also agree. although the fast respawn rate can be quite handy in most situations especially now with the thousands of people roaming the land of Tyria, but it can be quite annoying when you are fighting a boss and the mobs that you killed before engaging him come back to life so fast…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shillen.1723

Shillen.1723

the respawn rate should be determined by the ammount of players in the map

/thread

It’s a pain when your friends aren’t on and you’re doing stuff solo during off-peak hours. The spawn rate is the same at 8am as it is at 8pm.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Salt.4621

Salt.4621

Yes I had an interesting time getting a Skill point in Gendarran Fields last night (Australian time, so off peak US time), solo effort (well me and my Ranger pets) with myself a Veteran Ettin guarding the Skill point and about 17 other Ettins that decided they wanted to respawn for the lulz. I managed to do it with multiple pet deaths but afterwards I seriously felt like I earned that Skill point. It was hard because of the respawn rate but I must admit I enjoyed it due to the difficulty. I won’t forget it either.

“Your face is funny. All squished and weird.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Crazylegsmurphy.6430

Crazylegsmurphy.6430

Totally agree. It’s super annoying to fight through a mob, have them respawn when fighting the champion, then turn around only to find they’ve all respawns behind you.

This really rammed me feel like I’m playing an arcade game, not immersed in an online world.