Respawn speed ridiculous?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Crainlairich.1870

Crainlairich.1870

Today there were a few people (around five) who tried to do the Bloodwitch event in Kessex hills. This is impossible to do with such a low number due to the super fast respawn of Barracudas and so on.

This isnt the only event / situation / location where the respawn is screwing over soloers and small groups and there really needs to be a change from “super fast respawn” (for a high kill count) to more durable mobs with a higher reward as XP. Adjusting the hit points of NPCs instead of pushing their numbers to adjust for the numbers of players doing an event is the right way to go, because condition damage dealers and illusion mesmers are really disadvantaged by “hordes of NPCs”.

A respawn of 5-10 minutes (or longer) is an acceptable solution if there is a sufficient number of mobs to begin with and not just “a few” which then reappear in a short while. Having to “fight” your way through a few mobs which then arent respawning 1 minute later at least gives you a sense of achievement.

in Suggestions

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

This is apparent in most all the zones. I’ve noticed it more, however, in the higher levels. Mobs re-spawn ridiculously fast; so fast in fact, that I can’t even go where I want to within reason because I am so involved with killing them step-by-step. By the time I get to where I wanted to go, the place is overrun and I am dead.

I do not think re-scaling the mob re-spawn rate is unreasonable for those of us that are either soloing or in smaller groups.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bahamadude.4925

Bahamadude.4925

I think i read on the forums that the respawn rate is kinda bugged. not sure how true it is however

in Suggestions

Posted by: kdohe.3809

kdohe.3809

Agree. Monster spawn/re-spawn is ridiculous. Knockdowns as well – both the frequency and the duration. Not sure if they ever claimed this to be an explorer oriented game; but it certainly can’t be thus far. Hard to explore an area with stuff popping up every 5 seconds. I’ve quit exploring. I just sort of finish an area and move on out. I feel like I’m merely power-leveling. I hope this changes. Gonna wait and see. After all, the game did just come out late August. Hardcore players would disagree, but they could easily have special areas for the cyber tough guys to go crazy. I’m a more casual player (old guy).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

All I know is that it can make for some very hectic battles. They just keeping spawning right on top of me while I’m in the middle of a fight!

in Suggestions

Posted by: cboye.3207

cboye.3207

Hahaha I never finished that event . i’ve died so many times (group of 5) that i’ve just moved on. Still you do prove a point with your statement. For example, look at the ice mobs in Lornar Pass and their AOE attacks…. if your a solo MM that place is your graveyard

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nkuvu.2570

Nkuvu.2570

I’ve run into some areas with ridiculously high respawn rates. And others that seem to be just fine. I don’t really understand why there’s a difference, unless it’s by design.

For example, my mesmer was completing the map in Diessa Plateau today. Around Grendich Courthouse, the ghosts were respawning almost faster than she could kill them on one side of the area. Kill two or three, and the first one pops up again. I’ve had similar issues with the ghosts near the skill point at Ascalon wall in the Plains of Ashford.

There’s another area with Separatists that never stop appearing, also in Diessa Plateau. I was the only player in the immediate area, and the Separatists were always spawning. I wish I had a screen shot, because I was there for a few minutes killing a bunch — and had more than a few corpses waiting for me with loot, but I couldn’t get to them without fighting through three more Separatists.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bonzoso.7014

Bonzoso.7014

I was in Dredgehaunt Cliffs earlier today doing a heart-quest to ‘Protect such-and-such Steading from the Sons of Svanir,’ where there were a couple Sons with a veteran right by the building. After a semi-tough fight because of their summon skills, the replacement enemies (including the veteran) were running up the hill to take the same position before I had even pressed F to loot.

Respawns in this game are out of control and need to be reduced by about 300% in most cases. Obviously they’re going to be high during DEs, and they should scale up in heart-quest areas with multiple active players, but other than that, a universal respawn rate of 3-5 minutes for normal mobs, 7-10 for veterans and 15+ for champions would make off-road traveling much more enjoyable.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caruk.9413

Caruk.9413

There is just no way to solo in the high level areas, I’m trying to complete the last area in Orr, and I can’t get to finish any skill point alone, whenever I need to kill a veteran for a skill point all of the other mobs will respawn and kill me, and just getting to where you need to go is a pain, sometimes you star killing mobs and they just overwhelm you, no ones appear faster than they can be killed.
I’ll just play with an alt on the starting zones for a while hopping that this gets fixed.