Respawning at waypoint when defeated

in Suggestions

Posted by: levelmakerguru.7210

levelmakerguru.7210

The fact that you cannot respawn at the waypoint after you are dead cannot be done, this bug needs to be changed, to sit and wait till the whole party dies to goto the waypoint has no point, talk about an unfair advantage. What you need to to is make the game so that everyone dies in the the game, and then you can charge for it, since this is were the game is headed………. This aspect is no fun, make me want to quit the game, in fact you refund the money I just put into the game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ArkAngel.7940

ArkAngel.7940

Mindless ranting followed by an “I quit give me back my money” is immature, and in no way constructive. The least you could have done was add a little detail called “context”. If you were in a dungeon, this is not a bug, for they intended it to be that way. If it was just out and about in open world PvE, then it could have been a bug, if so, then why are you posting on the suggestion forum?

Henge of Denravi [HoD]
The best player in the game
“I’m better than all of you!”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

It was removed from dungeons to stop people from taking a boss down by running to it, doing some damage, dying and repeating. They wanted people to use skill and tactics instead, weird as that thought might be.

If using skill and tactics are not to your taste I’m sure you can find another game to suit you.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

it used to be like that. it isnt a bug, they changed it to this way on purpose.

now stop your whining.

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

Actually it used to be like that and anet changed it because it made dungeons less strategic and more, keep running at this boss until it died. Though with really hard bosses like the lovers in AC story, that was almost necessary.

But since then they’ve nerfed those bosses so they arnt so ridiculous so it’s fine.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

Players that want this changed back are bad players

no

in Suggestions

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

Wow, the aggressiveness on those comments.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Envy.1679

Envy.1679

well when OP is whining, threatening to quit the game, and demanding a refund all because he wants the dungeon easier, he pretty much deserves it.

MARATHON CIV 5 DIFFICULTY 10 STILL GOING

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

When someone who is old enough to play the game and post on the forum has a public temper tantrum, you expect people to be overflowing with sympathy?

He got a verbal spanking, like his parents should have given him when he did this while growing up.

in Suggestions

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Most MMOs are like this, if you die at a dungeon you stay dead until it’s a full wipe. Even some games let you respawn at waypoint (The Secret World, for example) but there’s a barrier preventing you from leaving the waypoint area until everyone is dead, others (like WoW, at least back when I played) let you respawn on the waypoint outside the dungeon but don’t let you enter until everyone dies.

BTW, it used to be like that in the past, you died inside a dungeon you could respawn right away and join the fight again, and lots of people complained (and I agreed with them) that it made fights trivial and with no tactics needed since you could just keep dying, respawning and running back to continue fighting until the boss eventually died. It made healing and resurrecting mostly pointless, why resurrect someone if they could just die and rejoin the fight at full health much faster?

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

in Suggestions

Posted by: VidurrRedhands.1964

VidurrRedhands.1964

Just be thankful this isn’t like EQ where only one class could resurrect you but when you died you had to run back to your corpse naked to get your gear.