Rethink Offerings of Town Clothes, Please

in Suggestions

Posted by: Isende.2607

Isende.2607

ok, here’s the scoop: i am playing a fantasy game, right? i am playing a game with swords, spells, dragons, undead/risen, and so on and so on. mythical, right?

WHY am i stuck with “hoodie” and “cargo short” and “riding pant” and so on selections for my town clothes???

anet, people have been asking for something along the lines of your armor/costume slots from gw1 since betas. you refuse to acknowledge, much less listen, to these requests. then you bring in new employees to design, supposedly, armor for the game … and we end up with 20/21st century grunge wear, among other things.

you’re acting as though the majority of your playerbase is kids — we’re not. you’re acting as though we’d prefer to have these selections than things that would support the fantasy environment we’re playing within. i speculate that this isn’t true. you’re behaving as though we should be grateful for these tidbits you’re doling out, when you’re constantly refusing to acknowledge what we’re really asking for (read, costume ability/slots, and period- or story-appropriate town clothes, since we’re stuck only “personalizing” our characters in town clothes).

oh, and another thing? am i the only one who looked at the new shirts available and said, “oh, gee, what a <sarcasm> wonderful </sarcasm> way to reskin the norn town shirt.”?

in Suggestions

Posted by: jposton.3687

jposton.3687

I agree with all this! the ONE thing I have been dying for since launch though? New (read “different”) dances. Other games launch with these sort of options. Also, Guild Halls? Guild Battles? This IS Guild Wars after all…..

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

I really, really want the system used in Guild Wars back. It was so much better and it was nice being able to toggle your town clothes for instances for a bit of variety when grinding. I think Anet would see a sharp increase in cash shop sales if they actually started working on a more universal system for these things.