Rework sigil of demon summoning

in Suggestions

Posted by: Druss.6917

Druss.6917

As one of the least used sigils in the game, sigil of demon summoning needs the restrictions on it removed for PvE, WvW. For those who don’t know what I’m talking about:

After you spend the time building up 26 charges to summon the fleshreaver for a measley 60 seconds, and the thing dies or expires, the sigil is now 100% useless until you get downed, die, or rezone. While this is ok for other chargeable sigils, it’s not ok for a summoning one. Building 26 charges isn’t exactly instantaneous, even in large groups of mobs. To add to that, it only lasts 60 seconds (if not killed first, and they do die fairly easily).

This is what makes this sigil such a poor choice. I can understand the need to limit it in some fashion, but adding an ICD would solve that problem. Something like “cannot resummon for 60 seconds after the fleshreaver expires”. I hope someone on the team looks into this. Thanks for reading.

“Come to me and die you stinking whoresons. For I am Druss, and This is Death!”

in Suggestions

Druss.6917

Would like to bump for great justice, just so it doesn’t get buried too deep :P

in Suggestions

Posted by: Alerno.1425

Alerno.1425

I like the idea of able to summon things and have used this while leveling with my warrior and ranger. It’s great fun, but the 60 seconds duration does make it very weak compared with other sigils. Along with the OP’s point of it not working before zone change after summons, just makes it useless (unless you die a lot).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

That fleshreaver should just be a whole lot stronger, the 60 seconds should be removed, and the internal cool down should be removed as well. The fleshreaver should only die if you summon another one, or if it is killed in battle.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Suggestions

Druss.6917

Honestly I think the 60 seconds isn’t too bad. Ele summons only last that long. It’s the cd and inability to clear the stacks that makes it worthless. If you could resummon it as soon as your stacks are back up, then the 60 second duration wouldn’t be a problem really. If you wanted ti back up faster, just double the sigils up lol. It is kinda weak in terms of a summon though. There are summons from consumables (like fire elemental essence powder, ogre pet whistle, ect) that are far stronger and more resilient than this guy.