Right click mouse to move!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Saltz.2491

Saltz.2491

Hello,

I would like to be able to right click on the mouse on a location or on the map to move my character. I have Cerebral Palsy and have limit use of my left side, so I have to do all my movements and attacks with my right hand. the way the controls are set up now is very difficult for me to be effective. I set up my arrow keys so I could move forward, back, and turn left and right but then I am not able to strafe from left to right. I don’t know how difficult this would be to change, but it would really help the disabled community and myself play and enjoy GuildWars2.

Thanks,
Saltz

(edited by Saltz.2491)

in Suggestions

Posted by: LanceLet.6428

LanceLet.6428

If you hold left+right click, it’ll run your character forward. When you release it’ll stop the running forward. I know it’s not exactly what you’re requesting (since there’s no strafing), but I thought the bit of info hopefully might help you out.

in Suggestions

Posted by: evolverzilla.2359

evolverzilla.2359

Did you tried to click with the left+right buttons (same time) it makes the char move by the mouse so you only need to strafe. I don´t know how you can have all this uses with only one hand and some limited move with the other. If you have a 5 buttons mouse you can even bind some movement to the other buttons (i have one with 2 extra buttons on the left side of the mouse that can be binded to strafe left and right). I use my mid button to weapon swap. It can leave for you one hand just to push skills.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

If you hold both mouse buttons, the character will move in the direction the camera is facing.

It would also be a good idea to get a mouse with extra buttons like one of those fancy Logitech G-series. That way you can do more things with just one hand.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Saltz.2491

Thanks for the info. I didn’t know I could do that. I am hoping to get a better mouse for Christmas.

in Suggestions

Saltz.2491

So, I tried holding both the left + right mouse buttons and yes it allows you to move, but it also causes carple tunel. I still think being able to right click on the ground or map allowing the character to automatically move would be easy to control. I don’t think I’m allowed to mention other games, but there was one that had good controls and easy to adjust controls to the players preference.

Anyways if a Dev could put their 2 cents in that would be nice of them to show that they are taking suggestions to heart.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Um… you can do it with a bit of rebinding.

In the control settings, you will find Autorun. Default key is R or NumLock. You could bind that to a key on your mouse. Press once to start running, press again to stop running. The Autorun runs to the direction of the camera, which you can control with the mouse.

That is, you could do the following setup:

• Forward key to move forward
  • Backward key to move backward
  • Left key to Strafe left
  • Right key to Strafe right
  • Mouse Button to Autorun

(edited by Olba.5376)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dannybio.4267

Dannybio.4267

I’d love to move on right click too, I have a rather bad case of RSI, and ASWD alone kills my left shoulder and arm…