Role-playing server!

Role-playing server!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Milumeo Rinku.7583

Milumeo Rinku.7583

Hey guys!

So i’ve been playing GW2 from launch (not played GW1 sadly) and I have to say, it’s been the best MMO lore i’ve ever experienced. I’ve made numerous characters, and before I knew it, i’m making up stories for them as I play.

My suggestion is to make an RP server. I’d love to see the lore and backgrounds of the game put into practice and influenced by the players’ imaginations. I have tried RP guilds, but even then, they aren’t really RP. I’ve played Rift with RP which was great and LOTRO with RP which was fantastic with the integrated music system. I have to admit, I’m not big on LOTR (don’t kill me please) but with RP I even found myself enjoying the lore and story of the game.

tl;dr – Adding an RP server would be awesome and, for me and hopefully others :P, really enhance the experience of the game.

Role-playing server!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Havoc.4680

Havoc.4680

Tarnished Coast is pretty RP friendly, heck I would even say that is the un-official RP Server.

Role-playing server!

in Suggestions

Milumeo Rinku.7583

I didn’t know that, thanks for the info! may have to check it out sometime.
Even if it’s not a full blown RP server, maybe if they just added an RP mode like you could on lotro. You could type /rp on and it could change the colour of your name so people knew you were role playing

Role-playing server!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Havoc.4680

Havoc.4680

I can say its funny when a zerg rushes their keep in WvW, all you see is a lot of (/cry)s

Role-playing server!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Tarnished Coast is pretty RP friendly, heck I would even say that is the un-official RP Server.

That’s because it is, so is Jade Quarry

As for the OP. Official RP servers are the worse servers in any MMO for RPers. They have to be assigned by the people who play in them, rather than being arbitrarily assigned by the company. It minimizes the grief factor of anti-RP douch baggery.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

(edited by Kal Spiro.9745)

Role-playing server!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Poledo.3256

Poledo.3256

That’s because it is, so is Jade Quarry

As for the OP. Official RP servers are the worse servers in any MMO for RPers. They have to be assigned by the people who play in them, rather than being arbitrarily assigned by the company. It minimizes the grief factor of anti-RP douch baggery.

Or the company needs to enforce the rules there. EQ back in the day was great for that. The community also did a lot to police itself back then as well. When the company is not willing to help enforce it and handle the griefing then it has no hope.

Role-playing server!

in Suggestions

Milumeo Rinku.7583

Thanks for the replies. I understand what you mean by the ‘douch baggery’ that goes on. I just wish something would get implemented for RP’s even if its a simple chat command. Saying this though, the two servers mentioned above sound sound good, I may have to check them out sometime.

Role-playing server!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Banono.4597

Banono.4597

Alot of guilds on Tarnished Coast have [RP] as their tag or [LFRP] to let others know they are in character. Also people walking instead of running is a huge “Hey, I am RPing!” sign.

Check out GW2RP.com it has tons of info on events and characters on both TC for NA and PS (Piken Square) for EU.

As far the OP, I don’t think they will make a new server. Us RPers have already made a home that we have lived in for a year now, so many would unlikely move, and changing the server designation would cause Anet alot of headaches.