Rune / Sigil Extraction Tool

in Suggestions

Posted by: Carlos.4371

Carlos.4371

I’m sure this issue has been put on forums many times, but well…lets keep this up please. I’m sure many would like to have such a tool

I can’t be the only who got angry about this: I have put Runes of Divinity on my T3 cultural armor and after some time I wanted to change the runes. Why are we forced to either destroy the item to extract with Salvage Kit (which by the way often isn’t even possible), buy another rune and overwrite the rune or just get a whole new armor? In the end you unnecessarily lose a lot of gold…

Why don’t we have a Perfect Salvage Kit like we had in GW1? A kit which extracts Runes, Sigils, Inscriptions etc without destroying the item?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Based on data-mined information there is an item like that coming to the gem-store some time in the future, I’ll see if I can find the link.

EDIT:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1oihoa/data_mining_upcoming_features_from_blood_and/

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Suggestions

Carlos.4371

Oh, that is nice to hear! Was about time

in Suggestions

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

But then it makes black lion kit redundant.

BL kit is ONLY used to keep a rune or sigil, no one uses it outside of that (at least they shouldn’t be, if you know anyone who does, promptly wise them up)

There are only 2 options for this:
- Overpriced gem store item (aka money for anet from suckers)
- Never put into the game

Option 2 just continues the trend of time gating the game and trying to force players to play more to grind gear, which honestly annoys players and may have the reverse effect (playing less)

in Suggestions

lordkrall.7241

BL kit does however have a slightly better chance to get rare materials from items, so people would still use them when salvaging for ectos and dark matter.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Suggestions

Carlos.4371

Black Lion Kit will never be redundant, it is mainly used to get rare mats out of items which are cheap to destroy, a totally different use. The Upgrade Extractor will find its use in cases like mine where the armor/weapon is way too expenisve to destroy with a Salvage kit for materials

in Suggestions

Have No Faith In Me.1840

^ at how much one BL kit costs, it should never be used purely for materials, you always lose money.

It is cheaper to buy the materials from the TP. Buying a BL kit then salvaging = loss of money unless it has a 2g+ rune or sigil in it. So don’t say “it is mainly used to get rare mats out of items” because that simply isn’t true, majority of people don’t waste money.

Though there does need to be a Perfect Salvage Kit equivalent in GW2.

(edited by Have No Faith In Me.1840)

in Suggestions

lordkrall.7241

Hm?
I have never been able to buy Globs of Dark Matter on the TP tbh.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Suggestions

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Hm?
I have never been able to buy Globs of Dark Matter on the TP tbh.

You can get them with master kit, and very regularly. I salvaged about 20 cheap exo’s (70s) with mystic kit and had 44 dark matter, enough for 4 weapons, as soon as that patch launched.

Again BL kit is a waste for materials. You always lose a lot of money unless a good rune/sigil is attached.

in Suggestions

lordkrall.7241

Of course you can.
You can technically get them with a Basic Salvage Kit as well.
There is however 25% higher chance to get them with BL one compared to Mystic one.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square