Russian support for guild\party chat plugin

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frantic.8309

Frantic.8309

Q:

I would like to ask if I may make a plugin like the described below and if it will not break the license agreement or ArenaNet politics on this topic. I would be very glad to hear an answer from someone from ArenaNet team.

I am a programmer with about 12 years experience. What I suggest is to make a plugin(I can handle such a thing myself in about 1 – 1,5 weeks) that will work only for guild chat(or a party chat – not in others) and will do the following:

I want to write a message to my guild, I will write in a plugin overlay somethisng like:
(russian text)
It will appear in guild chat for people, who have no such plugin like:
[rus](translit for russian text)
If people who are in the guild have this plugin they will see:
(russian text)

I think such a thing will greately enchance gaming experience of russian-speaking community and will bring more russian players to the game. At the same time there still will be no russian in public channels, so that will not disturb non-rusian speaking players in any way.

Also there may be a feature allowing russian players, who speak english not so well, to translate their text from russian into english in public channels using for example, bing api(there is a free online translator from microsoft) – this will greately improve the social aspect and interaction between russian speaking and english-speaking communities, and will make the game even more atractive for russian-speaking players.

Thank you for your attention. And I would like to apologize for my bad english and mistakes that I could tolerate.

in Suggestions

Posted by: tahkman.9012

tahkman.9012

+

russian community deserves non translit chat ::

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Russians ruin Dota 2.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Finatol.1984

Finatol.1984

+
this will be a very useful thing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Naturewow.5730

Naturewow.5730

It wouldn’t be bad to have opportunity clearly to communicate in guild, not all know English so it is necessary to write on translitas that in any way doesn’t accelerate information transfer In turn, it is heavy to read it. So all hands \O/
It won’t affect in any way the rest communities or certain players.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frantic.8309

Frantic.8309

Russians ruin Dota 2.

Zoid, I understand what you are talking about. But this is the main thing the plugin is for – You will not see any russian or translit in main chat. This is only for chat inside a russan-speaking party or guild. And even more – if players do not know english, they can write in russian and this addon will automatically translate it for you(you as an englih-speaking player even will not need to install it – all what is needed is russian-speaking player using this plugin). Do you really think, that it will make the game harder and not better? Have you ever been in a situation, when there are 4 russians in your group and they are writing in chat something like:
primer texta po russki
for you it will be seen as:
example text in russian

looks good – does not it?

I really understand players, who are coming to play the english game and getting into a situation like this. I want to solve this problem – not to make new.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sey.5612

Sey.5612

I strongly hope A.net will allow Frantic to make this.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DasToxeH.1263

DasToxeH.1263

I think it will be very very useful and make communicate abilities wider.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Russians ruin Dota 2.

Zoid, I understand what you are talking about. But this is the main thing the plugin is for – You will not see any russian or translit in main chat. This is only for chat inside a russan-speaking party or guild. And even more – if players do not know english, they can write in russian and this addon will automatically translate it for you(you as an englih-speaking player even will not need to install it – all what is needed is russian-speaking player using this plugin). Do you really think, that it will make the game harder and not better? Have you ever been in a situation, when there are 4 russians in your group and they are writing in chat something like:
primer texta po russki
for you it will be seen as:
example text in russian

looks good – does not it?

I really understand players, who are coming to play the english game and getting into a situation like this. I want to solve this problem – not to make new.

I know. Very good idea of yours.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Punctum Redire.8739

Punctum Redire.8739

Subscribe to the fact that written Frantic. The idea is excellent.

in Suggestions

Posted by: FrorixRush.2403

FrorixRush.2403

I hope on that plugin. That a really good idea for this game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: sahamk.5672

sahamk.5672

Yeah transliteration is a horror…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sceptik.5741

Sceptik.5741

Exellent idea! I wish Anet to allow Frantic try himself in this project. The plugin is extremely necessary for all russian-speaking community until the official localization come.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pacifister.4798

Pacifister.4798

First Guild Wars supported russian language. Why Guild Wars 2 doesnt support it I have no idea. I realy hope arena.net will pay more attrention to russian community.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

More than russians use some form of cyrillic alphabet. I don’t understand why it’s not natively supported. I was surprised to see I could not write in cyrillic actually.

As far as russians ruining the zone chat with spam, isn’t it already ruined?

~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

in Suggestions

Posted by: Altwazar.3708

Altwazar.3708

I think we need support of russian characters in chat without third party software.

in Suggestions

Posted by: CutePicsHunter.7430

CutePicsHunter.7430

Guild Wars 2 Chinese Closed Beta Announcement

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Guild-Wars-2-Chinese-Closed-Beta-Announcement
Guess now this thread should be bumped.

HoT is just a cash grab.
Almost nothing in this game will ever be fixed.
Anet fix things only if it might increase gemstore sales.