Some Guild Wars in Guild Wars 2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Goshalaten.2415

Goshalaten.2415

I was thinking and seen as how this game was called guild wars 2, there shouldbe more competition between guguilds, there could be forexample a type of guild mission where two guilds fight eah other on a map map like the etrnal battlegrounds in WvW. Different sized guilds could fight similar guilds in size so their is a fir game. If two small guilds fought for example, the map would be scaled down depending on the size of the guild. There could be different objectives like, kill the guild leader for 500 influence and once you hav been defeated, thats it, you can’t come back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

The name is based on a situation in lore. Not mechanic based.

There might be GvG battles in the future, but as of now, there arent and they most likely won’t come until Guild Halls are released.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Suggestions

Posted by: RebelYell.7132

RebelYell.7132

The Guild Wars were over in Guild Wars 1 too, but that didn’t stop it from having GvG, AB, and, arguably, Jade Quarry and Fort Aspenwood representing a clan war your guild could take a side in.

User was infracted for being awesome.

in Suggestions

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

Agree something like AB or GvG should be introduced in GW2,

and no, the name ‘Guild Wars’ Doesn’t come from the Guild wars, but it comes from the PvP, when GW used to be a PvP only game, it was called Guild Wars, when they decided to add PvE they just kept the name and wrote the story about the Guildwars in, wich doesn’t really contribute alot to the story(only Adelberns hatred for Krytans, but even that could be written differently, it’s not like the game is called: Mursaat Wars, which would have alot of Lore tied into it)

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adren.4018

Adren.4018

doesnt need to be about Lore…its just the game is called Guild wars..why not jut put GvG in just for the hell of it..i mean stuctured pvp isnt about lore right? or is it? i dunno

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

The Guild Wars were over in Guild Wars 1 too, but that didn’t stop it from having GvG, AB, and, arguably, Jade Quarry and Fort Aspenwood representing a clan war your guild could take a side in.

AB FA and JQ were based on the Luxon /Kurzick split not Guilds so those are completely irrelevant to this conversation .

the Guild Wars took place between 1013-1070 AE between Ascalon , Kryta and Orr only ending with the Charr invasion . That event is what the game was named after . If we get guild halls then maybe you’ll see GvG but i wouldn’t expect it until then .

in Suggestions

Posted by: RebelYell.7132

RebelYell.7132

I acknowledged that Luxon vs Kurzicks were not the eponymous Guild Wars.

It still benefitted you to commit to the one your guild committed to.

User was infracted for being awesome.