Stop changing the dailies

in Suggestions

Posted by: scott.8740

scott.8740

every time i come on the dailies are changing this is getting on my nerves and im sure many others. So please stop changing them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dnc.9863

Dnc.9863

Well they aren’t getting on my nerves. Quite the contrary. Now it’s actually fun to do dailies because it’s not the same boring grind every single day. Sure, it might slow things down a bit because you have to stop and evaluate what to do and where to do it. But at least it’s not, and won’t be, as mindless and repetitive a grind. :p

in Suggestions

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

“Changing”? I thought they were supposed to be random now…

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

in Suggestions

Posted by: alfista.6094

alfista.6094

Good luck with that mate.

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

“Changing”? I thought they were supposed to be random now…

They are, but they change every day. That’s what he’s complaining about.

OT:

Variety is the spice of life. Live a little.

I for one welcome these new dailies, and I hope they keep adding to the criteria so we have even more combinations.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Reganov.3569

Reganov.3569

Scotty doesn’t know

Wolfred Darkwater – Fort Aspenwood

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

naw i like the rotating dailies.

in Suggestions

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

I agree with Dnc, I have been doing dailies since start of the game (Missed a few ofc).
It was getting quite annoying doing the same routine everyday, I feel more like ‘What do I have to do today? hihi’ Umm… And I say I wan’t even more veriaty in the dailies.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

in Suggestions

Posted by: mate.9048

mate.9048

I only hate the crafting daily.. I don’t like crafting and now I must spend some silvers on it and this is for nothing I craft something useless then i sell it for nothing so pleasetake it out.

Kalaap-lvl 80 Human Elementalist
Seafarer’s Rest
Barátság Hösei [BH](Hungarian Guild ^^)

in Suggestions

TheDaiBish.9735

I only hate the crafting daily.. I don’t like crafting and now I must spend some silvers on it and this is for nothing I craft something useless then i sell it for nothing so pleasetake it out.

Why not just refine some ore + planks? That counts too.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Twylla Night.1792

Twylla Night.1792

I like the variety in dailies. Thank you, for the change!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

For the crafting daily just take a crafting profession that refines ore or logs and refine the lowest level ore or logs. You can do the harvesting daily in the low level area and save those materials. All you have to do is set the interface to refine 10 of the ore or logs.

Its actually the quickest/easiest one to complete. Well it and the talk to the laurel npc one.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kyredwen.5480

Kyredwen.5480

I far prefer the changing dailies. The Dodging one is near impossible except with certain mobs/classes, but I found a way to get it fairly easily. the Combo one was very buggy, took quite a while for a guildie and I to get done but we did. Part of that may have been strangers grabbing the killshot, people who weren’t working with anyone. Not cool.

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

You could always, you know.. not do dailys? If they annoy you to the point where you must scream for the repetitive old ways then don’t strain yourself and do other content. Monthlies only change once a month and if its laurels you want well they give 10… I love the new dailys, its different and still easy as toast (who can’t make toast? I can’t make cake… dont get that saying)

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Suggestions

Posted by: jwaz.1908

jwaz.1908

It’s the new system, I find it refreshing to have a new set of goals each day, so you’re just going to have to live with it, at least until they implement the “select your own daily” system.

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Nemata Sapshield – Dragonhunter
Lillian Estre – Tempest

in Suggestions

Posted by: aXeonz.3967

aXeonz.3967

Your complaining that dailies change? Seriously? You need to be slapped.

Who the heck buys an MMO and cries “STOP CHANGING THE MMO! It’s getting on my nerves!”

Stop complaining. This is a suggestion thread, not the cry-baby corner.

Suck it up and play the game. If you dont like it, make constructive suggestions and give proper feedback. Don’t come on the forums complaining about how your life is over because they make the dailies more fun and change it up from the usual-Do the same-crap.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

You’ve given the problem: you don’t like that they change.

However, you give no solution for it. Obviously it was static before and they changed it to dynamic so the developers felt static was a problem.

So if both static and dynamic are a problem, what do you propose changing the daily to that’s neither static nor dynamic?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Warzog.6315

Warzog.6315

Like the op I liked the old dailies.
They weren’t a grind, I got them while exploring each map, and they’d just pop up as being done.
Now…
You have to grind crafting…
Grind healing people…
Grind looking for Veterans to slay…
Grind killing things under water…
Just grind and grind and grind…

And, if the old dailies were boring it’s probably due to just grinding dailies instead of playing the game.

Of course, the rewards for dailies are kinda useless… I have half a stack of those useless Karma jugs. There’s just not that much worth buying with karma…

in Suggestions

Seera.5916

To me the daily is supposed to be a reward for doing things you might not have done otherwise.

Not something that you get while simply playing. Because everyone plays differently. To me I had to grind the 13 variety because I stay on one map to get my 100% completion and it takes me more than one day to complete a map. And a particular area on a map might not have the 13 different types of enemies.

The new dailies are less of a grind for me than the old dailies.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

dude you can get Underwater and combat healer in the same shot as well as an event or 2 . Vets? just as easy and when was crafting a few planks of wood grinding?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Greyt.4815

Greyt.4815

there is nothing wrong with changing dailies and I barely have to think to do them in the course of playing except underwater kills (you can ONLY gripe about this if you have a single character and your class is ele). If you have a level 1 anything run to the nearest pond and train your water weapon skills. You have to go slightly out of your way to do this one (I would slice my wrists rather than do it on ele), but it’s not tough on any other class of any level. Take 5 min before or after Claw

in Suggestions

Posted by: Greyt.4815

Greyt.4815

How about we change monthlies to reward x more laurals for how many catagories you finish above the base? Award x for finishing and x more at the end of the month based on additional?

in Suggestions

Seera.5916

there is nothing wrong with changing dailies and I barely have to think to do them in the course of playing except underwater kills (you can ONLY gripe about this if you have a single character and your class is ele). If you have a level 1 anything run to the nearest pond and train your water weapon skills. You have to go slightly out of your way to do this one (I would slice my wrists rather than do it on ele), but it’s not tough on any other class of any level. Take 5 min before or after Claw

I fall under the category of single character that is an elementalist and I’m not going to whine about it. It’s not that hard to kill things underwater. I’ve done a personal story where I had to kill like 3 sharks in order to progress. Wasn’t that hard to do. But yes, water combat is not my favorite thing to do. But not so much that it makes the Daily so hard that I’d complain about it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

no.
random dailies are nice surprise.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

…Shall we stop bumping this ridiculous thread by disagreeing with the OP now?

I know posting that was counterintuitive by the way, but this thread needs to die…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

I like rotation dailies, i just wonder why did they remove ‘’ ally skill combination / finisher" daily, i liked it a lot, the problem was people didn’t know how to get this done, and it would be nice to have more of this stuff around. Just fix it and bring it back in even getter shape.

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

in Suggestions

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

They weren’t a grind, I got them while exploring each map, and they’d just pop up as being done.
Now…
Grind healing people…

And, if the old dailies were boring it’s probably due to just grinding dailies instead of playing the game.

Of course, the rewards for dailies are kinda useless… I have half a stack of those useless Karma jugs. There’s just not that much worth buying with karma…

A lot of people said the same about the old, static dailies. They were having to “grind” kill variety or gathering or even events. I’m pretty sure this is why Anet changed it; there was a thread in General Discussion with well over 100 replies, most of which were people saying they either don’t do the daily anymore, do it but hate it or do it because it just happens without them ever paying any attention to it.

At least this way if you really can’t bear doing something you can leave it and do it the next day, under the old system people who hated doing it were stuck.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Suggestions

TheDaiBish.9735

And this is why the word ‘grind’ has lost all meaning.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

I like not having to do the same thing every day.
Also, dailies have always been created around things you would normally do when you play – it’s the players who have turned it into a ‘daily grind’.
Which really doesn’t take longer than half an hour a day if you put your mind to it…

Also, don’t forget that we’ll get a choice about which dailies to complete in an upcoming patch.

Polka will never die

in Suggestions

Posted by: shahryar.8437

shahryar.8437

hmm dailies changing daily…. weird…

in Suggestions

Posted by: LizLemon.7843

LizLemon.7843

hmm dailies changing daily…. weird…

lol, slow clap

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Now…
Grind healing people…

Laurels, you get numerous items with those, 1 laurel per pve daily, and 10 laurels for pve monthly.

And I hardly call reviving 10 npcs a grind, or 10 crafted items. Most people are used to gathering nodes on a regular basis, so you must have mats. USE THEM, gets you exp and levels up crafting if you havn’t already. Grind killing things underwater? Its 25, not the 50 or so from that other daily. I don’t think you understand the definition of grind… hardly call various small tasks that change daily and add up to 15 minutes a day tops a “grind”

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Suggestions

Warzog.6315

Laurels, you get numerous items with those, 1 laurel per pve daily, and 10 laurels for pve monthly.

And I hardly call reviving 10 npcs a grind, or 10 crafted items. Most people are used to gathering nodes on a regular basis, so you must have mats. USE THEM, gets you exp and levels up crafting if you havn’t already. Grind killing things underwater? Its 25, not the 50 or so from that other daily. I don’t think you understand the definition of grind… hardly call various small tasks that change daily and add up to 15 minutes a day tops a “grind”

To me, grinding means: “to repeatedly work at doing something that you would not ordinarily do.”
Reviving 10 npc’s ordinarily wouldn’t be a grind, if you normally revive every downed person or npc that you encounter. If you only revive them because it’s a requirement of the daily-that’s grinding.
If you enjoy killing things underwater, it’s not a grind. If, your underwater skills are terrible, and you avoid underwater combat as much as possible, it’s a grind if you do it only because it’s a requirement of the daily.
If you don’t enjoy crafting, and aren’t even trained to craft, doing so because it’s a requirement of the daily-it’s a grind.
If you only gather nodes for extra money, and only certain items, because the prices aren’t worth doing so, it’s a grind if you only do it because it’s a requirement of the daily.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Munrock.3092

Munrock.3092

Some people have weird ideas about the definition of ‘grind’. I’m just glad that ANet and the majority of players agree on the definition and hate grinding.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

To me, grinding means: “to repeatedly work at doing something that you would not ordinarily do.”
Reviving 10 npc’s ordinarily wouldn’t be a grind, if you normally revive every downed person or npc that you encounter. If you only revive them because it’s a requirement of the daily-that’s grinding.
If you enjoy killing things underwater, it’s not a grind. If, your underwater skills are terrible, and you avoid underwater combat as much as possible, it’s a grind if you do it only because it’s a requirement of the daily.
If you don’t enjoy crafting, and aren’t even trained to craft, doing so because it’s a requirement of the daily-it’s a grind.
If you only gather nodes for extra money, and only certain items, because the prices aren’t worth doing so, it’s a grind if you only do it because it’s a requirement of the daily.

Have you considered the option of not doing the daily?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Altariel.4610

Altariel.4610

Now…
Grind healing people…

Same here, now i need go to maps for healing, kills underwater … i prefer old dailys

in Suggestions

Warzog.6315

Have you considered the option of not doing the daily?

Well… Unless, as has happened today, I get a daily while going through my normal routine, I don’t waste my time trying to get a daily. And monthly’s… I’ll never get one.
Which, goes back to my deep hatred of grinding…
I suppose, that’s also why I don’t craft, feels like grinding to me, when I can be out doing other things in the game.
And… PvP, WvW, and Dungeons feel the same way… I’d rather be out exploring, doing quests, etcetera.
Stopping to grind away at any one thing, especially when your end reward can sometimes require hours, days, weeks, or even months to obtain, it’s far to much grinding to me.

Of course, simply playing the game day in and day out could technically be called grinding, I find it to be a relaxing and enjoyable passtime.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oak Face.9427

Oak Face.9427

I was wondering it would be possible just let people do 3-4 thing out of 7 or so things to fulfill your dailies, or to some extent like that. If this was done it could provide more options for players and some people my fine they do the requirement without meaning to. this could also be done for the monthly task that some people may fine annoying or not even possible. This would also make it so they would not have to change the dailies so often.

if someone already mentioned this then just ignore me

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dnc.9863

Dnc.9863

Now…
Grind healing people…

What about those players who already have reached 100% world completion? Of course every one of us has conveniently gotten those dailies while exploring but what happens when there’s nothing left to explore anymore? How are these players able to do dailies without grinding the same objectives every day?

By rotating the different things to do on a daily basis, of course.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TJV.6239

TJV.6239

every time i come on the dailies are changing this is getting on my nerves and im sure many others. So please stop changing them.

You’re obviously a player who doesn’t pay attention to game updates.

Dailies are randomised now like monthly challenges.

Shalom
Tyler Joe