Salvage tools that don't destroy gear

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

GW1 has the perfect salvage kit. You can use it to remove runes and insignias/inscriptions/mods on armor and weapons without breaking the weapon itself. I feel GW2 would benefit from an equivalent. If I want to change out an expensive runeset on an armor set I like, it means I have to lose those runes if I don’t want to break the armor.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

in Suggestions

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

That would be a nice option. I might be confused how it works because I didn’t think I could replace a sigil with another one without breaking everything. I would like to be able to just replace one with the other and not worry about the one I don’t want anymore. I’d also like to see them make a few options for some of the gem store items like the molten axe. I only bought one just before it went off the store. As we know it is soul bound on use. I’m an alt aholic and would like to be able to put it in the bank from one character so one of my other characters can use it. I know the idea is to sell more of them but it would be nice if I could. I am not buying the sickle for all my alts because I don’t like the animation as much.

At least all my alts can ride my broom stick. Funny story though. Today I was looking for it so I could use it for my alt with the wings to ride around. I couldn’t find it and thought I deleted the character it was on. Then when I equipped the new on I did a /facepalm when I realized it goes in the town clothes slot and that is where the old one is on an other alt. So now I have 2 I guess. Maybe I will start a broom stick motorcycle club.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

About the only way to do it is to transmute, which means having a piece of gear with the upgrade on it that you want to apply to the armor you like.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Torqueblue.1945

Torqueblue.1945

A Perfect Salvage kit would be nice. However I’m sure there be conflict with that being in-game. Still would be nice.

Scotch and Pills, what could possibly go wrong? – Max Payne

in Suggestions

TheKillerAngel.3596

Yeah. Who knows – I’m guessing it might be added in future releases.

in Suggestions

Posted by: wulfsbane.6539

wulfsbane.6539

Yeah, this is a good idea. Anet can sell it for gems and make some money.

in Suggestions

Posted by: chnet.1832

chnet.1832

Yes. It’d be nice to have something that can “socket out” runes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

Yeah for sure this would be great

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

in Suggestions

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

It would certainly help with acquiring runes from Karma gear that’s for sure.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Suggestions

Posted by: pullnointer.1476

pullnointer.1476

splendid idea indeed

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

At least add a NPC character that can remove upgrades from weapons/armor without destroying the armor/weapon.

Would make a nice gold sink.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Weirwynn.2390

Weirwynn.2390

At least add a NPC character that can remove upgrades from weapons/armor without destroying the armor/weapon.

Would make a nice gold sink.

Obviously less of a gold sink than the loss of the rune or item represents, or people wouldn’t be so adamant about having it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

GoddessOfTheWinds.2937

I’m totally up for a quite expensive gem item that could enables the “extraction” of a rune/sigil without destroying the gear. It should be quite expensive to limit their use, but available to those who don’t want to lose a precious skin!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

I’m really thinking this idea would be great for those really expensive infusions out there.

in Suggestions

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

This will not get implemented.

The reason it hasn’t been already is obvious. The items are destroyed because of intentional design, not because the devs “forgot” or “haven’t thought of” a Perfect Salvage Kit.

in Suggestions

TheKillerAngel.3596

The reason it hasn’t been already is obvious. The items are destroyed because of intentional design, not because the devs “forgot” or “haven’t thought of” a Perfect Salvage Kit.

That doesn’t preclude the possibility of future addition.

in Suggestions

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

Well, when you intentionally don’t put something in the game for gold sinking reasons, it’s a safe bet to say it will not be added in the future.

That’s like asking them for a magical stone that lets you use waypoints for free.

in Suggestions

TheKillerAngel.3596

Well, when you intentionally don’t put something in the game for gold sinking reasons, it’s a safe bet to say it will not be added in the future.

That’s like asking them for a magical stone that lets you use waypoints for free.

I do not think infinite mining picks/sickles/axes were expected at launch.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Septemptus.7164

Septemptus.7164

+1.
It was said before and I always like the idea, so I hope ANet will finally hear it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: pullnointer.1476

pullnointer.1476

I do not think infinite mining picks/sickles/axes were expected at launch.

that are completely impractical to buy…?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

They have indeed thought of this before, who knows. Maybe one day….
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Perfect_Salvage_Kit
A few things to note though, they were not in the game until near the very end, and also right now you can just overwrite whatever upgrade you currently have in it and it won’t destroy the gear. You just can’t pull the upgrade out and expect to still have the gear.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…